Do dice stickers come with this beta?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 fjw70

fjw70

• Members
  • 559 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:34 PM

Haven't heard anything and not really needed since dice are out now but just curious.

#2 Ineti

Ineti

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:38 PM

No, no dice stickers. Presumably because dice are available. The book does have a chart to use to convert regular d6, d8, and d12 results into this game's dice symbols.

#3 copperbell

copperbell

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:46 AM

Actually that would be handy if they did.

#4 eldath

eldath

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:38 AM

You could download the pdf from http://www.fantasyfl...idm=19#eotebeta

I found that printing it out on label sheets worked a treat. I have to say that the official dice are much better though.

E

#5 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

Looking for a saint? Look elsewhere.

• Members
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:44 AM

There's really not much of a need for FFG to do the dice sticker thing this time around.  The dice are for sale, something that wasn't the case with the EotE Beta, plus there's the dice roller app for your smartphone.  There's even a couple of homemade online dice roller sites that are free to use.

Dono's Gaming & Etc Blog - http://jedimorningfire.blogspot.com/

"You worry about those drink vouchers, I'll worry about that bar tab!"

#6 pks

pks

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:01 AM

You can also download the dice sticker sheet in PDF form from the FFG website, then print and cut them out at home on sticker paper. 

#7 aramis

aramis

• Members
  • 977 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:38 PM

My diceroller page just needs the page and the font. Put them into the same directory, and away you go. It works on my tablet that way. Further, it's the only one I've seen that has been tested to work on your Gameboy DS... ;)

#8 Jedi Master Gunner

Jedi Master Gunner

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:17 AM

I had the Edge of the Empire Beta and started playing a year ago. I bought blank dice from my brick and mortar game store. It cost $21, and it took about 2 hours to put the stickers on the correct faces.

Buying the FFG official dice cost $15 and no time.

I'd suggest buying the dice.

#9 Internutt

Internutt

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:03 AM

Yeah, at this stage it's easier to either use the chart in the book or buy the app/physical dice at retail.

#10 awayputurwpn

awayputurwpn

• Members
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:44 PM

The stickers were great for a good several games, but I immediately and happily replaced them with the app when it became available, peeled all the stickers off my polyhedrals, and never looked back :)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS