Costs for advanced Archtype powers

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Angron

Angron

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:55 AM

So I've just started a game with a group and they are all starting at the base levels for Archtypes and XP. I want to introduce the special abilities from the more advanced Archtypes from the Tome of Fate, Tome of Blood and so forth. I'm thinking of having them purchased like Talents. What I would like is advice to what tier said abilities should be counted as.

The reason that a man acts is as important as the deed itself. Nobility of purpose may excuse the blackest deeds, hate and greed may foul the proudest accomplishments.

#2 BrotharTearer

BrotharTearer

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:32 PM

That's much a case by case problem you have there. The special abilities of the advanced archetypes are vastely different in power levels. Some a flavourful but mechanically awful, while others are mechanically good.

See what they do and then determine how valuable it would be. Compare their power to talents, if that's how you're going to handle it.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS