• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cipheron

Cipheron

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:49 AM

hi folks,

a questioned occured during our last play session of the quest "reclamation" from labyrinth of ruin. durik got the sun standard in the 2nd encounter. his wolf-pet later defeated a monster.

question:

if a hero bearing the sun standard defeats a monster "with" his pet ant not  "by himself", do the heroes` then get a counter as if the hero defeated that particular monster himself ???

it seems to me that it is necessary that the hero himself deals the "death blow" for getting a counter. any suggestions???

greetz cipheron.

#2 Radish

Radish

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:38 AM

I would agree that since familiars and heroes are considered seperate figures in every sense that unless the wording in the quest book says "player" (I recently played it so I believe it says Hero) the Hero him or herself must deal the deathblow with the standard.

Edited by Radish, 27 August 2013 - 06:38 AM.

• Kunzite likes this

#3 Cipheron

Cipheron

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:43 AM

I would agree that since familiars and heroes are considered seperate figures in every sense that unless the wording in the quest book says "player" (I recently played it so I believe it says Hero) the Hero him or herself must deal the deathblow with the standard.

thx. exactly my opinion :D

#4 Steve-O

Steve-O

• Members
  • 4,413 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:39 PM

Yes, the hero himself has to defeat the monster in order for it to count as the hero defeating the monster.  Do note, however, that in some cases a class skill will allow the hero to make an attack through his familiar.  These attacks still count as the hero making an attack, but they often originate from the space occupied by his familiar.

I don't know if the Beastmaster has any such skills, but the Necromancer and Geomancer both do, IIRC.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS