Another Character Generator

• Please log in to reply
2184 replies to this topic

#2181 R2builder

R2builder

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted Today, 06:23 AM

I searched around for this bug info, but I could not find anything, so I hope this is not a repost. 

Potential Bug:

During Character creation the default career and spec are Smuggler/Pilot. Now if i go purchase a second universal spec (Force exile) and then go back and change my career, the cost for the second spec drops by ten. So now I have my career and my career spec and a universal spec for the cost of 10 XP not 20. 

I know per the book it says choose career and spec, then any other specs. I noticed this because a new player of mine shot me his character sheet  .xps and when I typed him into my Gen, the XP numbers were off, and I finally figured out why. 

I know this is not a huge deal or bug, just thought you might like to be aware of this if you weren't. 

I know some people will just click different careers and specs, looking at different options, then go back to their original idea, and may never notice the XP cost change. Especially if they are new to the system and your Generator. Which is awesome by the way. Thanks for this great program! 

Please check out our group and leave comments at: https://edge-of-the-...dianportal.com/

#2182 OggDude

OggDude

• Members
  • 905 posts

Posted Today, 10:31 AM

Fixed the dice modifier problem in adversaries.  It wasn't always accessing the proper grid.

Oggy

Get the latest SW:EotE Character Generator and GM Tools (Version 1.1.5.0, Released 6/2/2014) 

Drop BoxManual Install  Web Install     Google DriveManual Install  Web Install

#2183 OggDude

OggDude

• Members
  • 905 posts

Posted Today, 10:45 AM

I searched around for this bug info, but I could not find anything, so I hope this is not a repost. 

Potential Bug:

During Character creation the default career and spec are Smuggler/Pilot. Now if i go purchase a second universal spec (Force exile) and then go back and change my career, the cost for the second spec drops by ten. So now I have my career and my career spec and a universal spec for the cost of 10 XP not 20. 

I know per the book it says choose career and spec, then any other specs. I noticed this because a new player of mine shot me his character sheet  .xps and when I typed him into my Gen, the XP numbers were off, and I finally figured out why. 

I know this is not a huge deal or bug, just thought you might like to be aware of this if you weren't. 

I know some people will just click different careers and specs, looking at different options, then go back to their original idea, and may never notice the XP cost change. Especially if they are new to the system and your Generator. Which is awesome by the way. Thanks for this great program! 

Nope, you found a new one :)   The XP calculator was expecting the first specialization to be your starting spec.  If you purchased another spec, then changed careers, the starting spec wasn't first anymore and calculations got thrown off.  I modified the XP cost calculator for specs so it doesn't do that anymore.

• KevynnRedfern and R2builder like this

Oggy

Get the latest SW:EotE Character Generator and GM Tools (Version 1.1.5.0, Released 6/2/2014) 

Drop BoxManual Install  Web Install     Google DriveManual Install  Web Install

#2184 R2builder

R2builder

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted Today, 12:28 PM

Yea look at me I contributed to the greater good!!  :D

• progressions likes this

Please check out our group and leave comments at: https://edge-of-the-...dianportal.com/

#2185 kaosoe

kaosoe

Not the GM my players need, but the one they deserve.

• Members
  • 1,129 posts

Posted Today, 12:54 PM

Yea look at me I contributed to the greater good!!  :D

*monotone* The greater good

Scavenger - On the d20Radio forums.

Pronounced: Kay - Oh - So

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS