Rank your Star Wars Knowledge

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 fjw70

fjw70

• Members
  • 559 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:14 PM

Just curious where everyone would put themselves. Rank your SW knowledge on a scale of 0 to 10 with the following guidance.

0 = no SW knowledge
5 = well versed in the movies but no significant EU knowledge
10 = know everything there is to know about SW

I would put myself at a 7.5. I know the movies well and a significant amount of he EU but I have lage gaps. I have only watched about a half a season of the Clone Wars show and there are still a lot of pre-NJO books I haven't read.

How about you?

#2 mrvander

mrvander

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:37 PM

I rank myself a 10 on the stuff I care about and don't think is stupid and utter crap. :)

#3 kinnison

kinnison

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:27 AM

Practically memorized the movies, Read all of the Archie Goodwin comics. Even read the Dark Horse comics. Read ALL of the novels/graphic novels published before Vector Prime came out. Listened to the ANH, and ESB radio dramas (great stuff)   Played the Dark Forces/Jedi knight games.  Played all the X-wing series video games. Have all of the WEG SW RPG books available.

Lost interest in SW EU soon the Vong invasion and after Ithor got turned into goo.  Got too stupid for me to bother

and i really DISPISE the idea of Lightsaber styles.

So anything betwean ANH and the vong invasion I would consider myself at or near 9.  Outside of that I am a 6.

really helps when I GM and I can pull facts and ancedotes out of my arse

Check out my current Campaign:

The Minos Cluster

Last session 8/9/14 'Beyond the Rim: Prologue'

Last Update 8/16/14

#4 DylanRPG

DylanRPG

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:44 AM

I would probably put myself pretty firmly as a 5. The extent of my Extended Universe knowledge really only consists of the video games made by Bioware and Obsidian Entertainment, and considering how much EU stuff there is out there, that's a very small percentage.

Edited by DylanRPG, 18 August 2013 - 12:44 AM.

Complete PDF Talent Trees:https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

Form Fillable Official Character Sheet: https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

#5 DVeight

DVeight

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:42 AM

#6 Banelight

Banelight

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:05 AM

Somewhere between 4 and 5 :/

Camaraderie, adventure and steel on steel. The stuff of legends! Right Boo?

#7 Emperor Norton

Emperor Norton

• Members
  • 385 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:07 AM

9 for anything for stuff during the Old Sith Wars or anything from Rise of the Empire era up until the Vong Invasion.

outside of that... 5ish maybe. Vong invasion really bored me and I never finished it and just kind of lost track of the EU books after that. I've read some of the Legacy era comics but not that many. And the truly ancient stuff is just a jumble of mess trying to untangle (the Rakata, Columi, etc.) And things like the New Sith Wars I haven't read much on.

#8 DanteRotterdam

DanteRotterdam

• Members
  • 970 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:16 AM

Movies, clone wars, video games, older rpg's

Edited by DanteRotterdam, 18 August 2013 - 02:17 AM.

#9 bergamot

bergamot

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:37 AM

Somewhere between a 4 and a 5.  I know the original trilogy pretty well, and some of the EU stuff that was written in the nineties and early 2000s (like the Timothy Zahn trilogy, the Han Solo trilogy and some of the Rogue Squadron books).  I've only watched the prequels once or twice, and don't know any of the prequel era EU stuff or the young Jedi/Vong era EU.

#10 aramis

aramis

• Members
  • 992 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:51 AM

I'd say 7.5; most of my EU knowledge stops about 1994. I never cared for the d20 games, and didn't like the fluffier novels.

#11 Sturn

Sturn

• Members
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:28 AM

I rank myself a 10 on the stuff I care about and don't think is stupid and utter crap. :)

Your scale puts me at a 5, but I agree with this poster's sentiment. I care little of the EU, but know trivial stuff about the movies like who Wormie is.

Post 500!

Edited by Sturn, 18 August 2013 - 05:29 AM.

#12 Dex Vulen

Dex Vulen

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:47 AM

6 Maybe?  Have seen ANH, ESB and RotJ countless times.  I am proud to say that of PM, AotC and RotS my son only liked Attack of the Clones, so we have watched that a few times.  We watch the Clone Wars animated series together, but I only kind of pay attention to it when it is on.  He knows that crap back and forth though.  As for novels, I have read the Timothy Zhan trilogy and the Han Solo triology.  The kicker is lately I have spent way to much time on wookiepedia.

Proud Member of the Gand Anti-Defamation League.

#13 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 5,764 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:52 AM

PET PEEVE: I have an irrational dislike of people choosing range values and half-values when told to select a number from one to ten. It comes from doing frequent pain assessments where I have to enter a whole number from zero to ten. Most people can't seem to stick to whole numbers and give me special snowflake answers.

Rant over, carry on.

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody.

#14 Krieger22

Krieger22

• Members
  • 655 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:59 AM

I'd give myself an 8, maybe a 9. I skipped most of the Vong story arc, but other than that I'm a total fanboy.

#15 Sturn

Sturn

• Members
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:01 AM

6 Maybe? Have seen ANH, ESB and RotJ countless times. I am proud to say that of PM, AotC and RotS my son only liked Attack of the Clones, so we have watched that a few times. We watch the Clone Wars animated series together, but I only kind of pay attention to it when it is on. He knows that crap back and forth though. As for novels, I have read the Timothy Zhan trilogy and the Han Solo triology. The kicker is lately I have spent way to much time on wookiepedia.

You described my knoweldge in detail. I too watch the Clone Wars but only when my daughter happens to be watching. EU books include the original Timithy Zahn stuff, some of the old Han Solo stuff, and two others.

PET PEEVE: I have an irrational dislike of people choosing range values and half-values when told to select a number from one to ten. It comes from doing frequent pain assessments where I have to enter a whole number from zero to ten. Most people can't seem to stick to whole numbers and give me special snowflake answers.

If you reread his post, he said scale of 0 to 10 then gave EXAMPLES of scores, not set points on that scale. Even the OP stated he was a 7.5 on his scale. He didn't say please only use whole numbers and gave an example of 7.5 for his own score. It's his scale.

#16 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 5,764 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:21 AM

6 Maybe? Have seen ANH, ESB and RotJ countless times. I am proud to say that of PM, AotC and RotS my son only liked Attack of the Clones, so we have watched that a few times. We watch the Clone Wars animated series together, but I only kind of pay attention to it when it is on. He knows that crap back and forth though. As for novels, I have read the Timothy Zhan trilogy and the Han Solo triology. The kicker is lately I have spent way to much time on wookiepedia.

You described my knoweldge in detail. I too watch the Clone Wars but only when my daughter happens to be watching. EU books include the original Timithy Zahn stuff, some of the old Han Solo stuff, and two others.

If you reread his post, he said scale of 0 to 10 then gave EXAMPLES of scores, not set points on that scale. Even the OP stated he was a 7.5 on his scale. He didn't say please only use whole numbers and gave an example of 7.5 for his own score. It's his scale.
You may have taken my post far more seriously than was intended.
  • Sturn likes this

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody.

#17 mouthymerc

mouthymerc

Not the member you are looking for!

• Members
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:58 AM

About a 7. Very familiar with the movies, especially the OT. Read some of the novels, but rather picky on what I read. Have a couple of reference guides. Read some of the old and new comics. Aware of a lot of things I haven't read. Played only a couple of video games. And then there's my Star Wars RPG collection.

People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

#18 FangGrip

FangGrip

• Members
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:14 AM

I would have said 5 when I purchased the game, but with wookieepedia I think I may now be at 6 or 6.5

Check out a truly universal RPG with Free Starter Rules at www.AlphaChronicles.com!

Check out the Consummate Gamer Blog for everything that isn't Alpha Chronicles.

#19 Josep Maria

Josep Maria

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:18 AM

Maybe about 5 or 6 but a +100 thanks to Wookiepedia XD

Be brave and listen to your heart.

5,901 Profile Views.

Let us Vote! http://catalanassemb...al-catalan-way/

http://gigafoto.assemblea.cat/

#20 Rookhelm

Rookhelm

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:33 AM

probably 8 or 9.  There are some things I don't know about like the comics and some clone wars stuff, but I know a crap ton about most everything else.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS