Photo

Tantive IV and Rebel Transport (FFG Article)

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 Deltmi

Deltmi

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:12 PM

In case you didn't see today's posting about the upcoming rebel large ships

http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=4312

It looks like the transport will come with a wealth of new cards that can be used for regular game play. I wasn't planning on buying the ship, but if it comes with the X-wing variant AND new cards I just might have to...

Edited by Deltmi, 20 August 2013 - 04:18 PM.

Rebel Alliance: 4 [X-Wings], 2 [Y-Wings], 2 [A-Wings], 3 [B-Wings], 2 [HWK-290], 1 [YT-1300]

Empire: 7 [Tie Fighters], 3 [Tie Advanced], 3 [Tie Interceptors], 3 [Tie Bombers], 1 [Firespray-31], 1 [Lambda Shuttle], 1 [Imperial Aces]

#2 Picasso

Picasso

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:17 PM

I'm excited for Wes Janson.

• aadh likes this

#3 Emrico

Emrico

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:22 PM

Very cool!  And since it said 4 new pilots, that means we either get two other new named, or two new generics in addition to Janson and Porkins.  Sweet!!!  Hoping one of them is a PS5 Generic Rogue...

Jim

• Parakitor likes this
Rebels: 3 YT-1300s, 4 X-Wings, 5 Y-Wings, 6 A-Wings, 6 B-Wings, 4 HWK-290s<p>Imperials: 8 TIEs, 4 TIE Adv, 12 TIE Interceptors, 3 Firesprays, 6 TIE Bombers, 5 Lambdas

#4 RookiePilot

RookiePilot

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:28 PM

Well, if one of them is a Rogue Squadron Pilot, I sure hope the other one is too... I wouldn't want to have to get four or more transports just to get a Rogue Squadron.

Other cards too, I do believe some people are not goi g to be happy about this. But the Cinematic battles and other aspect of these ship seems to indicate FFG has done their homework to fit these guys in to the game without breaking it! I'm excited about these new products and wondering if more are on the horizon.

#5 Barbus

Barbus

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:40 PM

I'm more excited with that "hese are special additions to the X-Wing line and will not supplant or disrupt our next wave of starship expansions (details of which will be announced at a later date)"

I thought large ships are going to postpone release date of W4 at least. It appears they are not. Maybe Q4 like originally W2?

Edited by Barbus, 20 August 2013 - 05:09 PM.

#6 jedi moose

jedi moose

• Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:58 PM

While the Rebel transport is only legal in the game’s Cinematic Play and Epic tournament formats, the rest of the expansion is likely to make its impact upon the standard game with five different upgrade options, a new X-wing miniature, and four new X-wing pilots, including Jek Porkins and Rebel ace Wes Janson.

My heart sank a little when i read this. Don't get me wrong, these huge ships look awesome and i am totally psyched that they are being released. But i probably won't buy one (at least not anytime soon). I simply don't get to play enough or for long enough chucks of time to fit in Epic or cinematic  battles. But i really want these other X-wing pilots and upgrades. Am i to be penalized for not wanting to shell out $60 for a single x-wing and related cards (and a nice rebel transport ship that will get stuck in my closet)? Back in my single days i would have blown the money and stuck that beautiful ship up as decoration in my room. I would have taken it off that shelf daily to gawk at it if i didn't have the time to play. But these toys don't really go with the way my wife has decorated. "Honey that is a lovely candle, but you know what would look better on that shelf..."

I really hope FFG will release these pilots/upgrades as a stand alone expansion, but i fear that will not be the case.

Rant is over now. Carry on with the lovefest for these awesome ships :)

• Jfitz1431 and Caedus like this

#7 Deltmi

Deltmi

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:02 PM

While the Rebel transport is only legal in the game’s Cinematic Play and Epic tournament formats, the rest of the expansion is likely to make its impact upon the standard game with five different upgrade options, a new X-wing miniature, and four new X-wing pilots, including Jek Porkins and Rebel ace Wes Janson.

My heart sank a little when i read this. Don't get me wrong, these huge ships look awesome and i am totally psyched that they are being released. But i probably won't buy one (at least not anytime soon). I simply don't get to play enough or for long enough chucks of time to fit in Epic or cinematic  battles. But i really want these other X-wing pilots and upgrades. Am i to be penalized for not wanting to shell out $60 for a single x-wing and related cards (and a nice rebel transport ship that will get stuck in my closet)? Back in my single days i would have blown the money and stuck that beautiful ship up as decoration in my room. I would have taken it off that shelf daily to gawk at it if i didn't have the time to play. But these toys don't really go with the way my wife has decorated. "Honey that is a lovely candle, but you know what would look better on that shelf..."

I really hope FFG will release these pilots/upgrades as a stand alone expansion, but i fear that will not be the case.

Wife: Oh, you bought ANOTHER spaceship?

Me: Well, it's for expanded X-wing play and I really wanted the new cards...

Wife: ... Well I guess I can buy a new purse then...

Me: *smack forehead*

• lightofhand, The_Big_Show, Digitalkiller and 2 others like this

Rebel Alliance: 4 [X-Wings], 2 [Y-Wings], 2 [A-Wings], 3 [B-Wings], 2 [HWK-290], 1 [YT-1300]

Empire: 7 [Tie Fighters], 3 [Tie Advanced], 3 [Tie Interceptors], 3 [Tie Bombers], 1 [Firespray-31], 1 [Lambda Shuttle], 1 [Imperial Aces]

#8 cert13

cert13

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:04 PM

So by the sounds of the article does any one else read an Imperial mirror version of these ships?

• aadh likes this

Wedge Antilles: The only character from the original series that appears in all three movies, has only one costume, and still manages to help destroy TWO Death Stars.

#9 jedi moose

jedi moose

• Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:06 PM

Replace "purse" with "shoes and you pretty much got it. Ha

#10 cert13

cert13

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:10 PM

Replace "purse" with "shoes and you pretty much got it. Ha

Tell her they are book ends and then you can display your "interesting collection" of Blue Rays.

Wedge Antilles: The only character from the original series that appears in all three movies, has only one costume, and still manages to help destroy TWO Death Stars.

#11 KILODEN

KILODEN

• Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:18 PM

dude, this is what you do, troll ebay, i am sure someone will be splitting these ships up to sell.

Is it dangerous? Only a little incredibly so.    May JAR JAR haunt your dreams!!      Imperial = 21 TIE's / 10 Interceptors / 5 Advanced TIE / 3 Firespray / 4 TIE bombers / 2 Shuttle<p>Rebels = 12 XWings / 5 AWings / 1 YT1300 / 1 HWK / 3 BWings / 4 YWing

#12 KILODEN

KILODEN

• Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:22 PM

and dude, funny thing happened to me, my buddy told me that spikybits had just gotten in some more xwing miniatures, so i jumped on line with my phone and bought 3 more interceptors. i texted my buddy the following:

"dude you are an a$$ for tellin me about the ships, i had to buy 3"

then after a few minutes i get a response:

"was that meant for someone else? guess i can go by a new outfit"

that was from my wife.

lesson- always make sure you are texting the right person before you hit send.

:(

• Deltmi likes this

Is it dangerous? Only a little incredibly so.    May JAR JAR haunt your dreams!!      Imperial = 21 TIE's / 10 Interceptors / 5 Advanced TIE / 3 Firespray / 4 TIE bombers / 2 Shuttle<p>Rebels = 12 XWings / 5 AWings / 1 YT1300 / 1 HWK / 3 BWings / 4 YWing

#13 jedi moose

jedi moose

• Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:27 PM

dude, this is what you do, troll ebay, i am sure someone will be splitting these ships up to sell.

good idea. Although with the way scalpers jack up the prices on ebay for this game it might be cheaper to buy the transport new from MM or coolstuff (assuming they have their usual price below MSRP).

#14 Darth Landy

Darth Landy

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:38 PM

This is a fantastic announcement.  I think adding new levels of play is great for the game.  I'm probably going to get the transport first since I really want that X-Wing and the four new pilots, but Tantive IV seems pretty sweet as well -- especially if Leia can also be used on the Falcon.  Still, I think the transport might be the better value just because of all the new pilots.

Rebel Alliance: A-Wing (x3), B-Wing (x3), HWK-290 (x2), X-Wing (x4), YT-1300 (x2), Y-Wing (x1)
Galactic Empire: Firespray-31 (x2), Lambda Shuttle (x2), Tie Advanced (x1), TIE Bomber (x3), TIE Fighter (x8), TIE Interceptor (x2)

#15 Parakitor

Parakitor

• Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:42 PM

I know lots of people have said, it but I have to say it, too: Wes Janson! Wes Janson!!!

#16 GrandMoffMatt

GrandMoffMatt

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:59 PM

I am buying this regardless of whether or not I play with it.  I just think it looks really neat.

• Xavant likes this

#17 KILODEN

KILODEN

• Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:09 PM

Didn't porkins die at Yavin?

#18 General Mayhem

General Mayhem

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:23 PM

I'm in the same boat and  man is it sinking :(

Current fleet
Rebels: 6 X-wings, 4 Y-wings, 3 A-wings, 2 YT-1300, 2 B-wings, 2 HWK-290
Empire: 10 Ties, 2 Tie ad, 8 Tie In, 1 Firespray, 3 Tie Bombers, 1 Lambda

#19 Deltmi

Deltmi

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:26 PM

Didn't porkins die at Yavin?

So did Biggs, Garven, and Dutch. But these guys are the OG starpilots. I think they get a pass.

Edited by Deltmi, 20 August 2013 - 06:28 PM.

• Xavant likes this

#20 dojimaster

dojimaster

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:06 PM

So... buy one, take out what you want and sell the rest on Ebay.  I don't need/want mutiple sets of identical cards, but I will want more than one  transport.

Edited by dojimaster, 20 August 2013 - 07:06 PM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS