Future Inquisitor

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 gryfter81

gryfter81

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:44 PM

I apologize if this is in the wrong place. I have the Dark Heresy Core book coming soon and I plan on getting the Ascension book eventually. I would like to start out at the very beginning and eventually make it up to the rank of Inquisitor through Ascension. The question I have is can any class from Dark Heresy Core go the route of Inquisitor once I hit Ascension point (rank 8?)

#2 Jargal

Jargal

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:41 PM

Tech-Priest can't, all others can.

#3 BrotherKane

BrotherKane

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:15 AM

As Jargal says, but remember that a character is supposed to go into Interrogator before Inquisitor, and there are certain classes that make more sense.

I would argue, for example, that a guardsman or most assassins probably won't have the skills to make a good Inquisitor as the careers focus too much on fighting and not enough on interrogation/interaction.  But if you know you are aiming for it you can probably work towards it more effectively.

#4 Jargal

Jargal

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:36 AM

Well, Tech-Priest can't become Interrogator, all others can ;)

#5 gryfter81

gryfter81

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:11 AM

Thanks so much for the quick replies! Are the interrogators introduced in Ascension?

#6 KommissarK

KommissarK

• Members
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:45 AM

Yeah, Interrogator is another Ascension class. They're essentially jack-of-all trades types.

#7 gryfter81

gryfter81

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:42 AM

Awesome. I appreciate the responses. One last question. Has anyone tried running an acolyte  with a deathwatch team? I know I'd be seriously underpowered compared to the marines but I think it would be fun. Does anyone have any experience with this?

#8 Jargal

Jargal

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:27 PM

It's hard work to GM - but it's quite real. I have a DW kill-team sometimes working alongside my players acolytes group.

#9 gryfter81

gryfter81

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:39 PM

Thanks so much for the replies. Its very much appreciated.

#10 Magnus Grendel

Magnus Grendel

The Empire Needs You!

• Members
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:27 AM

Awesome. I appreciate the responses. One last question. Has anyone tried running an acolyte  with a deathwatch team? I know I'd be seriously underpowered compared to the marines but I think it would be fun. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Yes. Scimitar Squad's roster includes a permenantly seconded inquisitorial liason - in this case a Sororitas Palatine who reports to Inquisitor Ghraille.

Deathwatch is inherently a 'fighty' game, so pick carefully but an appropriately equipped inquisitor, storm trooper, battle sister or assassin can definitely hold their own with marines.

The palatine in fact tends to pull her weight a damn sight more than some of the astartes - being (a) significantly better at leading any seconded PDF/Guard units they requisition, and (b) a complete pyromaniac who is rather good at setting fire to hordes whilst giggling like a nutter.

Equally, if you have an ascension-level inquisitorial cell, a single Deathwatch marine is not unheard of. There's a Deathwatch speciality called a Kill-Marine - essentially a one-man kill team assigned to Inquisitorial teams as heavy back-up, bodyguard, and general all-round troubleshooter; much like Artemis was in the original Inquisitor game.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS