Music for atmosphere?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Millennium Falsehood

Millennium Falsehood

• Members
  • 909 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:40 AM

I do this a lot: pull out my computer, open up my ripped tracks of ANH, then set "The Battle of Yavin" on repeat. It really adds a lot to the battle and makes it feel a lot more epic. You really can't separate the music from Star Wars, considering it's such an important part of the movies. Has anyone else done this?

Rebel Alliance: 7 X-wings, 4 Y-wings, 4 A-wings, 1 YT-1300, 2 HWK-290s, 3 B-wings, 1 GR-75, 1 CR-90

Galactic Empire: 6 TIE Fighters, 1 TIE Advanced, 2 Firespray-31s, 1 Lambda class Shuttle, 3 TIE Bombers

"Main characters defeat a Star Trek villain? Give 'em a Star Wars celebration!"

#2 Parakitor

Parakitor

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:09 AM

I put on lots of different Star Wars music, but my favorite is using the X-wing vs. TIE fighter game disc in my CD player. The second track is a 20 minute medley of a lot of the John Williams music used in the game. It brings back good memories of playing those video games as a kid, and really enhances the atmosphere while playing the X-wing miniatures game.

I'll have to try putting "The Battle of Yavin" on repeat, but I'm afraid it might become boring.

"That starship won't fly, Bastila."

#3 KnightShift

KnightShift

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:32 PM

On my iPad I have all three Star Wars original trilogy 2-disc soundtracks, the TIE Fighter soundtrack, and tracks of the battle music from both X-Wing and TIE Fighter.  Along with a playlist with selections from each.  Start it on the iPad, crank up the volume and play away!! :-)

#4 Ken-Obi

Ken-Obi

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:12 PM

Here's my playlist (I need to add another track or 2 since it's just a little too short):

Main Title/Rebel Blockade Runner (IV)

The Imperial March (V)

The Tractor Beam/Chasm Crossfire (IV)

The Battle of Yavin (IV)

The Throne Room/End Title (IV)

The Battle of Hoth (V)

The Asteroid Field (V)

The Pit of Carkoon/Sail Barge (VI)

The Battle of Endor I (VI)

The Lightsaber/The Ewok Battle (VI)

The Battle of Endor II (VI)

The Battle of Endor III (VI)

#5 Parakitor

Parakitor

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:16 PM

I love the original trilogy music, but when I fly Firespray I love listening to "Bounty Hunter's Pursuit" and "Jango's Escape" from Attack of the Clones. The opening track on the Revenge of the Sith soundtrack is also excellent dogfighting music.

"That starship won't fly, Bastila."

#6 RedWilde

RedWilde

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:34 PM

Most all of my gaming is in local stores, so I don't get to set the soundtrack.  But for getting psyched up on my way to tournaments, I pop in the old classic Star Wars And Other Galactic Funk by Meco into the CD player in the Catmobile =^,^=

• Deltmi likes this

#7 Breaking The Law

Breaking The Law

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:11 PM

I play in a friends basement, so we have been listening to a lot of Hank 3 lately.

#8 RealGenius

RealGenius

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:54 AM

I'm glad I'm not the only one with an X-Wing playlist. :)

I usually play at FLGS, but play the soundtrack on my iPad.
  • berusplants likes this

#9 Millennium Falsehood

Millennium Falsehood

• Members
  • 909 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:40 PM

Here's my playlist (I need to add another track or 2 since it's just a little too short):

Main Title/Rebel Blockade Runner (IV)

The Imperial March (V)

The Tractor Beam/Chasm Crossfire (IV)

The Battle of Yavin (IV)

The Throne Room/End Title (IV)

The Battle of Hoth (V)

The Asteroid Field (V)

The Pit of Carkoon/Sail Barge (VI)

The Battle of Endor I (VI)

The Lightsaber/The Ewok Battle (VI)

The Battle of Endor II (VI)

The Battle of Endor III (VI)

You could always add "TIE Fighter Attack" (the version without the death of Obi-Wan) to the ANH section, right before The Battle of Yavin and maybe stick Battle Over Coruscant from the RotS soundtrack in between The Throne Room and the Battle of Hoth. I tried your soundtrack out with these modifications and it sounds good to me.

Rebel Alliance: 7 X-wings, 4 Y-wings, 4 A-wings, 1 YT-1300, 2 HWK-290s, 3 B-wings, 1 GR-75, 1 CR-90

Galactic Empire: 6 TIE Fighters, 1 TIE Advanced, 2 Firespray-31s, 1 Lambda class Shuttle, 3 TIE Bombers

"Main characters defeat a Star Trek villain? Give 'em a Star Wars celebration!"

#10 Wookie Hunter

Wookie Hunter

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:04 AM

I just put on my entire 6 cd set of the Star Wars set I have on infinite loop.  Turn off when game is done.

8 Tie Fighter's, 2 Tie Advanced, 4 Tie Interceptor's, 4 Royal Guard Tie Interceptor's, 2 Firespray 31's, 2 Shuttle's, 5 Tie Bomber's, 1 Tie Defender, 1 Tie Phantom

7 X-Wing's, 2 Y-Wing's, 4 A-Wing's, 2 YT-1300's, 4 B-Wing's, 3 Hawk 290's, 1 Rebel Transport, 1 Corellian Corvette

and counting......

#11 GroggyGolem

GroggyGolem

• Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:30 PM

There is an incredibly large soundboard on StarWars.com you can use for both music and sound effects. I actually just played yesterday with a family member and used a soundboard on my phone for effects. It's fun.

Rebels: 3 X-Wing, 1 Y-Wing, 1 A-Wing, 1 B-Wing, 1 YT-1300

Imperials: 5 TIE/LN, 1 TIE/ADV, 1 TIE/IN, 1 Firespray-31

#12 JCDisaray

JCDisaray

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:53 PM

There is an incredibly large soundboard on StarWars.com you can use for both music and sound effects. I actually just played yesterday with a family member and used a soundboard on my phone for effects. It's fun.

That is awesome!  Though did you see a Battle for Endor in that list?  Would like to get some of the other fighter flyby sounds.

#13 GroggyGolem

GroggyGolem

• Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:53 PM

I'm not seeing anything for the Battle of Endor but it does have the Battles of Yavin and Hoth. Take a look, I may have missed the Battle of Endor one. 

http://starwars.com/...ards/index.html

Rebels: 3 X-Wing, 1 Y-Wing, 1 A-Wing, 1 B-Wing, 1 YT-1300

Imperials: 5 TIE/LN, 1 TIE/ADV, 1 TIE/IN, 1 Firespray-31

#14 TheKestrel

TheKestrel

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:51 AM

Got a little sick of Star Wars music after a while, so now I'm in a Mass Effect phase while I play.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS