Starship Reference Sheets

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Fabs

Fabs

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:22 AM

First, let me apologise for asking for this, but I've been trawling through the forums to try to find some great PDFs that someone linked, and I failed to bookmark (or find again). They were PDFs of the different ships with their stats, and a breakdown of each action any player could take from the different stations.
I'm sure they'll prove to be somewhere obvious, but if someone could point out a link it would be very much appreciated.

#2 themensch

themensch

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:30 AM

You're probably looking for the excellent blog Triumph & Despair, here's the link you need:

http://triumphdespai...p-layout-guide/

• Fabs and JonTheBold like this

#3 Skie

Skie

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:12 AM

Something like that, but for YT-2400 would be so great!

#4 Gargi

Gargi

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:05 AM

You're probably looking for the excellent blog Triumph & Despair, here's the link you need:

Thanks for that link! These ones are great!

#5 Fabs

Fabs

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:34 AM

Thanks, that was the ones :)

And annoyingly, Triumph & Despair was one of the places i checking thinking that was were the sheets were. Obviously my eyesight is as bad as my memory :(

#6 themensch

themensch

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:01 AM

And annoyingly, Triumph & Despair was one of the places i checking thinking that was were the sheets were. Obviously my eyesight is as bad as my memory :(

Don't feel too bad, I knew exactly where they were and I couldn't find them on his blog quickly, either.  

#7 SteelePhoenix

SteelePhoenix

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:46 PM

Be careful not all of the details on these sheets are correct.

#8 Kallabecca

Kallabecca

• Members
  • 685 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:51 PM

Anything more specific about what is incorrect?

#9 Doc, the Weasel

Doc, the Weasel

Pretending to be many, many things.

• Members
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:25 PM

Something like that, but for YT-2400 would be so great!

I've had an eye out for YT-2400, and I've seen a bunch of different designs. Only a few make any sense. Why someone would think that the engine room is in the front, while the bunks are in the back (by .... wait for it .... the engine), is beyond me.

The best one I've seen – from the perspective of making sense – is not at all attractive. 

Edited by Doc, the Weasel, 19 August 2013 - 10:26 PM.

Listen to my actual play podcasts at BeggingForXP.com.

Take a look at my Talent Trees (updated to include Dangerous Covenants), as well as my other handouts.

#10 SteelePhoenix

SteelePhoenix

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:58 PM

Anything more specific about what is incorrect?

Gunnery area difficulty is based upon distance instead of silhouette, damage control doesn't mention repairing system strain, boost shield success bonus was wrong, Gain the Advantage isn't listed.  That was all on the YT1300 page.  Didn't look closely at the others.

#11 IceBear

IceBear

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:56 AM

I wasn't in the beta, but I wonder if that's what they were made for.  I am wondering this based on this sentence:

"Moreover, I hope that the benefits of the Firespray, and its unique ability to Gain the Advantage due to its higher speed, will be better spelled out for all interested parties."

Hopefully they will be updated as I like the idea

#12 CStevenRoss

CStevenRoss

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:48 PM

Well helllo there!

Fabs: Thanks for linking my starship sheets. They've proven very handy for me at my home games, and I hope they do the same for you. I know there's a lot of text sprawled out on T&D, so I put in there a search button, "Search Your Feelings", to help people zero in on what they're looking for.

Mensch: This guy, what a Mensch! It's weird seeing you on multiple platforms (G+, here, etc.) It's like you're a real person.

SteelPhoenix: Thanks for pointinhg out the errors that fell through the cracks. Some of the stuff is nitpicky, but I think we can all agree that we prefer accurate gaming aids and dislike sloppiness. I would like to say that they were due to, yes, these sheets being designed under the Beta rules, but I'm honestly not 100% sure that's why they are incorrect. Maybe I just goofed? Anyway, next time, kindly please post comments at the place you found the material, that way the author knows right away what got F-'ed up.

Gain the Advantage: Only available in starships capable of Speed 4 or higher. I know there are a few Talents that boost Speed, but I felt that was more a corner case and shouldn't be on the default starship sheet.

To the point! I will be updating all of my starship sheets tomorrow morning. My access to a computer that doesn't block the FFG forums is kind of limited, so I wanted to write something now before everyone forgot about this and moved on.

Doc the Weasel: In response to popular demand and just overall utility; yes! There will be a YT-2400 sheet included in the update. Also Y-Wings, which is very handy to have when running an Age of Rebellion campaign. Oh you'll see, you'll all see!

Edited by CStevenRoss, 21 August 2013 - 05:49 PM.

• OB-1 likes this

#13 OB-1

OB-1

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:01 PM

Well helllo there!

Thanks for sharing your most excellent work. I believe it goes a long way to ease players in the slightly more complicated starship combat rules, without overwhelming them with information, and thus helping to make the game more fun for all participants.

I will most certainly use it next session!
"General Kenobi: Years ago you served my father in the Clone Wars (...)"

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS