• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Whitman

Whitman

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:17 PM

Dear FFG

LotR LCG is one of my favourite games, but the card ratios in the core set are so frustrating. Could you please consider releasing a Print on Demand pack that contains extra copies of all the cards of which there are fewer than three copies in the core set?

I, for one, would happily buy such a product to get play-sets of all those cards. I know many players have shelled out for a second core set, but I have a limited gaming budget and I primarily play solo. As such, a second core set represents limited value for money for me (and wouldn't even get me full play-sets). Being able to pick up those cards alone would add to my core set deck-building options without breaking the bank.

I hope you will consider my idea as a cost effective solution to what is a relatively common player gripe.

Whitman

#2 richsabre

richsabre

the REAL Gandalf.....

• Members
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:42 PM

hello

if you want this noticed i would post this in the main section.

rich

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#3 Whitman

Whitman

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:48 PM

Not a bad idea, rich. Cheers!

#4 roguefrog

roguefrog

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:40 AM

You can always use proxies.  Unlike normal CCGs you can't really go to a card shop and buy singles for LCGs.  Kind of annoying when certain cards like Gandalf are auto-include in every deck.

Edited by roguefrog, 28 August 2013 - 02:41 AM.

#5 Xaanalinos

Xaanalinos

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:35 AM

Thats not true. Usualy i dont pick up Gandalf unless i have 6 free spots in mine deck (for 3 sneak attacks and 3 gandalf) So simply Gandalf is only in certain leadership decks.

#6 Whitman

Whitman

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:40 AM

I look forward to the day my card pool makes Gandalf redundant! (I'm sure he does, too. That guy puts in some hard miles!) With just one core set and Hunt For Gollum, however, Gandalf still has plenty of work left to do in my decks.

#7 roguefrog

roguefrog

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:31 PM

Thats not true. Usualy i dont pick up Gandalf unless i have 6 free spots in mine deck (for 3 sneak attacks and 3 gandalf) So simply Gandalf is only in certain leadership decks.

The sneak attack combo is nice but I'd argue Gandalf is the awesome sauce of any deck.  

#8 Xaanalinos

Xaanalinos

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:59 PM

The most problem with Gandalf is that he is cost 5 and he have to be discarded after turn. Instead of Gandalf most of time u can buy 2 characters that could last longer (for example Fili + Kili(ability of Fili) + any dwarf for 2 cost). In Outland Deck u can buy 3 or even 5 characters for 5 resources(and if other than leadership u can draw cards if u get Lord of Morthond). Thats why i dont realy enjoy Gandalf.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS