Rank your Star Wars Knowledge

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 Jetpack

Jetpack

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:19 PM

I'm a 6.  Read the early Star Wars comics when Marvel first issued them and some of the early EU, before I threw my hands up in despair, heh.

#42 Keeop

Keeop

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:20 PM

I wish there was more Darth Talon!

indeed :)

800px-Legacy_characters.jpg

#43 Akesis

Akesis

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:50 PM

I loved Legacy. Including the stuff with Cade. I thought it was interesting to see him struggle with wanting to be his own man, and the pull to become a Jedi or fall to the Dark side as is the Skywalker way.

I would say I am a 7. I know the movies well. I know the Old Republic war with the Sith Empire, and I know Legacy era. After I finish the Darth Bane trilogy, I am going to start on Thrawn. I am going to skip the Vong stuff since it isn't very interesting.

• Endrik Tenebris likes this

#44 Drewster27

Drewster27

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:11 PM

I'd say I'm about an 8. I have very little comic knowledge, and a lot of pre-Republic era is rusty.

A claim to fame that I have is one time my brother and I were waiting to get into the front of Top Thrill Dragster. It was the first weekend it was open and kept breaking down. We waited in line almost 3.5 hours while playing a Star Wars game. Basically you had to name something from the star wars universe that began with the first or last letter of the previous answer. We were still going strong when we finally got to ride. XD

• Endrik Tenebris likes this

Peace.

-Drew

"Oftentimes, your biggest detractors are the ones you are challenging the most."

Current EoE Campaign: Rodian Race!

#45 mouthymerc

mouthymerc

Not the member you are looking for!

• Members
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:50 PM

I thoroughly enjoyed Legacy. Looking forward to seeing more in the second volume with the Solo descendent. It incorporated everything i enjoy into one setting; rebellion, Empire, Jedi, Sith, bounty hunters, other than Jedi (loved the Imperial Knights).

• Keeop likes this

People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

#46 progressions

progressions

• Members
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:11 PM

My biggest challenge with Legacy was that I felt like Morrigan Corde was drawn to appear roughly 25 years old or so, which made it tough for me to buy her as Cade Skywalker's mother. (Note that I've only read Legacy: Volume 1, the hardback collection.)

I figure Cade is supposed to be, what, 20 or 25? Which puts Morrigan at probably 45 to 50, right? 

I couldn't tell if this was just artist Jan Duursema (and the other artists) drawing a female character so she is sexy and attractive regardless of her age, or if she was intended to seem way younger than she must be.

EOTE Styles and Dice Symbols for Obsidian Portal

Our group's EOTE Obsidian Portal: Explorers on the Edge

#47 Saseav

Saseav

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:09 PM

My biggest challenge with Legacy was that I felt like Morrigan Corde was drawn to appear roughly 25 years old or so, which made it tough for me to buy her as Cade Skywalker's mother. (Note that I've only read Legacy: Volume 1, the hardback collection.)

I figure Cade is supposed to be, what, 20 or 25? Which puts Morrigan at probably 45 to 50, right? 

I couldn't tell if this was just artist Jan Duursema (and the other artists) drawing a female character so she is sexy and attractive regardless of her age, or if she was intended to seem way younger than she must be.

Cade is 14 when ossus falls, so he's between 21-23.

@Akesis I lked the idea behind Cade's character but it was poorly executed.

#48 BaronVonStevie

BaronVonStevie

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:50 AM

I'd go for a solid 6 or 7.

I once went to a Star Wars trivia night at a crowded pizza place right by LSU and won by myself.

promptly informed the entire crowded room afterwards that I was a Star Trek fan. That was a good fifty dollar tab. :lol:

Edited by BaronVonStevie, 19 August 2013 - 12:50 AM.

#49 MILLANDSON

MILLANDSON

Playtester

• Members
  • 3,356 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:26 AM

I'd say 7 or 8. I've read my fair share of the Star Wars novels (man I still love X-Wing and Rogue Squadron), seen all the films, played most of the games, and peruse Wookiepedia quite a bit.

~Yea, Tho I Walk Through The Valley Of The Shadow Of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil~

Posts/views/opinions are in no way representative of FFG, and are entirely my own.

#50 BrashFink

BrashFink

• Members
  • 538 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:34 AM

I would say 7 probably... though some of my coworkers would say 10 (LOL). I know overall plot of arcing stories across the entire timeline, but only read a handful of books. I have a pretty extensive collection of the old WEG stuff.. plus logged may hours on wookieepedia (biggest timesink ever).

#51 Hysteria

Hysteria

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:06 AM

I'll say I'm a 7, maybe an 8 on a good day. I won the Star Wars trivia challenge at the Fantasy Flight Star Wars Gaming Event in May, so that's worth maybe a six. I've got a lot of versions of the Star Wars RPG and obsessively read pretty much all the novels up until the execrable Swarm War trilogy (apologies to Troy Denning). After that I just didn't bother to keep up much with the EU. I sporadically keep up with the Old Republic events and was mildly interested in the Clone Wars cartoon. I love what Dark Horse has done with Star Wars. Then again, I read Wookieepedia and realize that getting a 10 would be impossible for anyone, with the exception of George Lucas or Steve Sansweet!

#52 fjw70

fjw70

• Members
  • 577 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:48 PM

After reading through the responses I am dropping myself to a 6. I had forgot about the old republic and legacy comics stuff which I know very little about.

#53 DavetheLost

DavetheLost

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:00 PM

Five. I know a little bit beyond the classic trilogy, but not enough to rate myself a six. As for the EU, here are huge gaps in my knowledge.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS