• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jgt7771

jgt7771

Saving the world from cosmic evil since 2006

• Members
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:53 PM

I can't seem to defeat the Dark Pharaoh; usually I just run out of steam at the end. Anyone suggest w good team of 4 (and maybe the best Allies)?
What was that noise?

#2 xfoley8

xfoley8

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:37 PM

I can't say which investigators work best as I haven't tracked my successes with that much detail, but I have managed to make it to the pre-final battle with the Pharaoh about 7 times (out of about 9 times played) with 4 investigators, with 3 solid wins (taking out whatever he happened to morph into).  I have found the ally that allows you to ignore terror effects and the daily lock is probably most useful, as well as the one that lets you add the red die and the other that allows you one reroll (like a clue).

My advice is keep your allies alive, and make sure you go into the final battle with as many trophies as you can muster for all your characters to use on them for both battles.  Keep in mind that items get locked, but what the items give you are not, so allies can always help if you have the trophies to use them.

Jenny Barnes is the most powerful investigator.  Having her in your party is almost always a benefit.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS