Photo

AFFC Official Clarification on Stark House Objective?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 imdahman

imdahman

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:31 AM

Just curious as this is a bit vague and I would like some clarification. 

The house objective says: "control Winterfell and 5 or more areas with Castles or Strongholds". Our group interpreted this as needing 6 total areas (Winterfell's stronghold doesn't count towards total) with castles or strongholds because of the card's use of 'and'

However, I am seeing in a couple places that many people are interpreting it as 5 total - with the stronghold counting towards the total. 

What is the way this is supposed to be interpreted?

#2 MakoCLoud

MakoCLoud

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:36 AM

well as written on the card you need Winterfell and 5 other areas with strongholds and castles, why is there a missunderstanding?

#3 kauai1964

kauai1964

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:48 AM

Because it doesn't say "other", and at least one player says that FFG told him the 5 castles INCLUDE Winterfell.

#4 imdahman

imdahman

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:00 PM

I can confirm now that the Stronghold in Winterfell DOES count towards the 5 total, so You need to hold Winterfell and 4 other castles/strongholds - which would bring your total to 5. 

Official email I got from a Game Producer: 

"The stronghold at Winterfell does count towards that total. So, in effect, the card is requiring you to hold Winterfell + 4 other castles/strongholds. I agree, the use of the emphasized "and" is indeed confusing. "

Edited by imdahman, 29 August 2013 - 07:01 PM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS