Force Talent Trees - Enhance and Foresee

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 OgreBane99

OgreBane99

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:09 PM

A player of mine came across two additional force talent trees: Enhance and Foresee, from the wonderful internet.  They look interesting... especially the enhance tree.

Are these trees something that were in the beta book or something?  I've never seen the beta and am only familiar with the core rulebook that I bought. 

Are they new trees from the beta of AoR?  I'm assuming that AoR will have some new force stuff, but I don't know anything yet about this beta.

Ryan (Ogre_Bane)

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion."

#2 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

Looking for a saint? Look elsewhere.

• Members
  • 3,051 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:25 PM

They're new powers from the recently-released Age of Rebelliion Beta.

Dono's Gaming & Etc Blog - http://jedimorningfire.blogspot.com/

"You worry about those drink vouchers, I'll worry about that bar tab!"

#3 IceBear

IceBear

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:29 PM

Do you have a link? (assuming it's not to a pirated version).

Edit:When I posted this I had the impression this might have been someone's attempt at making their own version of the talent trees. It didn't sound like the original poster saw it in the AoR beta book (or he would have known where it came from). I didn't want a link to pirated material

Edited by IceBear, 27 August 2013 - 04:54 PM.

#4 IceBear

IceBear

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:31 PM

They're new powers from the recently-released Age of Rebelliion Beta.

Released to those who went to GenCon but still not available to the unwashed masses (like myself)

#5 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

Looking for a saint? Look elsewhere.

• Members
  • 3,051 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:43 PM

Do you have a link? (assuming it's not to a pirated version)

Asking for a link to a pirated copy on the company's own forums?

That's just plain tacky.

Dono's Gaming & Etc Blog - http://jedimorningfire.blogspot.com/

"You worry about those drink vouchers, I'll worry about that bar tab!"

#6 IceBear

IceBear

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:48 PM

Did you read what I wrote? I didn't want a link to pirated material. I didn't know if he had found some home-brewed rules for it as there have been lots of user made force rules

#7 OgreBane99

OgreBane99

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:33 PM

Hmmmm.  Didn't realize it was pirated stuff.  I don't know how he (my player) found it, but I'm not going to send it out to people.  :-)

Sorry for being a pirate!

Ryan (Ogre_Bane)

#8 IceBear

IceBear

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:36 PM

Again, it might not be. It could be something someone created themselves. And, no, if it is from the AoR beta book don't provide any links.

#9 fjw70

fjw70

• Members
  • 559 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:01 PM

Spec and force power trees are shared pretty liberally around here and no one has a problem with them as long as they are not scanned from the book.

#10 EldritchFire

EldritchFire

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:31 PM

It's not pirated material. I posted them over on the Age of Rebellion forum, since they were being discussed.

Here is a link to the thread, starting where I shared the first power. The second is four posts down:

http://community.fan...rgent/?p=843356

-EF

#11 Callidon

Callidon

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:59 PM

I've updated my force power trees for use in my mixing and matching of EotE and AoR content duing the playtest and on into the core release of AoR. They aren't scans, and fall in the realm of other fan content, character sheets and quick play references that feature the proprietary dice symbols, rules excerpts and/or charts from the books. Link is in my sig.

STUFF:

Edge of the Empire: Talent Trees; Force Powers; Character Sheet

#12 Chortles

Chortles

• Members
  • 748 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:10 PM

Yeah, it's not exactly a secret that they -- without the rest of the book's contents -- are out there, and they were the subject of no small debate.

Well, according to George Lucas, the Empire is intended to be bad guys and the Sith to be objectively evil.

Fans proceeded to immediately disregard his bull and have fun with the Empire and make believable characters left and right, and come up with sensible rationalizations east, west, north and south.

#13 Endrik Tenebris

Endrik Tenebris

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:04 AM

I've updated my force power trees for use in my mixing and matching of EotE and AoR content duing the playtest and on into the core release of AoR. They aren't scans, and fall in the realm of other fan content, character sheets and quick play references that feature the proprietary dice symbols, rules excerpts and/or charts from the books. Link is in my sig.

Oh my god these are all absolutely beautiful.  I love you.

Are you, by chance, working on the Careers from AoR?  Because you're literally my favorite person right now.

Edited by Endrik Tenebris, 28 August 2013 - 12:04 AM.

FFG Star Wars RPG Content - Periodic Updates.  Species, items, and more:  https://www.dropbox....3x57/qXerqp6BHq

FFG Star Wars Mass Effect Conversion - In Progress:   https://www.dropbox....woxz/xr0nnETGK4

#14 OgreBane99

OgreBane99

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:06 AM

Oh good to know.  I feel better. 

The enhance tree looks like a lot of fun.  Especially the force leap. 

Now we just need some lightsaber form talents and some force lightning/choke and I'm set...

Ryan (Ogre_Bane)

#15 OgreBane99

OgreBane99

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:06 AM

Seconded for the AoR talents.

Edited by OgreBane99, 28 August 2013 - 12:08 AM.

• Endrik Tenebris likes this

Ryan (Ogre_Bane)

#16 Chortles

Chortles

• Members
  • 748 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:06 AM

Oh good to know.  I feel better. 

The enhance tree looks like a lot of fun.  Especially the force leap. 

Now we just need some lightsaber form talents and some force lightning/choke and I'm set...

Keep in mind that it's all beta book stuff, and therefore all subject to potential revision. Forewarned is forearmed! ;) Still, it's an interesting look at how FFG's philosophy is about implementing of "seen" Force powers... no lightsaber form talents (yet) but that's by design in AoR, just like how much of the Force-related content is being left for FaD...

Well, according to George Lucas, the Empire is intended to be bad guys and the Sith to be objectively evil.

Fans proceeded to immediately disregard his bull and have fun with the Empire and make believable characters left and right, and come up with sensible rationalizations east, west, north and south.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS