What's next?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 worldeater33

worldeater33

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:36 PM

Hello again everyone. I just got 2 core sets and I absolutely love the game. Looking for some advice on what to pick up next. I have some experience with LCG's, and I prefer to collect the deluxe expansions first. I have my eye on the secrets of arkham expansion as I have heard that it contains 2 copies of each card. I was wondering if this was true. I feel that 2 cards is sufficient for deck building. Buying a third core set doesn't seem like the best use of my gaming budget. I'm open to opinions on this subject and what more experienced players think. I was also wondering if there were certain sets that I should avoid if they only contain 1 copy of each card.

Edited by worldeater33, 21 August 2013 - 01:41 PM.

#2 TheProfessor

TheProfessor

• Members
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:16 AM

Secrets of Arkham has 2 copies of each, the other deluxe sets have 3 copies of each.

#3 dboeren

dboeren

• Members
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:29 PM

Contains 1x copies:  Core set, very very old asylum packs (hard to find now)

Contains 2x copies:  Secrets of Arkham

Contains 3x copies:  Everything else

So basically just avoid any asylum packs that way they come with 40 cards.  You may find them on dusty shelves at local stores, but not much online anymore.  All packs have been reprinted in 3x format except the Dreamlands cycle and those are on the schedule.

#4 sepayne7l

sepayne7l

• Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:59 PM

One suggestion is to try to keep track in some way the expansions you've purchased. After a while the illustration and titles of the expansions decks kind of sound alike (at least for me).

As far as advise goes, the Silver Twilight expansion will give you a new faction. But, I think you should buy whatever deck looks interesting to you.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS