Music for atmosphere?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Millennium Falsehood

Millennium Falsehood

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:40 AM

I do this a lot: pull out my computer, open up my ripped tracks of ANH, then set "The Battle of Yavin" on repeat. It really adds a lot to the battle and makes it feel a lot more epic. You really can't separate the music from Star Wars, considering it's such an important part of the movies. Has anyone else done this?

Rebel Alliance: 5 X-wings, 2 Y-wings, 4 A-wings, 1 YT-1300, 2 HWK-290s, 3 B-wings

Galactic Empire: 6 TIE Fighters, 1 TIE Advanced, 3 TIE Interceptors, 2 Firespray-31s, 1 Lambda class Shuttle, 3 TIE Bombers

"Main characters defeat a Star Trek villain? Give 'em a Star Wars celebration!"

#2 Parakitor

Parakitor

• Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:09 AM

I put on lots of different Star Wars music, but my favorite is using the X-wing vs. TIE fighter game disc in my CD player. The second track is a 20 minute medley of a lot of the John Williams music used in the game. It brings back good memories of playing those video games as a kid, and really enhances the atmosphere while playing the X-wing miniatures game.

I'll have to try putting "The Battle of Yavin" on repeat, but I'm afraid it might become boring.

#3 KnightShift

KnightShift

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:32 PM

On my iPad I have all three Star Wars original trilogy 2-disc soundtracks, the TIE Fighter soundtrack, and tracks of the battle music from both X-Wing and TIE Fighter.  Along with a playlist with selections from each.  Start it on the iPad, crank up the volume and play away!! :-)

#4 Ken-Obi

Ken-Obi

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:12 PM

Here's my playlist (I need to add another track or 2 since it's just a little too short):

Main Title/Rebel Blockade Runner (IV)

The Imperial March (V)

The Tractor Beam/Chasm Crossfire (IV)

The Battle of Yavin (IV)

The Throne Room/End Title (IV)

The Battle of Hoth (V)

The Asteroid Field (V)

The Pit of Carkoon/Sail Barge (VI)

The Battle of Endor I (VI)

The Lightsaber/The Ewok Battle (VI)

The Battle of Endor II (VI)

The Battle of Endor III (VI)

#5 Parakitor

Parakitor

• Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:16 PM

I love the original trilogy music, but when I fly Firespray I love listening to "Bounty Hunter's Pursuit" and "Jango's Escape" from Attack of the Clones. The opening track on the Revenge of the Sith soundtrack is also excellent dogfighting music.

#6 RedWilde

RedWilde

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:34 PM

Most all of my gaming is in local stores, so I don't get to set the soundtrack.  But for getting psyched up on my way to tournaments, I pop in the old classic Star Wars And Other Galactic Funk by Meco into the CD player in the Catmobile =^,^=

• Deltmi likes this

#7 Breaking The Law

Breaking The Law

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:11 PM

I play in a friends basement, so we have been listening to a lot of Hank 3 lately.

#8 RealGenius

RealGenius

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:54 AM

I'm glad I'm not the only one with an X-Wing playlist. :)

I usually play at FLGS, but play the soundtrack on my iPad.
  • berusplants likes this

#9 Millennium Falsehood

Millennium Falsehood

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:40 PM

Here's my playlist (I need to add another track or 2 since it's just a little too short):

Main Title/Rebel Blockade Runner (IV)

The Imperial March (V)

The Tractor Beam/Chasm Crossfire (IV)

The Battle of Yavin (IV)

The Throne Room/End Title (IV)

The Battle of Hoth (V)

The Asteroid Field (V)

The Pit of Carkoon/Sail Barge (VI)

The Battle of Endor I (VI)

The Lightsaber/The Ewok Battle (VI)

The Battle of Endor II (VI)

The Battle of Endor III (VI)

You could always add "TIE Fighter Attack" (the version without the death of Obi-Wan) to the ANH section, right before The Battle of Yavin and maybe stick Battle Over Coruscant from the RotS soundtrack in between The Throne Room and the Battle of Hoth. I tried your soundtrack out with these modifications and it sounds good to me.

Rebel Alliance: 5 X-wings, 2 Y-wings, 4 A-wings, 1 YT-1300, 2 HWK-290s, 3 B-wings

Galactic Empire: 6 TIE Fighters, 1 TIE Advanced, 3 TIE Interceptors, 2 Firespray-31s, 1 Lambda class Shuttle, 3 TIE Bombers

"Main characters defeat a Star Trek villain? Give 'em a Star Wars celebration!"

#10 Wookie Hunter

Wookie Hunter

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:04 AM

I just put on my entire 6 cd set of the Star Wars set I have on infinite loop.  Turn off when game is done.

8 Tie Fighter's, 2 Tie Advanced, 4 Tie Interceptor's, 2 Firespray's, 2 Shuttle's, 4 Tie Bomber's

6 X-Wing's, 2 Y-Wing's, 4 A-Wing's, 2 YT-1300's, 4 B-Wing's, 3 Hawk 290's

and counting......

#11 GroggyGolem

GroggyGolem

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:30 PM

There is an incredibly large soundboard on StarWars.com you can use for both music and sound effects. I actually just played yesterday with a family member and used a soundboard on my phone for effects. It's fun.

Rebels: 3 X-Wing, 1 Y-Wing, 1 A-Wing, 1 B-Wing, 1 YT-1300

Imperials: 5 TIE/LN, 1 TIE/ADV, 1 TIE/IN, 1 Firespray-31

#12 JCDisaray

JCDisaray

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:53 PM

There is an incredibly large soundboard on StarWars.com you can use for both music and sound effects. I actually just played yesterday with a family member and used a soundboard on my phone for effects. It's fun.

That is awesome!  Though did you see a Battle for Endor in that list?  Would like to get some of the other fighter flyby sounds.

#13 GroggyGolem

GroggyGolem

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:53 PM

I'm not seeing anything for the Battle of Endor but it does have the Battles of Yavin and Hoth. Take a look, I may have missed the Battle of Endor one. 

http://starwars.com/...ards/index.html

Rebels: 3 X-Wing, 1 Y-Wing, 1 A-Wing, 1 B-Wing, 1 YT-1300

Imperials: 5 TIE/LN, 1 TIE/ADV, 1 TIE/IN, 1 Firespray-31

#14 TheKestrel

TheKestrel

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:51 AM

Got a little sick of Star Wars music after a while, so now I'm in a Mass Effect phase while I play.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS