Fettigator

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#41 hothie

hothie

• Members
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:25 AM

I'm looking at fett with nav, expert handling, engine, and Backstabber with 3aps. I may run that a few times and see what I think.
The thread for my Let em Fly campaign. Always looking for military overseas addresses to send packages to.

http://community.fan...ort-our-troops/

#42 Greatjawa

Greatjawa

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:59 PM

So, We'll see you this Sunday.  I've been perfecting my Kyle/Lando combo.  So, we'll see how it goes.

#43 Chrome

Chrome

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:45 AM

I'm just not a HLC on a firespray kind of thinker. I use my rear arcs often, usually more than my front arc. I just don't think the way you need to think in order to run a HLC on a firespray.

Hothie and I talked about this after our match on Saturday and I agreed. I run a lot of two Firespray squads and I've decided that HLC just isn't worth the cost most of the time. I only get to use it once or twice a game b/c a lot of the time I've got a shot out the rear arc which means there's really no reason to do a K-turn to get them back in the HLC's arc.

The exception is when I'm flying Krassis, b/c of his ability.

#44 TheKestrel

TheKestrel

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:54 PM

I've been reaching the same conclusion. A large ship just covers ground too quickly. The most HLC shots I've ever gotten off in a single game was 3, but the benefit of one of those was probably nil versus the K-turn I did to do it.

Even with Krassis, I'm leaning towards just packing a nice torpedo and calling it a day.

#45 KineticOperator

KineticOperator

• Members
  • 782 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:03 PM

Watching the latter part of your games, Hothie, I had the impression that Fettigator was treating you well but the lost points on the Shuttle put him at too great a disadvantage.  I have yet to see a shuttle that earned it's points on the table.  I do like HLC on Firesprays, but only if you present a valid alternative to entice your opponent to chase something else.  Most of the time when I see an HLC Firespray, the supporting ships are either too weak or too scattered to entice the opponent to do anything other than chase the Firespray.

Unfortunately, the Firespray costs so many points (especially with an HLC onboard) that it is very difficult to field a super-dangerous supporting crew.  Maybe Backstabber, Howlrunner, and something else, with a Proton Bomb on Fett?  I find that people are far more reluctant to turn their backs on Backstabber than his +1 Attack really calls for, and the Bomb should discourage people from chasing Fett.

Just some initial thoughts, not fully thought out yet.

Edited by KineticOperator, 24 September 2013 - 01:05 PM.

#46 galonso

galonso

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:25 AM

So, after going 0-3 yesterday in Omaha, I am officially giving up on the Shuttle, and I think with it, Fettigator. Fetigator is feast or famine with me, either his abilities win me the game, or they cost me the game in that I don't get good attacks off with him. And that is far too much of a swing for me to keep running him consistently.

I concur.

#47 Galactic Funk

Galactic Funk

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:26 AM

I've put a list together for my 8 year old to try out but I am anxious to try it myself. Hoping to get some feedback.

53 Boba Fett + Slave 1 + Advanced Proton Torps + Recon Spec + Deadeye + Shield Upgrade
47 Krassis Trelix + Heavy Laser Cannons + Shield Upgrade

Or for 1 point less drop the Shield Upgrade from Trelix and put Vader on board.

I'm guessing giving up the crazy manueverability for Boba isn't going to be as popular for some peoples taste. I also see that the HLC's aren't hugely popular on the Firesprays given the recent conversation. Does this one have much potential?

#48 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:20 AM

Based on only having one APT, I might give up deadeye, both shield upgrades and recon in favor of PtL and a gunner on Boba and VI and Saboteur on Kath, but that is just me, the squad as is will probably do well enough :-)

To every man upon this Earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods?
(Horatius: Captain of the Gate)

#49 Galactic Funk

Galactic Funk

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:18 PM

Hmmm. I think I may have misunderstood the gunner upgrade cards.

Does Gunner trigger after modifying dice results? I was thinking that it was used if you rolled all blanks or all eyeballs without any focus tokens; now I'm thinking that is wrong.

#50 Chrome

Chrome

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:28 PM

You don't "hit" or "miss" until after all of the dice have been modified and you see your final results.

#51 Eruletho

Eruletho

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:37 PM

Hmmm. I think I may have misunderstood the gunner upgrade cards.

Does Gunner trigger after modifying dice results? I was thinking that it was used if you rolled all blanks or all eyeballs without any focus tokens; now I'm thinking that is wrong.

Nope. You completely resolve the first attack, all the way through spending tokens and removing shields/dealing damage cards. When the attack is complete, Gunner checks if shields have been removed or damage cards have been dealt. If yes, then the ship's turn is over. If not, then Gunner triggers and gives you a new attack.

#52 TheKestrel

TheKestrel

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:35 PM

Thus adding a cat-and-mouse meta-game: often the best thing for you to do when being attacked by a ship with Gunner is take 1 point (and 1 point only) of damage from the initial attack, if possible.

#53 Galactic Funk

Galactic Funk

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:39 AM

Based on only having one APT, I might give up deadeye, both shield upgrades and recon in favor of PtL and a gunner on Boba and VI and Saboteur on Kath, but that is just me, the squad as is will probably do well enough :-)

Well after figuring out how gunner works I took much of your advice for my sons list. It ended up something like this:

Boba Fett + Gunner + Shield Upgrade + PTL

Kath Scarlett + Gunner + Shield Upgrade + VI

I added the Shield Upgrades for my son because he is 8 and because he doesn't always do the best w/ figuring out how to use bombs/torps/missiles in game given what is usually a multi-step process. So for him a little added defense lets him fly in and blast away a little more.

He lost to a much more experienced player who was running 2 Bounty Hunters and Howl Runner, he won easily against a Lambda and Bomber that were loaded up then he lost to me and my Lando and Ibtisam list (which I wouldn't run again). He should have beat me but his skill at piloting his ships cost him the game. I was down to just 2 hull left on Lando and should have gone down.
  • Jfitz1431 likes this

#54 macar

macar

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:24 AM

Since talk about the shuttle is here I wanted to throw in what I was running this weekend and what your thoughts are on it.

Howlrunner

-Elusiveness

Captain Yorr

-Vader

-Gunner

Academy Pilot x4

100 pts

Micro Swarm with Yorr/Vader to boot

2013 Regional Winner:

2013 Top 16 at Nationals (US)

2014 Store Championship Winner-Game Preserve Fashion Mall

2014 Ohio State Regional Winner-Epic Loot & Games

#55 hothie

hothie

• Members
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:20 AM

Since talk about the shuttle is here I wanted to throw in what I was running this weekend and what your thoughts are on it.

Howlrunner

-Elusiveness

Captain Yorr

-Vader

-Gunner

Academy Pilot x4

100 pts

I would say take Elusiveness off of Howl and put on either swarm tactics or Squad Leader. And this might work if you use the AP's to block Yorr and keep him more stationary to get more shots off. That's how I'm flying mine in the vassal tournament, and even though I'm 0-5 IRL with my Fettigator and Yorr combo, I'm 2-0 in the vassal tournament with it.

The thread for my Let em Fly campaign. Always looking for military overseas addresses to send packages to.

#56 macar

macar

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:05 AM

Howlrunner

-Elusiveness

Captain Yorr

-Vader

-Gunner

Academy Pilot x4

100 pts

I would say take Elusiveness off of Howl and put on either swarm tactics or Squad Leader. And this might work if you use the AP's to block Yorr and keep him more stationary to get more shots off. That's how I'm flying mine in the vassal tournament, and even though I'm 0-5 IRL with my Fettigator and Yorr combo, I'm 2-0 in the vassal tournament with it.

I'll have to try that out, however using elusinvess with Yorr has so far proved to be life saving. 

2013 Regional Winner:

2013 Top 16 at Nationals (US)

2014 Store Championship Winner-Game Preserve Fashion Mall

2014 Ohio State Regional Winner-Epic Loot & Games

#57 Picasso

Picasso

• Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:39 PM

I need to learn to play on vassal

#58 swampthing

swampthing

• Members
  • 397 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:00 PM

Since talk about the shuttle is here I wanted to throw in what I was running this weekend and what your thoughts are on it.  Howlrunner-Elusiveness Captain Yorr-Vader-Gunner Academy Pilot x4 100 pts Micro Swarm with Yorr/Vader to boot

I see what your suggesting hothie but if I might chip in.

To both hothie and macar if your dropping elusiveness then no need for yorr.
Might as well drop to a basic shuttle and free up some points

Just throwing ideas.

#59 hothie

hothie

• Members
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:15 PM

Since talk about the shuttle is here I wanted to throw in what I was running this weekend and what your thoughts are on it.  Howlrunner-Elusiveness Captain Yorr-Vader-Gunner Academy Pilot x4 100 pts Micro Swarm with Yorr/Vader to boot

I see what your suggesting hothie but if I might chip in.

To both hothie and macar if your dropping elusiveness then no need for yorr.
Might as well drop to a basic shuttle and free up some points

Just throwing ideas.

With 5 TIEs on the board? I disagree. 3 of them can K-turn, pass the stress of to yorr, and still take their actions. It acts as a sort of Adrenaline Rush for ships without an EPT slot. That can be a big difference.

#60 swampthing

swampthing

• Members
  • 397 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:10 AM

My mistake, I often miss the subtler combo

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS