Photo

From miniatures to bigatures - capital ships and X-Wing Bigatures.

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 MajorJuggler

MajorJuggler

• Members
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:51 PM

Hell, the Star Destroyers and Mon Cal cruisers might be pulling the trailers...

I can just see a 60ft super-jumbo RV retrofitted to look like the Executor...

... and it still wouldn't be at the correct scale! That would still only be 1039:1!

#22 UnfairBanana

UnfairBanana

• Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:05 PM

Where would you play the game, then? The parking lot?

Rebels: 4 X-Wings, 2 Y- Wings, 2 A-Wings, 2 B-wings, 1 HWK-290, 1 YT-1300, 1 GR-75 Space whale, 1 CR-90 Corvette

Empire: 5 TIE/LN, 4 TIE Interceptors(1 Guard, 2 Saber, 1 Standard), 2 TIE Bombers, 1 TIE Advanced, 1 Firespray, 1 Lambda

#23 LeoHowler

LeoHowler

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:25 AM

I'd be so afraid of things blowing away in the wind if you played this outside. So much cardboard and paper in this game, not to mention the minis are pretty light...

That said, I'm sure there has to be a point where they draw the line for epic ships. They already scaled down the Blockade Runner and the Transport from 1/270, so they would obviously do the same for other ships. Perhaps the Victory Star Destroyer would be somewhat more realistic as opposed to an Imperial Class? It's still six times longer than the CR90, but still something we can conceivably put on the gaming table every once in a blue moon.

Victory_size.jpg

~Remember Alderaan~

Alliance Fleet: 4 X-Wings, 3 Y-Wings, 3 A-Wings, 2 B-Wings, 2 HWK-290, 2 YT-1300, 1 GR-75

Imperial Navy: 5 TIE Fighters, 1 TIE Bomber, 2 TIE Interceptors, 1 TIE Advance x1, 1 Lambda Class Shuttle, 2 Firespray 31

#24 ErrantKknight

ErrantKknight

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:36 AM

I really can't see any of the med-large capital ships making in into x-wing. As stated even the Vic is 6 times bigger then the CR90. That would put it at about 6 ft. Even if they shrink it down more I really can't see it being anywhere close to cost worthy.

However the Carrak and the Lancer I could see making it to the table.

4 A-wings, 2 B-wings, 3 X-wings, 2 Y-wing, 2 YT 1300, 1 HWK 290,

8 Tie Fighters, 2 Tie Interceptors, 2 Tie Advanced, 3 Tie Bombers, 2 Firesprays, 2 Lambda Shuffle

#25 commuterzombie

commuterzombie

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:58 AM

I think that with the CR-90 FFG are pushing what can fit in the X-wing game - something they've implicitly conceded by revising the scale.

Given what people are doing with the system behind X-wing at the moment (Attack Wing, Sails of Glory) I really wouldn't be surprised if we got a capital ships game (Star Wars: Star Destroyer) with ships the size of the Nebulon B Frigate scaled to small ships, ISDs/Mon Cals as 'large' ships and the Executor/SSD scaled to match the CR-90 size in X-wing. That would be pretty Epic! (sorry) 

• Darthfish likes this

#26 Ravncat

Ravncat

• Members
  • 619 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:40 AM

I could see a roll out mat with a 6 foot victory class star destroyer...

#27 DarkmanSW

DarkmanSW

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:16 AM

always the same discussion. I wrote last year before wave 3 was announced that the german distributor and translator hinted that falcon and slave I won't be the largest ships and the new ships won't be a part of the wave 3. they will have an exclusive release. Many people in this forum didn't believe and answered x-wing will always be a small and medium ship game.

Well they were totally wrong.

Now 1 year later we see the first big ships coming. FFG hinted in an interview that they had to find a relative scale ( feels good scale) in which they can release many more big ships. ( like star destroyers and the executor).

The german source already hinted some weeks ago that many huge ships are coming.
I'm pretty sure we see the ISD coming next in a relative scale.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS