• Please log in to reply
3178 replies to this topic

#2361 OggDude

OggDude

I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon

• Members
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:04 AM

Wow, I have not looked at this since the first month... it is AHH-Mazing now. Nice work.

I love the customizations in here and the statblock export is crazy useful for Roll20.  I am going to start using this for everything.

Cool, glad you like it.  Yeah, lots of changes in the last year.  And more coming up for F&D :)

• Conviction and BillW like this

Oggy

Get the latest SW Character Generator and GM Tools (Version 1.3.4.0, Released 10/30/2014) 

Drop BoxManual Install  Web Install     Google DriveManual Install  Web Install

#2362 evileeyore

evileeyore

• Members
  • 893 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:04 PM

I have it set to x86.  I hate to change it to "Any CPU" just in case people have issues with it :)

That might be doing it. I don't know enough about that end of computing...

As for changing it, don't on my account. I've an ancient creaky old tub of a computer (I think the motherboard and cpu are pushing 10+ years) so I'm well past due to upgrade.

#2363 XNtr3k

XNtr3k

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:33 PM

The only issue I have is being unable to turn off the unofficial items. For example, the Arc Welder that comes as a free weapon for a droid when you select the Astromech 'subspecies', or the Protective Goggles that I have been unable to locate in any of my books. I can uncheck all the books but one core book and these items still persist.

#2364 OggDude

OggDude

I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon

• Members
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:48 PM

The only issue I have is being unable to turn off the unofficial items. For example, the Arc Welder that comes as a free weapon for a droid when you select the Astromech 'subspecies', or the Protective Goggles that I have been unable to locate in any of my books. I can uncheck all the books but one core book and these items still persist.

The arc welder actually belongs to the adversary astromech in the CRB, so I thought it would be fun to add it as a sub-species weapon for a PC astromech.  The protective goggles can be found with Defel adversaries, and are added in case you create a Defel PC from the USM.

Oggy

Get the latest SW Character Generator and GM Tools (Version 1.3.4.0, Released 10/30/2014) 

Drop BoxManual Install  Web Install     Google DriveManual Install  Web Install

#2365 fatedtodie

fatedtodie

• Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:05 AM

Oggy,

Good thing you cleared that up. He cried for like a week on Reddit whenever someone suggested your character generator as an answer to a character sheet he wanted. He was very rude to anyone that suggested it and would not let go of the "this is homebrew!" flag he was waving. (this is referring to XNtr3k)

GM KnowledgeRhino

My group's adventure log through Edge of the Empire stories. http://rhinospeaks.wordpress.com/

#2366 Stylo

Stylo

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:24 AM

I'm getting an error when I try to run the web inbstall saying it's "already installed from a different location". I've uninstalled the program via the windows uninstall, I've scoured my hard drive and my registry for copies of the program or references to it, and I'm still getting the error. After doing all that, I even restarted by computer, for good measure. At this point, I'm totally lost. I'm able to use the manual install fine, but prefer to use the web install.

Here are the error details, if that helps.

Thanks!

ERROR DETAILS
    Following errors were detected during this operation.
    * [8/22/2014 10:17:53 AM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException (DeploymentUriDifferent)
        - You cannot start application Star Wars Character Generator and GM Tools from this location because it is already installed from a different location.
        - Source: System.Deployment
        - Stack trace:
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.CheckDeploymentProviderValidity(ActivationDescription actDesc, SubscriptionState subState)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
        --- Inner Exception ---
        System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException (DeploymentUriDifferent)
        - You cannot start application Star Wars Character Generator and GM Tools from location https://8661583e0f10...her.application it is already installed from location https://googledrive....er.application. You can start it from location https://googledrive....her.application or you can uninstall it and reinstall it from location https://8661583e0f10...er.application. If you reinstall the application, be aware that you might lose any customizations that you made to the application.
        - Source:
        - Stack trace:

#2367 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 1,534 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:36 AM

I'm getting an error when I try to run the web inbstall saying it's "already installed from a different location". I've uninstalled the program via the windows uninstall, I've scoured my hard drive and my registry for copies of the program or references to it, and I'm still getting the error. After doing all that, I even restarted by computer, for good measure. At this point, I'm totally lost. I'm able to use the manual install fine, but prefer to use the web install.

Here are the error details, if that helps.

Thanks!

ERROR DETAILS
    Following errors were detected during this operation.
    * [8/22/2014 10:17:53 AM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException (DeploymentUriDifferent)
        - You cannot start application Star Wars Character Generator and GM Tools from this location because it is already installed from a different location.
        - Source: System.Deployment
        - Stack trace:
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.CheckDeploymentProviderValidity(ActivationDescription actDesc, SubscriptionState subState)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
        --- Inner Exception ---
        System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException (DeploymentUriDifferent)
        - You cannot start application Star Wars Character Generator and GM Tools from location https://8661583e0f10...her.application it is already installed from location https://googledrive....er.application. You can start it from location https://googledrive....her.application or you can uninstall it and reinstall it from location https://8661583e0f10...er.application. If you reinstall the application, be aware that you might lose any customizations that you made to the application.
        - Source:
        - Stack trace:

I had that. It either was installed using the other version(Dropbox or Google drive) or just needs un installed and reinstalled.

#2368 NicoJMont

NicoJMont

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:59 AM

I can not wait for Force and Destiny to be loaded into the generator. OggDude did you get a copy of the book at GenCon? Or are you waiting like the rest of us?

I hope you have a copy and we will see it in the generator soon a I want to start to beta test as soon as possible. I could add some content myself but with new rules like morality I am waiting for the official update
Nicholas J Montgomery
(763) 286-1295
http://www.advicehomes.com

#2369 progressions

progressions

• Members
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:08 PM

I think Ogg was a beta tester for it.

EOTE Styles and Dice Symbols for Obsidian Portal

Our group's EOTE Obsidian Portal: Explorers on the Edge

#2370 Obakai

Obakai

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:21 PM

Ogg, simply amazing work.  I hadn't looked back here for a few months and am so happy that your continuing work on this.  It makes my groups games so much more streamlined and enjoyable.  Thank you!

• KevynnRedfern likes this

#2371 voidstate

voidstate

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:07 AM

Sorry if this is already covered in the thread; I went back a few pages but couldn't see it.

Is there any way of getting this to work on a Mac?

Thanks

Vs

· Try my Unoffical X-Wing Squadron Builder, see the 100,000+ squadrons other players have created or a list of all the X-Wing components.
· I spent the last year backpacking around SE Asia for a year with my wife and three identical triplet girls. Check out our blog to see where we got to: Travels With Triplets.

#2372 progressions

progressions

• Members
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:28 AM

Sorry if this is already covered in the thread; I went back a few pages but couldn't see it.

Thanks

Vs

I don't believe so, beyond installing Windows on the Mac and switching over to it.

I have a PC but I use Chrome Remote Desktop to access my PC from my Mac's browser (so I can do things like edit characters remotely or at work). But that does require having the PC in the first place.

I wish there was a Mac version!

• voidstate likes this

EOTE Styles and Dice Symbols for Obsidian Portal

Our group's EOTE Obsidian Portal: Explorers on the Edge

#2373 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 1,534 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:39 AM

Thanks

Vs

If you run a virtual machine with windows on it. yes. otherwise no. Ogg does not do Mac programming. 

#2374 voidstate

voidstate

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:53 AM

Thanks, guys. Might see if I can convert it with Wine Bottler... http://winebottler.kronenberg.org

I'll let you know if I have any success.

· Try my Unoffical X-Wing Squadron Builder, see the 100,000+ squadrons other players have created or a list of all the X-Wing components.
· I spent the last year backpacking around SE Asia for a year with my wife and three identical triplet girls. Check out our blog to see where we got to: Travels With Triplets.

#2375 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 1,534 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:05 AM

you should do some searching through the thread. Oggdude does mention some windows technology it needs. i think activex 4. or some such. 

#2376 voidstate

voidstate

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:34 AM

you should do some searching through the thread. Oggdude does mention some windows technology it needs. i think activex 4. or some such.

dotNet Framework 4, I think. The Wine Bottler site claims to provide it, so hopefully it'll work.

#2377 BrashFink

BrashFink

• Members
  • 555 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 08:48 AM

One question/suggestion... it would be nice to have a color sheet that looks like the Grayscale one. I would like a color sheet but dislike the very distracting datapad thing

• Drathen likes this

#2378 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 1,534 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:30 AM

Bug

When making a human character vigilance and perception are not in the list of non career skills available.

#2379 BrashFink

BrashFink

• Members
  • 555 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:16 AM

One question/suggestion... it would be nice to have a color sheet that looks like the Grayscale one. I would like a color sheet but dislike the very distracting datapad thing

I should have been a bit more clear since the dice pools are in color. I am meaning one that looks more like the official sheets with the color boxes, etc and not like the Beginner Game folios.

#2380 TCArknight

TCArknight

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:25 AM

Bug
When making a human character vigilance and perception are not in the list of non career skills available.

Daeglan,
Are they part of your career or specialization skills? I know I've looked for skills under the human list only to find out they were part of the career I'd selected....

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS