Prog, where is that at in the stuff??

"Make sure your shields are on Double Front, or you'll get your @$$ shot off!"

#2442 progressions

progressions

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:43 PM

Prog, where is that at in the stuff??

To make a droid, you can run the Character Generator application and set the Species to Droid. Then you can add Characteristics, Skills, Talents, etc, as needed. You can then use that droid as an NPC in your game.

To make an NPC droid, run the GM Tools application and click on Adversaries. Then you click on "New", and set the "Adversary Name" to whatever the droid's name is. You can write a description that indicates what kind of droid it is.

Then use the Characteristics, Skills/Talents/Force, and so on buttons on the left to set the attributes to whatever you want them to be.

Click "Add" when you're done. When you've saved it there is a button on the right called "Stat Block", which will save the character's stat block to an image you can print out.

Does that help?

EOTE Styles and Dice Symbols for Obsidian Portal

Our group's EOTE Obsidian Portal: Explorers on the Edge

#2443 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

Looking for a saint? Look elsewhere.

• Members
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 04:48 PM

Seems the Marshal is listing Adversary instead of Street Smarts in Column 3, Row 1.  I checked the data file that I sent, and it was a screw-up on my part.

The only other thing that I'm noticing is that I've got to click the Add/Purchase button for equipment twice to get it to recognize that I'm trying to add/buy equipment for a character, and happens with both the CharGen and GMTools.  But that could just be an issue on my end.

Dono's Gaming & Etc Blog - http://jedimorningfire.blogspot.com/

"You worry about those drink vouchers, I'll worry about that bar tab!"

#2444 Lancer999

Lancer999

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:18 PM

Yes, now how do we put that into the char sheet so it shows in the pdf??

#2445 progressions

progressions

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:32 PM

Yes, now how do we put that into the char sheet so it shows in the pdf??

How do you put what into what character sheet so it shows in what PDF?

If you use the Character Generator to create a droid which is an NPC, you can print it out or save it to PDF just like you could with any character you create.

If you use the GM Tools to create an NPC droid as an "Adversary", there is a button labeled "Stat Block", which will save the character's stats as an image.

There's not specifically a way to put that Stat Block into another character's PDF. Are you talking about, like a character who owns a droid?

I'd recommend just creating it using the Character Generator or the GM Tools on its own. It doesn't necessarily need to be "IN" another character's sheet.

#2446 Ebak

Ebak

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:35 PM

Yeah, the data program is missing a lot of entry areas, such as lightsaber attachments/upgrades, morality entries and more.

Edit: Nevermind, found the lightsaber crystals.

Edit 2: Not sure if this is a bug, however the Alliance T-47 airspeeder in the Age of Rebellion core rulebook differs from the standard T-47 found in the Edge of the Empire core rulebook in the form of being armed with two heavy blaster cannons.

I thought I'd add it as a stock vehicle, however for some reason the T-47's only option for a blaster cannon is a light blaster cannon, the heavy blaster cannon is not a viable option.

Edited by Ebak, 31 August 2014 - 06:32 PM.

#2447 Kaytarn

Kaytarn

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:47 PM

Talents that change the lightsaber base skill don't seem to work...

#2448 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 962 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:33 PM

Talents that change the lightsaber base skill don't seem to work...

they work. look on the specialization tree where the talent is in the upper right side.

#2449 Lancer999

Lancer999

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:11 AM

Hey Ogg....How bout making a box for Dual Attacks w/ specific weapons.  I know you have the dice pool for 1 wpn and that is AWESOME...So is it possible to have a 2 wpn combo setup?

• progressions and Daeglan like this

#2450 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

Looking for a saint? Look elsewhere.

• Members
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:36 AM

As for Morality entries in the CharGen, you have to use the Notes section to the right of the Morality options, which will then show up on the Character sheet.  However, it's not separated into Strength and Weakness, which I've not found to be that big a hurdle in writing up the descriptive fluff.

Dono's Gaming & Etc Blog - http://jedimorningfire.blogspot.com/

"You worry about those drink vouchers, I'll worry about that bar tab!"

#2451 Thanatos666

Thanatos666

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:58 AM

Does anyone know how to properly put the a Race calls in the Generator. I have been trying to add the Miraluka race to the generator but have to this date been unsuccessful. Can anyone help me with that or is there a chance that Oggdude can add it and make it permanent. Just a request.

Thanks.

#2452 progressions

progressions

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:01 AM

It's certainly possible to add a Species with the Data Editor.

Depending on the special abilities for that race, it may or may not require new programming on OggDude's part.

#2453 OggDude

OggDude

I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon

• Members
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:29 AM

OK, back from the con.  The one EotE game they had scheduled was cancelled after I signed up for it, which was annoying.  I ran both Whisper Base and Shadowpoint from the AoR beginner box as an open game.  Besides my nephew and wife, we got three more people to play.  Unfortunately, PacifiCon really isn't too huge on RPGs (mostly historic miniatures and board games), so it took a few hours to get anyone interested.  Here's what the table looked like:

PacAoRGame.png

As you can see, I even tried bribery by Jelly Belly.  At last year's DunDraCon, I got a group together pretty quickly, but then again, it's more of an RPG-centric convention.

• Conviction likes this

Oggy

Get the latest SW Character Generator and GM Tools (Version 1.3.2.0, Released 9/19/2014) 

Drop BoxManual Install  Web Install     Google DriveManual Install  Web Install

#2454 Sparx MacGyver

Sparx MacGyver

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:39 AM

Just thought I'd mention, that while playing around with the generator, both the beta and previous more stable version, I broke them. Several times. I decided to mess around and make a generic guy, just for the hell of it. I named him Slab Bulkhead. I then proceeded to give him ample EXP, and tried to give him every single specialization, talent, and force power - every single item under everything - maxed out abilites and skills. The exception was the Dedication talents since once you get to 6, you can't go higher.

#2455 OggDude

OggDude

I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon

• Members
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:49 AM

OK, I scoured everyone's posts and came up with the following problems and requests:

Bug Reports

Caamasi not adding boost to Knowledge skills
  • The trick with this one is that it adds boosts to skills with at least one rank.  I'll need to add a flag for that and change code to support it.
Quantities for weapons
  • If you create your throwing knives without any hard points, you'll be able to stack them.
Cybernetics and base attributes
  • Cybernetics does add to characteristics.  You are limited to a max of 7 in a characteristic using cybernetics, however.  Also, be sure the cybernetics is "held" in order to get benefits from it.
Shoto lightsaber should reduce crystal damage by 2/Negative damage
  • Hadn't noticed this one, actually.  You don't need negative damage for it, just add the "Subtract Damage" descriptor in its base mods.  I'll do this for the shoto.
Morality for non-Force users
  • In my opinion, the Morality mechanic is clearly for Force users, since you can't really be a light-side paragon if you have no affinity with the Force.  However, I don't want to cramp anyone's style, so I'll have it as an option (as in, a check box in the Options dialog) for non-Force users as well.
Problem with entered inquisitor adversary
  • I'll need a copy of the problematic adversary to discover what its problem is.
Morality missing from data editor
  • Yup, I didn't get a chance to add it yet.  It'll be in the release.
Master Grenadier talent entered twice
  • I knew there was a duplicate in there somewhere, but I couldn't find it :)  The duplicate will be removed.
Marshal with wrong talent
  • I thought I caught all of those :)  It'll be fixed.
Add/Purchase requires two clicks
  • It's not just you, I was noticing this as well, but didn't think much of it.  I have no idea why it's doing that, although it might have something to do with double-clicks.  I'll try and figure it out.
T-47 different from one from EotE
  • I hadn't noticed the difference.  I'll take a look at them.
Unable to add species
  • Are you clicking "Save" after you enter in the species?

New Requests

Option to remove background from color print outs
  • I can add this one to the Options dialog as well.  And yes, it'll use the entire page like the simplified sheet.
Folders for characters
  • This might be difficult.  I may be able to add a "Campaign" value to the characters, then have a drop down list to filter by campaign, something like that.  Would that work?
Changing names of skills
  • You can't do that in the Data Editor, but you can always edit the XML directly and change the names.  If you're going to be doing something like making your own game, it would more than likely have it's own base data anyway.
Stacking renamed items
  • Interesting idea.  I'll see about checking for a renamed item, rather than just looking at the key of an item.
Dual wield weapon with shown weapon table
  • Another interesting idea.  I'll see about having a dual-wield flag or something for shown weapons.
Skinned printed sheets
  • Well... the sheets are actually generic and don't use any particular skin.  Are you saying you actually want skinned sheets?  

• BrashFink and Lancer999 like this

Oggy

Get the latest SW Character Generator and GM Tools (Version 1.3.2.0, Released 9/19/2014) 

Drop BoxManual Install  Web Install     Google DriveManual Install  Web Install

#2456 Jabberwookiee

Jabberwookiee

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:31 AM

Hi Oggy, thanks for the great tool!

With regard to "Jury Rigged", one a small thing:

The Core Rules, page 138 states: "The character chooses one personal weapon or piece of armor per rank of Jury Rigged".

So as far as I tell there is nothing stopping me from choosing the same piece of equipment multiple times.

But, the Character Generator only allows one Jury Rigged per piece of equipment.

What do you think?

#2457 Jegergryte

Jegergryte

• Members
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:42 AM

About Jury-rigged: as far as I can recall, that's been clarified: you can only apply Jury Rigged to one piece of weapon or gear once. So multiple ranks means multiple pieces of gear being jury rigged.

Make sure your brain is engaged, before putting your mouth into gear.

"What about the future...? We can only hope, we cannot however account for the minutiae of the quanta, as all accidents in an infinite space are inevitable."

GMLovlie's/Jegergryte's Cubicle direct link to supplements here.

#2458 Jabberwookiee

Jabberwookiee

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:48 AM

About Jury-rigged: as far as I can recall, that's been clarified: you can only apply Jury Rigged to one piece of weapon or gear once. So multiple ranks means multiple pieces of gear being jury rigged.

Thanks.

I found no Errata or FAQ, but I found a comment in this forum: "Regarding the Jury Rigged talent, according to the response I got from Sam Stewart, each rank has to be applied to a separate item".

So I guess that makes it official enough :)

#2459 Danudet

Danudet

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:44 AM

The coloring from each of the books that you used in the generator.  I thought it might be kinda cool when you print the sheet out, the sheet matched the colors that you made for each of the books in the generator.

The Shoto saber, I tried putting the dam mod and it only reduced the damage by 1 instead of 2.  I even tried putting the mod up to 6 with the same result.

By the way, The generator is awesome, and thanks for making it available to all of us, and for the work you put into it.

#2460 Iosuah

Iosuah

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:48 AM

Another duplicate talent entry that I did not see highlighted - Unrelenting Skeptic - it has both UNRELENTSKEP (points to F&D) and UNRELSKEP (points to Far Horizons)

I hope that helps!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS