Voice of Isengard Discussion

• Please log in to reply
533 replies to this topic

#41 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:54 PM

Also...on page 1 a few of you said you saw an elf that looked it could possibly be Haldir?? where is that? the only banner characters i see are Eomer, that smug orc, and the elven female

top left of the about page i think

I feel stupid, dont see it anywhere.  To the left of Eomer?

BStAD0tCMAAoLYD.png

"His life is charmed, or fate spares him for some other end."

#42 Legolas of Darkwood

Legolas of Darkwood

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:08 PM

Spontanous reaction: It's Arwen! Trust me on this, I would recognise her everywhere :D

#43 Nickpes

Nickpes

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:09 PM

I also cannot see the elf, just eomer, the orc and the female elf which i also believe to be arwen.

So .... Is christmass close ? cause i cannot wait or long :P

Lord of all Noldor

A star in the night And a bearer of hope

He rides into his glorious battle alone Farewell to the valliant warlord

#44 John85

John85

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:11 PM

Also...on page 1 a few of you said you saw an elf that looked it could possibly be Haldir?? where is that? the only banner characters i see are Eomer, that smug orc, and the elven female

BStAD0tCMAAoLYD.png

Where you are seeing Eomer, used to show an elf. Tricksy FFG put up a new banner. I'm trying to find a cached image.

#45 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:17 PM

BStAD0tCMAAoLYD.png

Where you are seeing Eomer, used to show an elf. Tricksy FFG put up a new banner. I'm trying to find a cached image.

oh man, please do.  dying to see the image now

#46 John85

John85

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:18 PM

maybe someone is better with finding cached images than I am? feel free to join the hunt. Perhaps someone with more GeekGold (BGG) than I have will post a bounty?

Edited by John85, 27 August 2013 - 03:19 PM.

#47 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:21 PM

ah yes- so they have removed it...i wonder why?

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#48 Zalrus9

Zalrus9

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:23 PM

Westfold Outrider (The Rohan Ally sort of spoiled) seems to have an exhaust to choose and enemy (or location) in the staging area. Will it be an attack? Will we have a tactics ally that can do locations? That seems rather cool. 

#49 John85

John85

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:31 PM

After searching my cache (which was intact) I found an image that kept popping up as a black square (and therefore I presume was the image that got deleted). It was "MEC25_bg_mini.jpg". They may have, alternatively just written over the old file with a new one and kept the same name (MEC25_bg-b.jpg).

Good luck finding it.

#50 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:49 PM

Hmmm very interesting and suspicious. I think my vote is going to that character (presumably Haldir) as the second hero. It's a significant individual and the removal of the image is just too much of a coincidence. I can see the conversation at FFG now: "put up a picture of the new hero as part of the banner" "ok done! What do u think?" "No! Not that hero! The one that's already revealed! Hurry and change it." "Ok sorry... There....I bet no one even notices"

#51 kyrie

kyrie

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:56 PM

The elf that might be Haldir is here (on the top left): http://www.fantasyfl...0&esem=1&epmi=s

Woah! I just went to my own link in a new window and the picture banner totally changed to Eomer!!

Did FFG take down the man-elf and put this up instead all of a sudden??

I just saw the above posts. I guess I'm not the only crazy one...

I have a screen shot of the original shot because I left the page up from earlier...but don't know how to upload it to here.

Edited by kyrie, 27 August 2013 - 04:01 PM.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." - Bilbo Baggins, The Fellowship of the Ring

#52 leptokurt

leptokurt

• Members
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:57 PM

Orthanc Guard.

Want have!

#53 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:57 PM

The elf that might be Haldir is here (on the top left): http://www.fantasyfl...0&esem=1&epmi=s

That link shows Eomer for me

#54 legolas18

legolas18

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:00 PM

Although, the art on that female elf looks too good for an ally. The only other allies that I can think of off the top of my head that might even come close to that good are Haldir and Gildor... Hmm. And she looks like a spirit character for some reason, whether she's the hero or an ally.

Edited by legolas18, 27 August 2013 - 04:00 PM.

Playing an intense scenario, on the last stage, right when you notice you've been playing with two Bofurs the whole time.

#55 kyrie

kyrie

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:02 PM

Hmmm very interesting and suspicious. I think my vote is going to that character (presumably Haldir) as the second hero. It's a significant individual and the removal of the image is just too much of a coincidence. I can see the conversation at FFG now: "put up a picture of the new hero as part of the banner" "ok done! What do u think?" "No! Not that hero! The one that's already revealed! Hurry and change it." "Ok sorry... There....I bet no one even notices"

I think you might be onto something Pharmboys...miscommunication and FFG not wanting to spill all the beans up front. I think Haldir is going to be amazing if it's him.

• Pharmboys2013 likes this

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." - Bilbo Baggins, The Fellowship of the Ring

#56 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:04 PM

this happened the same with hiers of numenor. i cannot remember what was spoiled but it was taken down.

#57 Gizlivadi

Gizlivadi

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:05 PM

I'm too lazy to read the whole thread, but this just looks like it's going to be the best expansion to date (for me at least). Everything seems to be getting better; art, theme, mechanics, etc.

"A straight road lay westward, now it is bent."

#58 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:08 PM

I'm too lazy to read the whole thread, but this just looks like it's going to be the best expansion to date (for me at least). Everything seems to be getting better; art, theme, mechanics, etc.

to summarize so far for those just joining we are debating who the art spoilers are on the about page. one appears to be an elf woman, and the other, which was taken down and is now eomer, was an elf man, possibly haldir.

Edited by richsabre, 27 August 2013 - 04:09 PM.

#59 Gizlivadi

Gizlivadi

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:10 PM

to summarize so far for those just joining we are debating who the art spoilers are on the about page. one appears to be an elf woman, and the other, which was taken down and is now eomer, was an elf man, possibly haldir.

Haldir would be a good guess, and as for the elf woman I think it's either a made up hero (unlikely) or just an ally (I think this is more likely).

"A straight road lay westward, now it is bent."

#60 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:12 PM

Haldir would be a good guess, and as for the elf woman I think it's either a made up hero (unlikely) or just an ally (I think this is more likely).

possibly, though magali's masterful portrayals are usually left for heroes

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS