Bodyguards?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 venkelos

venkelos

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:13 AM

What might a good build for this character type be? Obviously, hope for some carapace armor, someday, and have some good Toughness, but I don't remember a talent like Draw Fire or In Harm's Way, some "my body as a shield" abilities from other games, nor is one of the Advanced Specs in Hammer "Bodyguard" (that would be too easy). While these characters might not be far enough up the totem pole yet, they could some day aspire to be a bodyguard for the Company Commander, whether that be the current officer they are grouped with, as they both elevate up the ranks, or some other Commander, who hand-picks them for their skill and dedication.

If you want to be the soldier, Ogryn or Human, who makes sure the other soldiers survive to do their roles (think Jarran Kell or Nork Deddog), as well as absorb a good hit, what are some good plans to make?

#2 Ghaundan

Ghaundan

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:15 AM

Sounds like you're talking about the stormtrooper.

#3 Spinner

Spinner

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:20 AM

Agreed. He even gets an ability to dive into incoming fire!

#4 venkelos

venkelos

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:34 AM

Hmm...I missed/forgot that one. It's not quite the plan I was looking at, which was more a trained soldier, and not the "best of the best" trained for the worst Stormtroopers, but yes, it certainly would work. I don't usually envision a Storm trooper being ordered to bodyguard, but then I also don't usually envision one walking with a group of "regular" Guardsmen, so if I can accept one, why not both?

#5 Ghaundan

Ghaundan

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:41 PM

Actually, stormtroopers are often used as bodyguards for highranking officers. For more meatshieldy stuff...well you don't use carapace for that.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS