Photo

Another Character Generator

• Please log in to reply
2764 replies to this topic

#2041 kaosoe

kaosoe

Not the GM my players need, but the one they deserve.

• Members
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:50 PM

When I add the special ammo for the Corellian Long bow, there is no option to specify quantity. The arrows have a limited ammo quality and I would rather not have to keep adding arrows manually.

Scavenger - On the d20Radio forums.

Pronounced: Kay - Oh - So

#2042 OggDude

OggDude

I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:23 PM

When I add the special ammo for the Corellian Long bow, there is no option to specify quantity. The arrows have a limited ammo quality and I would rather not have to keep adding arrows manually.

The three long bows are just profiles.  Purchase the main bow, then add the two other profiles if you plan on using them.  Click on "Show" to have them displayed on the first page.  To keep track of the arrows, purchase them in the Gear pane.

• kaosoe likes this

Oggy

Get the latest SW Character Generator and GM Tools (Version 1.3.2.0, Released 9/19/2014) 

Drop BoxManual Install  Web Install     Google DriveManual Install  Web Install

#2043 ddbrown30

ddbrown30

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:13 PM

I'm getting the following exception when trying to remove a stock vehicle in the GM tool. I've confirmed that the file is not actually in use (other than by the tool).

Here's the error info. I'm using a custom data path. I'm using version 1.1.4.0. Please PM me if you need more info.

There is a file sharing violation. A different process might be using the file. [ <My custom data path>\CacheDB.sdf ]

Are you running the character generator at the same time?

No, GM tool only. Even tried closing the launcher, just to be on the safe side.

#2044 Rogue7

Rogue7

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:18 AM

OK got the database thing sorted out. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I would suggest that if the program can tell its your first time running the editor it just prompts you to make a new data set.

On a side note. Its possible that this is the fault of my printer, but the grey on the first page (simple layout) is barely visible. Would it be easy to make it a few shades darker? Or just add an underscore to the lines with the grey highlight?

#2045 OggDude

OggDude

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:54 AM

OK got the database thing sorted out. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I would suggest that if the program can tell its your first time running the editor it just prompts you to make a new data set.

On a side note. Its possible that this is the fault of my printer, but the grey on the first page (simple layout) is barely visible. Would it be easy to make it a few shades darker? Or just add an underscore to the lines with the grey highlight?

Ah.  So this happened when you ran the editor before running the other apps when you didn't have a cache?  Interesting, I'll look into that.

The editor launched fine, as it doesn't use the cached list object that the tools and chargen uses.  After recreating the cache, I was able to remove a stock vehicle with no problem.  So, I'm still not sure where the issue was.

Edited by OggDude, 15 May 2014 - 10:19 AM.

Oggy

Get the latest SW Character Generator and GM Tools (Version 1.3.2.0, Released 9/19/2014) 

#2046 ddbrown30

ddbrown30

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:37 AM

Feature Request:

Can you add some options to disable printing the credits/XP/encumbrance? These things change fairly often, so just having a blank space there that can be filled in with pencil would be helpful.

Thanks. :)

• kaosoe likes this

#2047 ejacobs

ejacobs

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:13 PM

Looking good.

However, I can't see more than two weapons on the character sheet. I've selected all of them to "show" on the builder.

E

#2048 OggDude

OggDude

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:39 AM

Looking good.

However, I can't see more than two weapons on the character sheet. I've selected all of them to "show" on the builder.

E

With simplified style and a single-line weapon, you should be able to see 15 of them.  At full color, 8 of them (there's actually a formatting issue and it'll show about 10, but it should be limited to 8).  If weapon descriptions take up more than one line, it'll cut that down.  This is on the first page of the sheet, at the bottom.

Oggy

#2049 ejacobs

ejacobs

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:02 PM

Hmm, I don't know what it is. My droid created character deselects Arc Welder after I select it and go to the print screen. None of my other created characters have done that.

Perhaps its an Arc Welder thing? Switching between color or simplified doesn't change it.

E

#2050 OggDude

OggDude

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:38 PM

Hmm, I don't know what it is. My droid created character deselects Arc Welder after I select it and go to the print screen. None of my other created characters have done that.

Perhaps its an Arc Welder thing? Switching between color or simplified doesn't change it.

E

Well, I created an astromech droid and added a bunch of weapons to him.  They all show up fine, whether or not arc welder has been set to "Show".

You can export the character in question and email him to me.  I'll see if I can replicate the problem.

Oggy

#2051 ZaneVenom

ZaneVenom

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:20 AM

Hello there Oggy, firstly I would like to thank you for making this tool it is extremely helpful and wonderfully done.  I hope you get the support from Fantasy Flight Games that this tool deserves. 

Secondly I would like to know if there is a way to add pictures to the DataEditor or change them.  I cannot figure it out.  I skimmed this forum for any advice and 104 pages is alot of info, so I am hoping since this is an active thread I could recieve some dirrect advice.  I have some great artists who wanted to add pictures into the program for our personal (or even official) use.  If anyone can help that would be great.

Thank you in advance for your help, and thank you and everyone who has tested and brought up known issues for the Character Generator and its continued development.

Cheers!

Edited by ZaneVenom, 17 May 2014 - 10:33 AM.

#2052 Trinity351

Trinity351

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:58 AM

Feature request: can you include signature abilities in the GM tools when making adversaries?
I think they would add a nice challenge for the players and I feel like when I made them "special abilities" it didn't weigh out right. I also understand these abilities are designed for PC use (Last One Standing specifically targets minions), but when a friendly NPC joins up with my group, I hand control of them over to the players, so they might enjoy seeing some powerhouse abilities before they've earned it for their own characters :)

Sometimes, when you stand no chance of winning, you can win just by standing up.

#2053 NinjaWithAPegLeg

NinjaWithAPegLeg

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:06 PM

What does the log file say?

This is what I get.

Thanks for taking a look at it!

If this is happening when you run the Setup.exe program, there should be a button that says "Details".  It displays a "log" that should have an actual error in it.  Or is that what you were displaying?

That was the log file it was referencing. This is what shows in the details section. 

An error occurred trying to download 'https://googledrive....r.application'.

See the setup log file located at 'C:\Users\Glenn\AppData\Local\Temp\VSD4727.tmp\install.log' for more information.

#2054 djplasmid

djplasmid

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:45 PM

I'm trying to add the "H9 Pistol Grip" attachment to a blaster carbine. The problem is that it does not show up as an available attachment for any weapon that I have tried except for the "OK-98 Blaster Carbine". Shouldn't this attachment be available for any firearm that uses the ranged-heavy skill?

#2055 bradknowles

bradknowles

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:18 PM

I'm trying to add the "H9 Pistol Grip" attachment to a blaster carbine. The problem is that it does not show up as an available attachment for any weapon that I have tried except for the "OK-98 Blaster Carbine". Shouldn't this attachment be available for any firearm that uses the ranged-heavy skill?

Only those that are not marked as "Cumbersome".  I ran across this in the rules today.

Regretfully, there are relatively few weapons that use Ranged-Heavy skill that are not also "Cumbersome".

And my recollection is that any carbine could be used as a Ranged-Light weapon just by removing or collapsing the stock.

Unless stated otherwise, these are just my personal opinions about how I feel things should work.  Even if I quote chapter and verse of a particular rulebook, only the part that's quoted is likely to actually be official.  Each GM will have to decide for themselves what rules they will use and which ones they won't, and how they will interpret the rules they do use.  That is their right -- and their responsibility.

"A FFG Star Wars Index" by Aahzmandius_Karrde: <http://community.fan...ar-wars-index/> | Github project at <https://github.com/k...rde/ffg_swrpg/>

"Dice Probability Generator" by Litheon: http://community.fan...lity-generator/

#2056 OggDude

OggDude

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:17 AM

Hello there Oggy, firstly I would like to thank you for making this tool it is extremely helpful and wonderfully done.  I hope you get the support from Fantasy Flight Games that this tool deserves. 

Secondly I would like to know if there is a way to add pictures to the DataEditor or change them.  I cannot figure it out.  I skimmed this forum for any advice and 104 pages is alot of info, so I am hoping since this is an active thread I could recieve some dirrect advice.  I have some great artists who wanted to add pictures into the program for our personal (or even official) use.  If anyone can help that would be great.

Thank you in advance for your help, and thank you and everyone who has tested and brought up known issues for the Character Generator and its continued development.

Cheers!

I don't have an automated way of doing it.  However, I do have instructions in the documentation on adding images.  If you're adding images for your own data, they'd go in the appropriate image folder inside DataCustom.  If you're adding images as part of a data set, they'd go in the image folders inside DataCustom\DataSet_xxxx.

Oggy

#2057 OggDude

OggDude

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:28 AM

What does the log file say?

This is what I get.

Thanks for taking a look at it!

If this is happening when you run the Setup.exe program, there should be a button that says "Details".  It displays a "log" that should have an actual error in it.  Or is that what you were displaying?

That was the log file it was referencing. This is what shows in the details section. 

An error occurred trying to download 'https://googledrive....r.application'.

See the setup log file located at 'C:\Users\Glenn\AppData\Local\Temp\VSD4727.tmp\install.log' for more information.

Did you try the Drop Box install?

Oggy

#2058 OggDude

OggDude

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:35 AM

It should be available for any weapon with the category "Non-Heavy Rifle".  That includes quite a number of them.  I just checked and it's available for the ones that I tried.

Oggy

#2059 djplasmid

djplasmid

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:11 AM

It should be available for any weapon with the category "Non-Heavy Rifle".  That includes quite a number of them.  I just checked and it's available for the ones that I tried.

I see what you are saying. However, the rules state that the attachment can be used with "...any Ranged (Heavy) blaster rifle, blaster carbine, or slugthrower that does not possess the Cumbersome quality." I guess I'm just not sure why a regular Blaster Carbine would not qualify in this case.

#2060 djplasmid

djplasmid

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:13 AM

And my recollection is that any carbine could be used as a Ranged-Light weapon just by removing or collapsing the stock.

This is interesting. I couldn't seem to find this in the core book. Do you remember where you saw this rule?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS