Voice of Isengard Discussion

• Please log in to reply
533 replies to this topic

#521 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:52 PM

Also one more think about rules…i have a new Dwafs leadership mono deck and able to cycle Sneak attack with a tome of ( I forget)  the one who cost less for every leadership hero and bring back event from discard pile. So actually this combo is crazy powerful!  Able to play 3 Sneak attack with Gandlalf in a single round is really huge advantage! in the end of the game  when your deck is small i really crazy. 

Foe example i was Able play Gandlaf 3 times in a round to KIll Mugash ( twice 4 damage) and then quest and finish the game in  1 round…… Really crazy combo…...

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#522 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:15 AM

Also one more think about rules…i have a new Dwafs leadership mono deck and able to cycle Sneak attack with a tome of ( I forget)  the one who cost less for every leadership hero and bring back event from discard pile. So actually this combo is crazy powerful!  Able to play 3 Sneak attack with Gandlalf in a single round is really huge advantage! in the end of the game  when your deck is small i really crazy. 

Foe example i was Able play Gandlaf 3 times in a round to KIll Mugash ( twice 4 damage) and then quest and finish the game in  1 round…… Really crazy combo…...

i distinctly remember you saying you would quit the game if this Tome was made because it allowed for a broken combo... ;)

• klaymen_sk and Spurries like this

#523 sparrowpisuke

sparrowpisuke

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:16 AM

Don't you think that the theoretical difficulty level (4) of "To Catch an Orc" is lower than it should be? At least playing solo...

No x,y,z,n  integers , x,y,z>0 , n>2 | x^n+y^n = z^n

Proof: My margin is very small too...

#524 Tracker1

Tracker1

• Members
  • 624 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:44 AM

Also one more think about rules…i have a new Dwafs leadership mono deck and able to cycle Sneak attack with a tome of ( i forgot name)

Just remember with the Tomb of x and the other cards like, after you play the event you retrieved from the discard pile that card goes back to the bottom of your deck. So, if you have one sneak attack in hand and none in the discard pile along with 2 tomb. You will only be able to play sneak attack twice.

Your probably playing it correct, but I made this mistake my first few games trying out the Tomb, scroll and the others.
  • Narsil0420 and Glaurung like this
'At last' said Aragorn 'Here are the tracks that we seek!'

#525 Nickpes

Nickpes

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:52 AM

Don't you think that the theoretical difficulty level (4) of "To Catch an Orc" is lower than it should be? At least playing solo...

While with my wife we won the fords of isen on firs attempt, we have mo yet managed to beat this after 7 attempts .... We won massing at osgiliath and battle of lake town much easier ...

Lord of all Noldor

A star in the night And a bearer of hope

He rides into his glorious battle alone Farewell to the valliant warlord

#526 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:47 AM

Ignore the difficulty ratings, especially if you are playing solo.
"I will not be released in the second quarter!" - Nalir the Dwarf

#527 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:56 AM

Also one more think about rules…i have a new Dwafs leadership mono deck and able to cycle Sneak attack with a tome of ( i forgot name)

Just remember with the Tomb of x and the other cards like, after you play the event you retrieved from the discard pile that card goes back to the bottom of your deck. So, if you have one sneak attack in hand and none in the discard pile along with 2 tomb. You will only be able to play sneak attack twice.
Your probably playing it correct, but I made this mistake my first few games trying out the Tomb, scroll and the others.

Dont worry my friend I do it correct. this my new deck is even better by some ways then Thorin company deck.....

#528 leptokurt

leptokurt

• Members
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:09 PM

The difficulty for To Catch an Orc depends heavily on the deck you're playing. I first encountered it with my tactics/spirit Rohan deck and won almost every game easily  - the only exceptions being when Mugash was revealed after turn 1 or 2.

I'm now playing TCaO with a lore/leadership Rohan/Loragorn deck. The scenario is much more challenging (and fun) to play. Despite losing more often I enjoy all the synergies between Grima, Isengard Messenger and Saruman.

#529 Serazu

Serazu

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:57 AM

I just finished the three quests in the box with my Beravor / Glorfindel (FoS) / Hirluin deck. Played thrice the first one (one loss and then two victories - in the second victorious game, I switched Beravor with Elrond and found it works a little better), twice the second one (a defeat and then a victory) and the third (two victories). Concerning the second one, which most people (and I concur) seem to consider the most difficult one, it's crucial to quest successfully and place a progress token --> add a time counter on the quest card in the first turn. That third counter makes a world of difference between failure and success. Other than that, it's certainly luck based; if Mugash is revealed early on, things will be worse than tough. I found the most important Outlands ally vs these quests not to be the Herdsman (as was the case in the HoN), but the Swordsman. The more the better. Fun quests, to be sure.

Edited by Serazu, 29 March 2014 - 09:58 AM.

#530 Narsil0420

Narsil0420

• Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:00 AM

The difficulty for To Catch an Orc depends heavily on the deck you're playing. I first encountered it with my tactics/spirit Rohan deck and won almost every game easily  - the only exceptions being when Mugash was revealed after turn 1 or 2.

I'm now playing TCaO with a lore/leadership Rohan/Loragorn deck. The scenario is much more challenging (and fun) to play. Despite losing more often I enjoy all the synergies between Grima, Isengard Messenger and Saruman.

Who's your third hero? I came to Sam being the best partner to create The Doom Deck.  And at this point it kind of feels like there's really only one way of doing this deck which makes it kind of boring...

#531 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:51 PM

Spent the weekend revisiting the box and I still feel the first two adventures are pretty good.  The third is disappoint though.

#532 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:41 PM

Spent the weekend revisiting the box and I still feel the first two adventures are pretty good.  The third is disappoint though.

Same here. I really like idea if Hourn but most of the time is very easy to past it and win in maximum 3 rounds. But if Mugash will run to the forest (is happen with me once) then the game getting brutal…….. You need to find him, go deep and deep in the the Fangorn and things getting really grim.

#533 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:20 PM

Same here. I really like idea if Hourn but most of the time is very easy to past it and win in maximum 3 rounds. But if Mugash will run to the forest (is happen with me once) then the game getting brutal…….. You need to find him, go deep and deep in the the Fangorn and things getting really grim.
If you LET Mugash run into Fangorn and don't try to catch him it is actually pretty easy. But if you try to catch him and fail then it's a problem.

#534 leptokurt

leptokurt

• Members
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:38 AM

Who's your third hero? I came to Sam being the best partner to create The Doom Deck.  And at this point it kind of feels like there's really only one way of doing this deck which makes it kind of boring...

It's Sam, lol.

Buuuut that's mainly because of the scenario's structure. Like it has been said already, if you don't quest successfully, you're toast. However,  I plan to try out a mono lore deck with Mirlonde or Pippin in the future. Or I'm going to change my current Hobbit deck (Spirit Pippin / Frodo / Merry) by switching Merry with Grima.

• Narsil0420 likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS