#101 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,448 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 12:09 PM

Nice game! Short, yet tense! Some notes:

- loved the cultists ganing up! 9 is crazy :D

- out of curiosity: did you remember every time you fail an Horror check in Arkham to deal that investigator also the combat damage of the monster, right? It seems like you didn't have an infernal time sweeping streats around. Plus, monsters now can potentially trigger a lot of devourings.

- don't worry too much for the 2 rolled: Agnes' devouring means +3 doom and +6 terror, which basically is game over anyway (I know it's bad, but it was designed so that players would avoid exploiting the "let's kill Agnes immediately before doom 4 so that cultists are not a problem")

- indeed, the AO is great. Still, could be somehow frustrating, but having Norman is rather a huge plus. If you're quick enough, you can use his Find Gate a lot and save you from many rounds of delay

- loved the starting whiskey cabaret :D

Hope you had a great time trying! Next time you'll pass it!

• eagermind likes this
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#102 eagermind

eagermind

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:35 PM

Thanks Julia :-)

- out of curiosity: did you remember every time you fail an Horror check in Arkham to deal that investigator also the combat damage of the monster, right? It seems like you didn't have an infernal time sweeping streats around. Plus, monsters now can potentially trigger a lot of devourings.

Yes. It was mostly Gloria with a Tommy gun doing the dirty fighting in Arkham . Her will was pretty high nearly all time, at  3 or 4. As far as I remember she only failed against the Wraith. Apart from the moonbeast and wraith, she encountered mostly easy monsters like Tcho-tcho priest, zombies, Byakhees....I got also lucky after closing gates some tough monsters went back to the cup. But Norman should have been devoured by a Dark Young after sealing the gate at Devil's Reef. Anyway it is good that I retry.  

I think I am going to replace Leo for Sister Mary. I have just realized that she can pass a gate trophy to the next scenario. That is a free blessing.  I know she'll be back sooner or later, so why not play with her now and try to get something good to pass over next scenario. 

Anyway I had fun trying and I am looking forward to play it again soon.

• Avi_dreader likes this

“From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.” 
― H.P. LovecraftTales of H. P. Lovecraft

#103 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,448 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 06:51 PM

Yeah, you know, there's certainly something about Mary. Indeed, the gate trophy to be carried over is awesome. Not only for the free blessing, but also because you can actually kill the odds of drawing the wrong gate (I played the league with Lurker gates in, so, you know, that darn -4 double gate... :D)

Right, the tommy gun. Indeed, you can lower Fight with a tommy gun. Gloria's amazing in this scenario, especially as OW travellers, considering the effects of the AO.

Good luck with the next try!

• eagermind likes this
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#104 Avi_dreader

Avi_dreader

Evil Rules Lawyer From Hell

• Members
  • 5,576 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 10:19 AM

I think I am going to replace Leo for Sister Mary. I have just realized that she can pass a gate trophy to the next scenario. That is a free blessing.  I know she'll be back sooner or later, so why not play with her now and try to get something good to pass over next scenario.

::Laughter::

It's funny I got an FFG notification today, I was just thinking about how the Lurker at the Threshold's probably responsible for distributing credit cards earlier this morning.

Anyway, better luck (and fight, and will) next time.  I'm glad that you enjoyed it.

• Julia and eagermind like this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS