Mark Harrigan

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Joseph_Lavode

Joseph_Lavode

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:16 PM

Couple quick Mark related questions. If Mark fails his personal story he loses one sanity each time he enters the graveyard. Does this happen if a gate is there?

Mark cannot be arrested, if an encounter reads that he is arrested and taken to the police station, does the second part still happen, or is it a package deal?

Mark cannot be delayed, does he spend one less turn LiTaS?

Thanks! Coming back to AH after about 2 years of not being able to play, and I find I've forgotten a lot, if in fact I ever had the answers on these ones. :P

#2 Zapranoth

Zapranoth

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:06 PM

>Couple quick Mark related questions. If Mark fails his personal story he loses one sanity each time he >enters the graveyard. Does this happen if a gate is there?

>

>Mark cannot be arrested, if an encounter reads that he is arrested and taken to the police station, does >the second part still happen, or is it a package deal?

>

>Mark cannot be delayed, does he spend one less turn LiTaS?

Each time he "enters the Graveyard" he loses a sanity, so yes, if a gate is there, he'd lose a sanity "entering the Graveyard" to go into the gate contained there.

If Mark draws an "arrested then taken" card, he can't be arrested, so I'd rule he is not taken anywhere either.

If Lost in Time and Space, well, just read here

http://community.fan...showtopic=49713

Edited by Zapranoth, 19 August 2013 - 11:06 PM.

#3 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:57 AM

a) agreed. The point is entering the Graveyard. The gate is in the Graveyard, so he has to enter it, hence he loses the Sanity (but I won't have him losing Sanity upon returning to a Graveyard gate from an OW location)

(I'd love to hear from Avi or Tibs on this one, though)

b) he's arrested and then taken to the police station, but if he can't be arrested, he's not taken to the police station, so, basically, he stays where he is

c) a good and interesting thread! Go read it!

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#4 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,588 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:54 PM

a) Although a gate replaces its specific location, consider the situation where there's a gate at the Graveyard and you have an encounter somewhere that says "go to the Graveyard and have an encounter there." We know that you're not disallowed from going there, so it must still be the Graveyard. So I'd say he still loses the sanity.

b) "Arrested and taken to the Police Station" is just redundant wording.

c) Zap's provided a link to a thread that I've contributed to (and long forgotten about). Go check it out!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS