Photo

Available Soon

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#1 kaosoe

kaosoe

Not the GM my players need, but the one they deserve.

• Members
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:21 AM

The status for the beta book recently changed to "Available Soon"

My body is ready.

Edited by kaosoe, 22 August 2013 - 10:23 AM.

Scavenger - On the d20Radio forums.

Pronounced: Kay - Oh - So

#2 flightmaster101

flightmaster101

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:34 AM

My body is ready.

my_body_is_ready.png

• Traverser likes this

#3 DavetheLost

DavetheLost

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:49 AM

How soon is now?

#4 Drathen

Drathen

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:52 AM

Prob next week from what I been hearing or seeing....2 weeks possible. When mark Larsen emailed me about it when I asked...he stated a few weeks to check back.

#5 AMonkeyWithAFez

AMonkeyWithAFez

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:00 AM

Now. You're looking at now, sir. Everything that happens now, is happening now.

What happened to then?

We passed then.

When?

Just now. We're at now now.

Go back to then.

When?

Now.

Now?

Now.

I can't.

Why?

We missed it.

When?

Just now.

When will then be now?

Soon.

How soon?

• That Blasted Samophlange, Rob.DavisRGG, OB-1 and 4 others like this

"So the combination is... one, two, three, four, five? That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!"

"That's amazing. I've got the same combination on my luggage."

#6 Traverser

Traverser

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:04 PM

I just can't help feeling pissed off. People already have it and the rest of us that didn't go to gencon get to sit here and wait. I just don't think it's fair to their fans.

#7 FangGrip

FangGrip

• Members
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:17 PM

I just can't help feeling pissed off. People already have it and the rest of us that didn't go to gencon get to sit here and wait. I just don't think it's fair to their fans.

It is even worse for their retail partners.  I was speaking to one of them earlier in the week and they just got the announcement in the distributor publication this month, and have had no information about the beta at all.

• ricking likes this

Check out a truly universal RPG with Free Starter Rules at www.AlphaChronicles.com!

Check out the Consummate Gamer Blog for everything that isn't Alpha Chronicles.

#8 Traverser

Traverser

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:07 PM

It is even worse for their retail partners.  I was speaking to one of them earlier in the week and they just got the announcement in the distributor publication this month, and have had no information about the beta at all.

My local store didn't get the Elder Sign expansion or the Edge of the Empire book for a month after they came out, I had to go find a store that somehow actually got them. I don't get how they think this is good business.

#9 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

Looking for a saint? Look elsewhere.

• Members
  • 4,276 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:50 PM

This was the exact same situation as last year when EotE came out, except those at GenCon that attended the InFlight Report seminar got a free copy of the EotE Beta, rubbing even more salt in the wound.

And considering the costs of badges and rooms and transportation, those of us that got our copies at GenCon have paid dearly for the "privilege" of having the book in our hands right now.

• Rob.DavisRGG likes this

Dono's Gaming & Etc Blog - http://jedimorningfire.blogspot.com/

"You worry about those drink vouchers, I'll worry about that bar tab!"

#10 Yivrael

Yivrael

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:45 PM

Stop selling  the Beta already...just fill that slot with a great adventure for EoTe or xwing and include the beta for free.  You'll gain more fans and people will preach how awesome you all are.  I mean do you really need $20 for that book lol, you'll earn more sales and create a broader deeper base of customers who see value in this amazing brand.  Your cross promotion with Xwing and LCG is just sick...but i think your failing at exploiting it.

#11 Traverser

Traverser

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:15 PM

This was the exact same situation as last year when EotE came out, except those at GenCon that attended the InFlight Report seminar got a free copy of the EotE Beta, rubbing even more salt in the wound.

And considering the costs of badges and rooms and transportation, those of us that got our copies at GenCon have paid dearly for the "privilege" of having the book in our hands right now.

That's cool and all, but you got to go to Gencon. I mean, that in itself is pretty awesome and a lot more fun than what I did that weekend. Regardless of where they sold it, they still sold it. It's printed and ready to go, so from the information I have there is no reason we shouldn't at least have a date as to when we can buy it. If there is a problem that is preventing that, then they should tell us. The best thing a company can do is communicate with their customers. 

Stop selling  the Beta already...just fill that slot with a great adventure for EoTe or xwing and include the beta for free.  You'll gain more fans and people will preach how awesome you all are.  I mean do you really need $20 for that book lol, you'll earn more sales and create a broader deeper base of customers who see value in this amazing brand.  Your cross promotion with Xwing and LCG is just sick...but i think your failing at exploiting it.

As much as that WOULD be awesome, it still costs money to print. Also, it's a great way to get paid for an unfinished project and not have to pay for beta testers themselves. It's greedy, yeah, but we still want it and pay for it.

#12 Desslok

Desslok

• Members
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:23 PM

My body is ready.

5b6.gif

Edited by Desslok, 22 August 2013 - 08:24 PM.

• diversionArchitect and SadPolarBear like this

#13 Split Light

Split Light

• Members
  • 471 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:07 PM

That is mildly disturbing.

• FreeXenon likes this

#14 Ineti

Ineti

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:04 PM

This is why game companies shouldn't offer release dates. They should just keep things on the DL and surprise the fans. 

And then they can sit back and read the "They didn't tell us this was coming!!" rants. No win scenario. ;) 

• Traverser likes this

#15 Split Light

Split Light

• Members
  • 471 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:14 PM

This is why game companies shouldn't offer release dates. They should just keep things on the DL and surprise the fans. 

And then they can sit back and read the "They didn't tell us this was coming!!" rants. No win scenario. ;)

In this case I don't think it's the release date thats angering people, it's the lack of one.  People are annoyed because the game has been sold to a small group of people, but the rest are having to wait with no idea when it will be released.

Currently a small group of players are inside the gamestore playing the game, while the vast majority are outside with their faces pressed against the windows watching forlornly from the snowy street, with no idea when they'll be let in out of the cold.

• Traverser likes this

#16 Chortles

Chortles

• Members
  • 821 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:49 PM

As importantly, it's those few fortunates who are able to offer first-hand, primary-source-informed feedback and thus influence the design of the final version of AoR...

Well, according to George Lucas, the Empire is intended to be bad guys and the Sith to be objectively evil.

Fans proceeded to immediately disregard his bull and have fun with the Empire and make believable characters left and right, and come up with sensible rationalizations east, west, north and south.

#17 Cilionelle

Cilionelle

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:50 PM

Prob next week from what I been hearing or seeing....2 weeks possible. When mark Larsen emailed me about it when I asked...he stated a few weeks to check back.

That's the reply I got too, prior to GenCon. So hopefully it's cliser than we think.
"There is no point to owning a copy of the rules if you aren't committed to actually reading them."

#18 MILLANDSON

MILLANDSON

Playtester

• Members
  • 3,357 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:45 AM

My local store didn't get the Elder Sign expansion or the Edge of the Empire book for a month after they came out, I had to go find a store that somehow actually got them. I don't get how they think this is good business.

Retailers usually buy from a distributor, not directly from FFG. If the retailer didn't buy copies in time for release, that's hardly FFG's fault.

• FreeXenon likes this

~Yea, Tho I Walk Through The Valley Of The Shadow Of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil~

Posts/views/opinions are in no way representative of FFG, and are entirely my own.

#19 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:45 AM

Currently a small group of players are inside the gamestore playing the game, while the vast majority are outside with their faces pressed against the windows watching forlornly from the snowy street, with no idea when they'll be let in out of the cold.

Going for high drama much? There are greater inequalities in life than having to wait two more weeks to get a luxury item.

• MILLANDSON and Jetpack like this

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody.

#20 Jetpack

Jetpack

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:04 AM

That is mildly disturbing.

Mildly?

• Cilionelle and FreeXenon like this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS