• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Calendyr

Calendyr

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:00 PM

Hello guys,

just a quick question about droid cards.  Can a droid do a second action for the ship it's in or does the action it does replace the one from the pilot?

I can't find anything in the rules regarding this.  To me it would make sense the droid can do things on it's own on top of the pilot doing it's own action but I hate not knowing.

#2 CrookedWookie

CrookedWookie

• Members
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:11 PM

Replaced. It's one action per ship (minus PTL, Vader,etc) regardless of where it comes from.

#3 Buhallin

Buhallin

• Members
  • 3,225 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:33 PM

I probably wouldn't call it "replaced" - the pilot still has all their standard actions available to them.  The droid (or any other upgrade with the "Action" keyword) gives you a new option to spend your action on.

#4 CrookedWookie

CrookedWookie

• Members
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:02 PM

Replaced.
But seriously, yeah you could say it effectively adds another action to your pilot's action bar, rather than thinking of it as replacing your action. I'm not sure why some things specify that they add an action (like Boost from Engine Upgrade) but Droids do not.

#5 Emrico

Emrico

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:57 PM

Replaced.
But seriously, yeah you could say it effectively adds another action to your pilot's action bar, rather than thinking of it as replacing your action. I'm not sure why some things specify that they add an action (like Boost from Engine Upgrade) but Droids do not.

Some cards (ex: Engine Upgrade) specifically add actions to your action bar because there are other cards & abilities that specifically state they effect actions in the action bar. Seems to have been a conscious design choice to keep action bar actions separate from, for example, an R5 action that removes a damage card.

Jim
Rebels: 3 YT-1300s, 6 X-Wings, 6 Y-Wings, 6 A-Wings, 6 B-Wings, 4 HWK-290s,10 Z-95s, 3 E-Wings, 2 GR-75s, 1 CR-90
Imperials: 8 TIEs, 4 TIE Adv, 12 TIE Interceptors, 3 Firesprays, 6 TIE Bombers, 5 Lambdas, 3 TIE Defenders, 4 Phantoms

#6 Buhallin

Buhallin

• Members
  • 3,225 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:10 PM

What Emrico said.

Most of the abilities which grant free actions either give specific ones (Turr, Expert Handling) or allow you to take an action on your bar (Push the Limit, Lando).  Vader can do whatever he wants with his second, and Squad Leader allows any action, but I believe all the others are limited.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS