Surviving Avi's Fan League :-)

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#21 eagermind

eagermind

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

Scenario 8 completed. It was fun…. I played with Joe, Michael, Jenny, Roland & Finn. On the set up I did not get anything worth of mention, apart from Jenny who got the always useful press pass, and no extra weapons apart from fixed possessions. All 4 monster trophies from last scenario are in Michael’s possession.

Jenny starts with 2 corruptions (black creeping doom & black nightmarish visions). The first mythos card opens a gate at the Witch House releasing a Moon beast which moves to the French hill streets

. On Turn 1 Michael takes care of it with dynamite and this way he passes his PS. Joe rushes to the woods and as soon he picks up the two clues a gate opens on top of him :-I. Roland bumps into Erica Carlyle in Hibbs roadhouse and gets a retainer. Meanwhile Jenny & Finn decide to go shopping at the Curiosity shop but they only find mediocre stuff. On Mythos a monster surge occurs in the Witch house releasing some nasty monsters.

On turn 2 Roland goes to the the black cave to get another clue. It turns to be another luring trap when another gate opens on him waking up on another Time with only 4 clues :-(. Finn kills a maniac on the French Hill streets where Michael was and gives him the Understudy’s script who gives it to Jenny afterwards when they meet up at the curiosity shop This time they buy some fancy magic weapons.  The mythos turns to be “The Endlessly Breeding” rumor moving all the monsters and activating Jenny corruptions. This way she gains 3 clues (thanks to press pass) and loses two sanity. 5 doomers already on turn 2. Now all monsters could move twice or four times in case of the Rat-things, but since only Joe or Roland has enough money left, I will have to wait to pass it.

On turn 3 Michael goes to Dunwich in order to gather clues there, Jenny reads the Understudy’s script and gets 3 more clues and tries her luck once more at the curiosity shop and this time she gets a precious Elder sign J. Finn does what he does best and sneaks the monsters in the streets ending up in the graveyard where he finds a clue. On the other world Joe meets the haunter of the dark who rewards him with 2 clues after draining some of his stamina. Mythos opens a gate at Independence square and the rat-thing due to some “Fires in the Night”  environment moves to the Woods waiting patiently  for Joe to come back from the other world on the next turn.

On turn 4 Finn kills a proto-shoggoth in northside streets getting pretty wounded, so Jenny has her path to independence square clear and this way she goes to Another time giving the elder sign to Finn.  Jenny is allowed to come back to Arkham after a lucky encounter there. At the same time Roland gains 3 clue tokens also in another time and so he passes his PS. Joe seals the gate at the Woods and Michael continues gathering clues in Dunwich. Mythos opens a gate to the Dreamlands in Devil Reef. 7 doomers.

On turn 5 Joe faces the Rat-thing. He needs 5 successes in 9 dice…come on Joe you can do it!...he rolls only 3 successes..I decide to use his 2 clue tokens and yes the Rat-thing  is defeated and goes back to the Unnamable..Yeah!.  Finn evades a Flying polyp and enters the gate at the Witch House. Jenny & Roland seal their gates at Ind.Square and Black cave. Gate appears at Unnamable and Jenny’s corruptions get activated again make her loose two more sanity and gaining 3 clues.

On turn 6 Michael, Roland and Jenny continue to gather clues . Joes ends up insane after trying to beat a vampire in the Merchant district streets. Mythos opens a gate to Celeano at the Unvisited Isle with a Cultist-Rat-thing…Jenny gets two more corruptions and Michael gets a red one, which at the same time gets activated forcing him to get another green one.

Turn 7 : Roland has enough clues to seal a gate and taking advantage that there are two Celeano gates opened at this moment , he dives into the one at the Witch House and Finn comes out through the one at the Unvisited Isle. He seals the gate there with the Elder sign and gets insane.  Joe gets his revenge on the vampire clearing the way to the River docks and gives money to Jenny so she can pay $10 and pass the annoying Rumor. the streets are somehow “safe” again and everybody gets a monster trophy.  The next mythos is another rumour…ouch…the virulent disease... The rat-things corner Joe at the Merchant districts and two doom tokens are added to the doom track which goes to 10 doomers . There are only 4 seals and possible another one in two turns (Roland)… Time is running out. There are only two gates opened: one heavily guarded by two rat-things at the Unnamable and the other one at Devil’s Reef. Due to Ancient one’s ability and corruptions… Jenny & Michael get insane and end up at the Asylum together with Finn who fails his PS.

Turn 8 the two Rat-things take their revenge on Joe. He has no option of winning this time. He discards his gun and goes to the Asylum again with another madness card and a Corruption. Michael hijacks Jenny’s motorcycle and steals some money from Jenny/Finn in order to get to Devil’s Reef as soon as possible. The others try to go direction to the hospital in order to overcome the virulent disease. Michael reaches devil reef and goes to the Dreamlands where he founds some ghouls that show him a secret tunnel that brings him back to Arkham losing one sanity. That was luck.   Mythos shows a gate to unvisited Isle which is sealed J.

On Turn 9  Michael & Roland sealed the 2 remaining gates at Witch House & Devil Reef.

10 doomers.Terror level 3.

Corruptions : Jenny 4 /Michael 2/ Joe 1. There were only 2 green corruptions left on the pile

Monster trophies : 15 monster trophies. I pass to next scenario- Moon beast, Hunting Horrror, Flying Polyp and Shoggoth.

I think this was my favorite (so far) scenario from this segment :-)

Edited by eagermind, 29 October 2013 - 04:54 PM.

• Julia likes this

“From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.” 
― H.P. LovecraftTales of H. P. Lovecraft

#22 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,214 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:06 PM

Wow, that's a close call :) Poor Joe overwhelmed by the Rat Horde :D Well played my friend, the 7 doomers on turn 4 were quite scary! And glad you liked the Scenario :)

• eagermind likes this
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#23 Avi_dreader

Avi_dreader

Evil Rules Lawyer From Hell

• Members
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:50 AM

Another scenario bites the dust :')  Personally, I like the first segment better than the second, in general.  Although my feelings about it change a bit for hard mode, since some of the second segment stuff become more distinct.

#24 eagermind

eagermind

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:06 AM

Finally I got time to play Scenario 9

Michael, Marie, Roland,Jenny & Joe against the worms.

Starting items:

Michael: dynamite, Tommy gun, staff of pharaoh, +1 speed and 4 monster trophies

Marie: enchanted knife, voice of ra, call the storm, Markings of Isis and +1 Fight

Roland: Press pass , Camilla’s Ruby, Professor Armitage and Bravery

Jenny: Cross, Calvary Saber, Key of Tawil, Call of Azure flame and Stealth

Joe: 45 automatic, dynamite , whiskey and +1 sneak

First mythos opens a gate at the Witch House releasing a Cthonian.

1st Turn:  Jenny goes shopping to Curiosity shop getting a Yithian rifle and Marie to the Magic shop and buys an Astral travel. I think Joe is the best fitted to deal with the elusive cultists since he has the highest sneak , so he goes ahead and disposes of the first one at the Rivertown streets. Roland gets two clues at the Black Cave + one extra (Press pass) and passes his PS and is ready to go to through a gate. Michael gets clue at Historical society.  Mythos: Gate at Order of Dagon.  The Cthonian moves and everybody lose 2 stamina.

2nd Turn: Marie passes her PS after buying  a pyrotechnic spell, Jenny continues shopping buying another magical weapon. Roland evades the Cthonian and goes to Yuggoth where he gets delayed. Michael continues gathering clues and Joe gets rid of the cultist at the French hill streets and dynamites the Cthonian using some of his clues. Mythos:  Noden’s Favor-  Monster surge at the WitchHouse. The River docks are demolished.  No cultist or Cthonians/Lloigors  this time, but a Yithian and a Fire vampire move to the French hill streets with Joe.

3rd Turn: Jenny meets Anna Kaslow at Independence Sq. who joins her investigation. Joe evades both Fire Vampire& Yithian and goes to Miskatonic to kill the 3rd cultist using his last clue. Afterwards he has an exhibit encounter getting and useful Mask of the Messenger increasing the terror level at the same time. Michael kills both Yithian&Fire Vampire and passes his PS. Marie gets the clue in the Science building. Mythos:  Another Monsters surge this time at Esoteric order of Dagon. The Administration building crumbles to dust . 2 Lloigors  emerge at the Order of dagon  and they move.  But fortunately nobody gets injured. The rails are washed out due to so much earth shaking and nobody can’t travel out of Arkham by train.

4th Turn: Jenny tips some bartenders in Hibbs Roadhouse and gets some more clues bringing her up to 6. Marie gathers her 4th clue at the Unamable. Joe puts his Mask of the messenger to sneak past the last cultist and stabs him in the heart…so no more cultists for now. Michael kills the byakhee who was at the French hill streets. Mythos:  Gate to the Dreamlands at the Woods. All is quiet in Arkham and everybody test if they are lucky and this way  Joe, Jenny and Roland get blessed J.

5th Turn: Joe goes to Curiosity shop and buys a Silver Key. Michael gets another clue at Historical society. Roland seals the gate at the witch House. Then  Jenny discards her key of Tawil to travel to the first area of Another Dimension. At the same time Marie casts Astral travel and appears at the first area of the dreamlands.  Mythos:  Gate at the Unnamable. A yithian goes through a vortex in Insmouth  adding a deep one token  and terror track goes from one to two.

6th Turn: The rails are still damaged, so people are still stuck in Arkham.  A weaponless Roland evades a Tcho-tcho  and Dark young at the Witch House waiting for a blessed Joe to deal with them. Joe gives then the Silver key to Roland.  He kills the tcho-tcho and gets rewarded with a carbine rifle  which he uses to easily defeat the Dark Young. Michael goes to the Science building and exchanges some monster trophies for 2 clues that bring him to 5 clues. Meanwhile the female team continues exploring other worlds. Mythos: Another monster surge this time at the Unnamable.  An earthquake destroys The newspaper and some tough monsters appear at the Unnamable.

7th Turn: Jenny & Marie seal gates at the Order of Dagon & Woods respectively and the Lloigors are removed from the board. Roland goes to the graveyard and he finds a lantern and some clues. Joe and Michael team up and kill 3 monsters at the Merchant district streets. Mythos:  Another monster surge at the Unnamable which is actually the only open gate.  Velma’s  dinner explodes  with Velma inside.  5 monsters  (a Cthonian between them) joining the other 2 there.  7 monsters guarding the Unnamable and Three of them move to the Merchant district streets threatening Michael and Joe. Finally the environment is replaced and travel between towns is functioning again. Gates cannot be sealed due to the new environment.

8th Turn: Joe goes first and tries to clear the merchant district streets, but he is so fatigued and strained from the last combats that his will cannot take it anymore and gets insane. So it is up to Michael which unfortunately cannot kill/evade 7  monsters in order to get through the gate at the Unnamable. So he stays at the merchant districts and kills the 3 monsters there. One of them is Barnabas Marsh so one doom token is removed. There are only 3 doomers on turn 8… totally opposite as my last game. Roland loses his blessing and goes to the black cave to collect clues. He has 6 now. Jenny manages to kill two Dark young at the Order of Dagon and she is rewarded with two clues from the priests. Mary is not that lucky and the Dark young nearly eats her at the woods and she is sent  to the hospital. Mythos:  Gate at the Unvisited Isle.  The environment is replaced by another one- Dark young gets extra toughness. A skeleton emerges from the gate at the Unvisited isle and moves towards Michael.

9th Turn: Joe&Jenny are still blessed. Jenny goes to Bus station in Insmmouth and deals with the Deep one there. Joe this time cannot fail. He rushes to the merchant district and shoots the skeleton, then Michael can go through the gate at Unvisited Isle (better than The Unnamable which is guarded by  4 tough monsters). Roland goes to Asylum to get some sanity back. Marie goes to Science building and exchanges her gate trophy for two clues bringing her to 5. Mythos:  Gate at Independence Sq.  The Cthonian at the Unnamable finally moves together with a Dark cultist  and poor  Joe is surrounded again and his stamina drops to dangerous levels. Jenny gets caught by the earth shaking and wakes up in the hospital with an Injury.

10th Turn: Joe miraculously kills both the Cthonian& Dark druid at the Merchant district. Marie passes Joe by and gets his crystal of elder things and goes to Unnamable.  She conjures a powerful storm and unleashes all her raw power at the Unnamable without giving any chance to the Shoggoth & gnoph-kehn guarding the gate. She is  down to 1 stamina but there is not time to lose; she gets through the gate to Celeano. Roland evades a Colour out of space in Independence Sq. and gets through the gate to Another time.  So now there are 3 investigators in the other worlds. Hopefully they can seal 3 gates in two turns. Mythos: Another monster surge at the Unnamable…seriously?!… the Library and its profane books are destroyed  by an earthquake. Another Cthonian emerges at the Unamable but it does not move this time, but a Shoggoth and a Proto-Shoggoth do and poor Joe is in deep **** again.

11th Turn: Michael fails his check to seal the Unvisited Isle. Jenny comes to rescue Joe and nukes the Shoggoth family, then Joe can go to the South church to bless Marie who is still in the other world as it is Roland. Mythos:  Another monster surge at the Unnamable….What the hell?!  The earth starts shaking again. Joe grabs Father Michael by the arm trying to save him but a huge cross falls from the ceiling crushing him. As the South church starts collapsing, Joe rushes through the main door and barely makes it alive. Well there is only one rubble token left. There are 2 cultist among the monster that surged but they do not move. The cthonian at the Unnamable also stays put.  Only a monster moving which is a another Shoggoth for Jenny.

12th Turn:  Jenny, the Shoggoth whacker kills another Shoggoth with her collection of magical weapons. Then Michael, Roland and Marie seal the 3 remaining gates…achieving a victory by seals. Worth noting it is at the same time a victory by closing gates , since there are no gates left open and investigators have all together 5 gate trophies  J.

5 doomers (6 monster surges – 4 of them at the Unnamable).

Terror track : 2

Monster trophies : 17 . I keep Moonbeast, Shoggoth, Gug & Flying Polyp.

Edited by eagermind, 22 November 2013 - 10:08 AM.

#25 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,214 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:31 AM

Man, 6 monster surges is crazy! You've been so close to losing by Earthquake (thematically great, but still, probably not so exciting from your PoV)! Happy you passed the Scenario (not so difficult, right?)! Great monster trophies to carry over :)

Liked the double Lloigor at Dagon's :)

Good luck with the next one :)

• eagermind likes this
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]

#26 eagermind

eagermind

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:01 AM

Thanks Julia for following my steps :-)

I did not find the scenario that difficult, but It was fun ride because It was thematically great.  The rails were washed out, the earth was shaking... I did feel the thread of the earthquakes. Somehow  I like to think that a shudde Mell game without surges is not exciting :-). .

As I matter of fact I checked the next 5 mythos cards after winning the scenario and they were opening gates at  5 different places, so I do not think I would have lost due to Earthquake.

Cheers

Enric

#27 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,214 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:17 AM

:laughter: yeah, *another* surge wasn't that likely to happen, but you know, the board listens...

Great that the theme of the Scenario was strong :) Hope you'll like also the remaining three in this segment :)

#28 Avi_dreader

Avi_dreader

• Members
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:52 AM

Thanks Julia for following my steps :-)

I did not find the scenario that difficult, but It was fun ride because It was thematically great.  The rails were washed out, the earth was shaking... I did feel the thread of the earthquakes. Somehow  I like to think that a shudde Mell game without surges is not exciting :-). .

As I matter of fact I checked the next 5 mythos cards after winning the scenario and they were opening gates at  5 different places, so I do not think I would have lost due to Earthquake.

Cheers

Enric

I really suspect you should be playing these on Hard, but I'm glad you enjoyed it and the theme :'D

#29 eagermind

eagermind

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:36 PM

I really suspect you should be playing these on Hard, but I'm glad you enjoyed it and the theme :'D

You finally convinced me. I will try the next scenario on Hard more. Let's  see how it goes :-)

#30 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,214 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:19 PM

Yay! Good luck with that! Can't wait to see whay you think of the Elder God mode :)

#31 Avi_dreader

Avi_dreader

• Members
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:19 AM

You finally convinced me. I will try the next scenario on Hard more. Let's  see how it goes :-)

And once you beat the rest of them, I hope you'll go back and retry the ones you've already beaten on hard ;'D

#32 eagermind

eagermind

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:50 PM

Scenario 10 in Hard mode

Joe, Marie, Michael, Roland and ”Oh no she’s back” Sister Mary  against Shub-Niggurath and her horde of Dark Youngs.

Starting items:

Sister Mary : Holy water, Cross,Wither & Sigil of Hermes – Mythos Lore Skill.

Joe: 45 automatic,Lantern & Athame -  +1 Will

Marie: Voice of Ra, Enchanted Knife, Mists of Releh & Alchemical Process - Stealth skill

Michael: Tommy gun, Dynamite and Yithian Riffle- wrestle (+1 Fight) skill

Roland:  Lantern, Naacal Key and Ally Dr. Ali Kafour (+1Lore/+1 Will & De Vermiis Mysteriis) -  + 1 Lore Skill.

Michael, Joe, Roland and Sister Mary start at the train station instead of their normal starting place.

First Mythos -Gate at whateley farm with 3 cultist DY. The Dark Druid starts at the Woods.

1st Turn:  Marie gains 3$ from her alchemical process and goes to the magick shop, while Michael goes to the Curiosity shop buying some magical junk.  Sister Mary moves to Backwoods county in order to block Dark Young Movement the next mythos.  Joe collects 2 clues at the Graveyard and finds a cross and Roland goes to Hibb’s where he bumps into Erica Carlyle and gets a retainer. Mythos:  Gate opens at Independence Sq. releasing a deep one and a Dark Young that move to Downtown streets. The cultists DY move onto Sister Mary.

2nd Turn: A blessed Sister Mary uses her holy water to kill the first Cultist DY but she cannot with the other two and ends up at the hospital with a sprained ankle and 2 corruptions.  Mary buys a plague of locusts spell (which may come in handy later) and passes her story. Meanwhile Roland gathers two clues at the Unnamable and passes also his PS.  Unfortunately a monster was hiding in a closet and knocks him unconscious ending at the Hospital with Sister Mary. Joe goes the Curiosity shop and passes the cross to Michael. He then buys a Key of Tawil. Finally Michael travels to Dunwich and deals with the two remaining Cultists DY gaining 4 corruptions.   Mythos: Gate opens at the Graveyard releasing a Gnoph-Keh and a Formless spawn . Both Sister Mary’s and Michael’s Corruptions get activated, driving Michael insane and awarding our beloved sister with another corruption. 

3rd Turn: Marie uses her witch blood to remove one doom token. I will probably do it also next turn in order to delay as much as possible the fatidic turn of events when  6th doom token is added. She then casts plague of locusts to get rid of the the Dark Druid blocking the uptown streets. He is sent back to the Woods and clears the way for Mary who goes to Historical society and gets a clue. Roland can’t  reach any gate yet, so he goes north to the Science building. Marie ends up at the Unvisisted Isle where she collects two clues. She becomes a member of the Cult and due to a cryptic vision she gets  another clue bringing her to 5.  Joe discards his Key to tawil to wake up in Another dimension and finally Michael kills first the deep one passing his PS and then kills the Dark young  getting  2 more corruptions.. Mythos:  Gate at the Unnamable releasing two easy monsters this time (Zombie & ghoul) . Sister Mary’s downward spiral gets activated and she gets two corruption cards.

4th Turn: Roland evades the Zombie and jumps into the gate at Independence Sq. Michael kills the Zombie and Marie after using her witch blood a second time kills the Ghoul guarding the gate at the Unnamable (getting her first corruption) and travels to Plateau of Length. Finally Sister Mary continues collecting clues this time at the Silver Twilight lodge. Mythos:  A gate opens at Wizard Hill releasing a Dark Young and a Star spawn. Michael gets another corruption. He has already 7.

5th Turn:  Michael goes to Asylum to recover some sanity.  Joe seals the gate at the Graveyard. Sister Mary collects her 4th clue and  Marie & Roland continue exploring other worlds.

Mythos:  Gate at Devil Reef.  I don’t like it.  When Roland comes back from the other worlds, he will definitely use his Tome De Veriis Mysteriis to close it down. Since hexagons are moving black, all monsters move thanks to our dear Dark Druid. That means two monsters go through a vortex in Insmouth and one in Dunwich raising the terror level to 3.  Since the doom track reaches 4, Sister Mary fails her PS . Addiotionally she gets another corruption and a Cult Membership.

6th Turn: Sister Mary gets her 5th clue at the Black Cave. Roland & Marie seal gates at Independence Sq and Unnamable. 3 seals, half work done J.  Meanwhile Michael kills the Formless spawn and gets another corruption and finally Joe takes the train to Dunwich . Mythos: Gate opens at the Woods releasing a Dimensional Shambler and Werewolf.  Sister Mary’s corruptions get activated. She has to draw two more. She takes the last green and The first red one which is the Vessel of Mythos.  This ill-fated corruption lowers her sanity driving her insane (she has 7 corruptions) and is devoured… The doom track is at 5…..then I automatically lose the game (Sister mary cannot be devoured before the 6th doom token)….grrr

Well…I think it was unfair…I was doing fine, I was having the board under control. .… It’s all because of you: Sister Mary. I hope you rot in Hell J.

I don’t know if It was the right call to try the Elder God difficulty.  Anyway I can’t play my next game until after Christmas,...so I will think about it...until then I will plan my revenge on Shub-NiggurathJ.

Edited by eagermind, 14 December 2013 - 01:13 PM.

• Julia likes this

#33 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,214 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:52 PM

Oh, man. All green corruptions gone by the end of 6th turn :shudder: sounds like a hypernasty game. Sorry for the bad luck with drawing the Vessel of the Mythos. You were doing it pretty well, 3 seals before the 6th turn is excellent. Fun thing is that actually Marie made you lose the game: her Witch Blood removed the doomers that would have granted Mary a chance to pass out before losing the game for her being devoured.

Scenario 10, 11 and 12 *are* nasty, both in the original and the EG variant.

Hope you can soon have your revenge! And, as always, thanks for sharing your story with the community :)

#34 Avi_dreader

Avi_dreader

• Members
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:32 AM

Oh, man. All green corruptions gone by the end of 6th turn :shudder: sounds like a hypernasty game. Sorry for the bad luck with drawing the Vessel of the Mythos. You were doing it pretty well, 3 seals before the 6th turn is excellent. Fun thing is that actually Marie made you lose the game: her Witch Blood removed the doomers that would have granted Mary a chance to pass out before losing the game for her being devoured.

Scenario 10, 11 and 12 *are* nasty, both in the original and the EG variant.

Hope you can soon have your revenge! And, as always, thanks for sharing your story with the community :)

That is a good irony, I missed that.

• Julia likes this

#35 Avi_dreader

Avi_dreader

• Members
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:34 AM

Scenario 10 in Hard mode

Joe, Marie, Michael, Roland and ”Oh no she’s back” Sister Mary  against Shub-Niggurath and her horde of Dark Youngs.

Starting items:

Sister Mary : Holy water, Cross,Wither & Sigil of Hermes – Mythos Lore Skill.

Joe: 45 automatic,Lantern & Athame -  +1 Will

Marie: Voice of Ra, Enchanted Knife, Mists of Releh & Alchemical Process - Stealth skill

Michael: Tommy gun, Dynamite and Yithian Riffle- wrestle (+1 Fight) skill

Roland:  Lantern, Naacal Key and Ally Dr. Ali Kafour (+1Lore/+1 Will & De Vermiis Mysteriis) -  + 1 Lore Skill.

Michael, Joe, Roland and Sister Mary start at the train station instead of their normal starting place.

First Mythos -Gate at whateley farm with 3 cultist DY. The Dark Druid starts at the Woods.

1st Turn:  Marie gains 3$ from her alchemical process and goes to the magick shop, while Michael goes to the Curiosity shop buying some magical junk.  Sister Mary moves to Backwoods county in order to block Dark Young Movement the next mythos.  Joe collects 2 clues at the Graveyard and finds a cross and Roland goes to Hibb’s where he bumps into Erica Carlyle and gets a retainer. Mythos:  Gate opens at Independence Sq. releasing a deep one and a Dark Young that move to Downtown streets. The cultists DY move onto Sister Mary.

2nd Turn: A blessed Sister Mary uses her holy water to kill the first Cultist DY but she cannot with the other two and ends up at the hospital with a sprained ankle and 2 corruptions.  Mary buys a plague of locusts spell (which may come in handy later) and passes her story. Meanwhile Roland gathers two clues at the Unnamable and passes also his PS.  Unfortunately a monster was hiding in a closet and knocks him unconscious ending at the Hospital with Sister Mary. Joe goes the Curiosity shop and passes the cross to Michael. He then buys a Key of Tawil. Finally Michael travels to Dunwich and deals with the two remaining Cultists DY gaining 4 corruptions.   Mythos: Gate opens at the Graveyard releasing a Gnoph-Keh and a Formless spawn . Both Sister Mary’s and Michael’s Corruptions get activated, driving Michael insane and awarding our beloved sister with another corruption. 

3rd Turn: Marie uses her witch blood to remove one doom token. I will probably do it also next turn in order to delay as much as possible the fatidic turn of events when  6th doom token is added. She then casts plague of locusts to get rid of the the Dark Druid blocking the uptown streets. He is sent back to the Woods and clears the way for Mary who goes to Historical society and gets a clue. Roland can’t  reach any gate yet, so he goes north to the Science building. Marie ends up at the Unvisisted Isle where she collects two clues. She becomes a member of the Cult and due to a cryptic vision she gets  another clue bringing her to 5.  Joe discards his Key to tawil to wake up in Another dimension and finally Michael kills first the deep one passing his PS and then kills the Dark young  getting  2 more corruptions.. Mythos:  Gate at the Unnamable releasing two easy monsters this time (Zombie & ghoul) . Sister Mary’s downward spiral gets activated and she gets two corruption cards.

4th Turn: Roland evades the Zombie and jumps into the gate at Independence Sq. Michael kills the Zombie and Marie after using her witch blood a second time kills the Ghoul guarding the gate at the Unnamable (getting her first corruption) and travels to Plateau of Length. Finally Sister Mary continues collecting clues this time at the Silver Twilight lodge. Mythos:  A gate opens at Wizard Hill releasing a Dark Young and a Star spawn. Michael gets another corruption. He has already 7.

5th Turn:  Michael goes to Asylum to recover some sanity.  Joe seals the gate at the Graveyard. Sister Mary collects her 4th clue and  Marie & Roland continue exploring other worlds.

Mythos:  Gate at Devil Reef.  I don’t like it.  When Roland comes back from the other worlds, he will definitely use his Tome De Veriis Mysteriis to close it down. Since hexagons are moving black, all monsters move thanks to our dear Dark Druid. That means two monsters go through a vortex in Insmouth and one in Dunwich raising the terror level to 3.  Since the doom track reaches 4, Sister Mary fails her PS . Addiotionally she gets another corruption and a Cult Membership.

6th Turn: Sister Mary gets her 5th clue at the Black Cave. Roland & Marie seal gates at Independence Sq and Unnamable. 3 seals, half work done J.  Meanwhile Michael kills the Formless spawn and gets another corruption and finally Joe takes the train to Dunwich . Mythos: Gate opens at the Woods releasing a Dimensional Shambler and Werewolf.  Sister Mary’s corruptions get activated. She has to draw two more. She takes the last green and The first red one which is the Vessel of Mythos.  This ill-fated corruption lowers her sanity driving her insane (she has 7 corruptions) and is devoured… The doom track is at 5…..then I automatically lose the game (Sister mary cannot be devoured before the 6th doom token)….grrr

Well…I think it was unfair…I was doing fine, I was having the board under control. .… It’s all because of you: Sister Mary. I hope you rot in Hell J.

I don’t know if It was the right call to try the Elder God difficulty.  Anyway I can’t play my next game until after Christmas,...so I will think about it...until then I will plan my revenge on Shub-NiggurathJ.

Poor Sister Mary, she tries and tries, and no one appreciates her ;')

Anyway, it sounds like you were doing well, despite the bad luck.  Better luck next time :'D

Did you like the scenario?

• Julia likes this

#36 eagermind

eagermind

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:54 AM

Did you like the scenario?

Well...let's say that Shub-Niggurath is not among my favorites Ancient ones :-).

I did not experience the scenario as a whole either...since I did not "suffer" the dramatic turn of events when the doom track reaches 6. I let you know on the rematch after christmas. :-)

#37 Nainphy

Nainphy

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:35 PM

How do i get these scenarios eagermind is playing? They seem cool (though they'll have to wait a little, i just have the core, kingsport and lurker expansions). Any links showing the rules for each scenario?

Edited by Nainphy, 16 December 2013 - 08:36 PM.

#38 eagermind

eagermind

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:20 PM

Hi Nainphy. You can download them here: http://www.boardgame...mponents-and-sc . If you have any problems downloading them, just contact Julia and if you have any question with rules Avi_dreader will gladly help you.

You will  need Dunwich, King in Yellow, Curse of the Dark Pharaoh, the Black Goat of the Woods and Insmouth apart from Kingsport, that you already have.

I highly recommend them. There are 24 scenarios with a strong theme, kind of long campaign with a story behind...some scenarios are more diffficult than others and it is intended for people who have experience with Arkham Horror...but you don't need to be an expert. I started actually the league after having played extensively (a lot)  Arkham Horror over one year. If you have any questions feel free to ask :-)

Edited by eagermind, 16 December 2013 - 11:11 PM.

• Julia likes this

#39 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,214 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:23 AM

Thanks Eagermind for covering the questions :) Yes, Nainphy, the link Eagermind gave you has all the rules and components to play the scenarios. For any questions, post in this thread here, and we'll do our best to cover them :) Hope you could enjoy them :)

#40 Avi_dreader

Avi_dreader

• Members
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:48 AM

Hi Nainphy. You can download them here: http://www.boardgame...mponents-and-sc . If you have any problems downloading them, just contact Julia and if you have any question with rules Avi_dreader will gladly help you.

You will  need Dunwich, King in Yellow, Curse of the Dark Pharaoh, the Black Goat of the Woods and Insmouth apart from Kingsport, that you already have.

I highly recommend them. There are 24 scenarios with a strong theme, kind of long campaign with a story behind...some scenarios are more diffficult than others and it is intended for people who have experience with Arkham Horror...but you don't need to be an expert. I started actually the league after having played extensively (a lot)  Arkham Horror over one year. If you have any questions feel free to ask :-)

I don't know about gladly, but I will try to help if my attention is called to something ;') I have a feeling Julia might be able to answer a question faster than I can.  I don't monitor the forums like I used to.  I've definitely been downgraded to a lurker at its threshold.

Also, reiterating what Eagermind said, these scenarios were designed originally for people who'd been playing the game for years and were somewhat bored with the difficulty level.  Also, sort of my way of showing my appreciation for the people at the forum.  In any case, once the challenge of the game begins to pale, that's when you know the stars are right for these scenarios :'D

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS