• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 divinityofnumber

divinityofnumber

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:28 PM

http://toucharcade.c...game-announced/

Star Wars LCG: FFG EC Regional 2014 - Top 4; Star Wars LCG: FFG Event Center Store Championship 2014 - Top 4; FFG Event Center Season One 2014 - Minneapolis Regional Game Night - Top 4; May the 4th Be With You 2013 - Second Chance Tournament Champion; A Game of Thrones LCG: Days of Ice and Fire 2013 - Joust Top 16

abUse the Force author on CardGameDB.com

#2 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:32 PM

No. FFG's license never included electronic games.

#3 divinityofnumber

divinityofnumber

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:36 PM

Right. But, what if this electronic version does well and they want to move it to paper. Then, they decide to go CCG with things and pull the plug on the LCG. It's reaching perhaps. But, I enjoy this game so much that I get paranoid about it ending. 

Star Wars LCG: FFG EC Regional 2014 - Top 4; Star Wars LCG: FFG Event Center Store Championship 2014 - Top 4; FFG Event Center Season One 2014 - Minneapolis Regional Game Night - Top 4; May the 4th Be With You 2013 - Second Chance Tournament Champion; A Game of Thrones LCG: Days of Ice and Fire 2013 - Joust Top 16

abUse the Force author on CardGameDB.com

#4 Torresse

Torresse

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:22 PM

lol, easy answer... dont buy it ;)

This is one of the main reasons Xwing is awesome! http://community.fan...ake-long/page-4

#5 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:42 PM

It's really in LFL's hands, I think, but it'd be unfortunate for legalese to determine the outcome. The two games appeal to completely different audiences: on the one hand you have the FFG game, which is non-collectible, L5Resque in its complexity, and focused strictly on the Original Trilogy; on the other, Konami's game is collectible, appears to be simple to learn and play, and draws material from all six films.

What's more disheartening, I feel, is the lack of any mention of the LCG in this article. As if the author is unaware of its existence. Now, this might be someone who specializes in software games only, but it's still a somewhat glaring omission. Does our game have limited visibility on the market?

• spalanzani likes this

#6 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:49 PM

I don't think there is much to worry about. Concur that this is designed for a different market of people.

Welcome to the machine!

#7 Wh0isTh3D0ct0r

Wh0isTh3D0ct0r

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:12 AM

Ummm...digital cards?? Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of a card game? (Maybe you need one iOS device for each card.)

Wait! I have an idea for a new Star Wars card game: just print some Star Wars screenshots on a bunch of cards, separate them into light side and dark side, and then throw them at each other. Whoever ends up with more of his/her cards faceup on the floor wins the game! Star Wars meets 52-card pick-up! :P

Or...for those who want to play a real Star Wars card game...the Star Wars LCG is AWESOME!!!

Edited by Wh0isTh3D0ct0r, 22 August 2013 - 10:13 AM.

• GroggyGolem likes this

X-Wing:

Spoiler
Netrunner:
Spoiler
Star Wars LCG:
Spoiler

#8 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 812 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:35 AM

What's more disheartening, I feel, is the lack of any mention of the LCG in this article. As if the author is unaware of its existence. Now, this might be someone who specializes in software games only, but it's still a somewhat glaring omission. Does our game have limited visibility on the market?

The only thing I can say is I am a fairly regular follower of theforce.net, where the most recent update is the release of Search for Skywalker. X-Wing and the RPG have had a slightly larger exposure, but as one of the biggest "fansites" around, it does have distressingly little info on the tabletop games compared with those for video games. 

Maybe the more average Star Wars fan is more into video games than tabletop games?

www.spalanz.com - everything you never wanted to know about me, in one place.

#9 bobafett012

bobafett012

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:13 PM

if thats the case i certainly wish they would put out some star wars video games that are actually worth a damn.  I don't think i have played a single star wars game that i felt was worth the DVD it was printed on since the knights of the old republic series.

• Chrome likes this

#10 Leia Hourglass

Leia Hourglass

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:59 PM

I checked this game out. Its childsplay compared to the LCG

#11 shaggscoob

shaggscoob

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:38 AM

I play these types of games all the time, they're not really card games, but more like super crappy rpgs. I wouldn't worry at all about its impact on this game.

Edited by shaggscoob, 23 August 2013 - 12:39 AM.

#12 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:12 AM

if thats the case i certainly wish they would put out some star wars video games that are actually worth a damn.  I don't think i have played a single star wars game that i felt was worth the DVD it was printed on since the knights of the old republic series.

Don't forget the TIE Fighter remake, or Star Wars: 1313.

Oh wait...those never happened.

#13 GroggyGolem

GroggyGolem

• Members
  • 783 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:30 AM

It's okay MarthWMaster.... cuz Battlefront.

Rebels: 3 X-Wing, 1 Y-Wing, 1 A-Wing, 1 B-Wing, 1 YT-1300

Imperials: 5 TIE/LN, 1 TIE/ADV, 1 TIE/IN, 1 Firespray-31

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS