Wiz-War Malefic Curses expansion

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 ZXTR

ZXTR

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:23 PM

Found that in GenCon day 2 video in upper right corner.
Although, the game's name hidden, border on the box art is exactly the same and silhouettes inside crystal ball is very recognizable.

pic1747704_lg.png

#2 rugal

rugal

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:34 AM

Yes, finally ! It tooks some times

hope there's some cools mini inside !

#3 Zozimus

Zozimus

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:32 PM

Waaaaaghghghgh!!!   Finally!!!   So glad it will add a fifth wizard.  But it seems like the new cards are not the same as the ones from previous editions?  Looking forward to this!!!

Man is most nearly himself when he achieves the seriousness of a child at play. - Heraclitus

#4 TheStranger

TheStranger

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:53 AM

I was really hoping for monsters, but this is good too. Maybe monsters in next expansion?

#5 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:11 AM

I definitely hope so! Would love to see some creatures arriving!

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#6 rugal

rugal

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:27 AM

the FFG info comes today

I'm a bit disapointed, since there's not.
Maybe next time, but that's a shame.

#7 Angus Lee

Angus Lee

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:02 AM

I feel a bit disappointed, too, that it does not focus on the creature/monster.  Besides, it seems that it does not have new transfiguration minis?

Once ... Always ...

My blog (in Simplified Chinese): http://blog.sina.com/b0ardgames

#8 Zalco

Zalco

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:00 AM

The most important thing for me is the fifth player. I can wait for monsters and the new schools of magic seems really cool to me.

I hope there will be extra cantrip cards so you can make an extra custum spellbook. Do anyone know if this is the case?

#9 rugal

rugal

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:00 AM

I would have rather prefered a big box with only one new deck : the summoning, and with ten plastic figures for 40$

let us do a rally call

We want summoning creatures !!

Edited by rugal, 09 September 2013 - 01:52 AM.

• ZXTR likes this

#10 rugal

rugal

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:04 PM

I'm a bit ashamed to see the wiz-war forum is around dead.

But, to be honest, it's not so surprising : the expansion took too long time, and players started to go elsewhere, so my creature expansion looks like it will never comes

:angry:

#11 subochre

subochre

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:10 AM

It would certainly be nice if it were a little more active, but I wouldn't read too much into it as an indicator of sales.  Some (indeed, most) forums are just quiet.

• Julia likes this

#12 rugal

rugal

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:20 AM

next news is taking some times

not sure we would have it before christmas

#13 Zozimus

Zozimus

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:25 PM

Grr....I hope this is not one of those "delayed past Christmas" events that have happened in the past.   Where's the news?  

Man is most nearly himself when he achieves the seriousness of a child at play. - Heraclitus

#14 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:19 PM

In the Upcoming section of this very site it's still filed for Q4 2013. And it's at the Printer since quite a long time, so maybe... Fingers crossed guys :)

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]

#15 Zozimus

Zozimus

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:49 PM

Ugh.  I'm not sure I care for the theme in this new expansion.  "Skull Servant" seems to be a re-brand of "Alter Ego"....I dunno.  It seems kind of dark and heavy for such a light and fun game.  Even if the skulls are cartoonish.

I'm glad for the fifth player, though.  I really hope they don't wait as long to introduce the sixth.  

#16 rugal

rugal

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:02 AM

delayed

it's now for Q1 2014

#17 Zozimus

Zozimus

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:40 AM

How did I know that would happen?   FFG has not seemed to be particularly proactive with Wiz War...I can't understand why this would be, with such a classic game.

#18 The Gas

The Gas

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:09 AM

The most important thing for me is the fifth player. I can wait for monsters and the new schools of magic seems really cool to me.

I hope there will be extra cantrip cards so you can make an extra custum spellbook. Do anyone know if this is the case?

This is something I was really hoping for, the ability to give each player their own deck consisting of cantrips and two other schools, but alas it looks like it's not to be. :(

#19 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:27 AM

So it seems. Nonetheless, with three extra schools, and using both white and black cantrips, it should be possible creating at least two independent decks. Could be worth trying

#20 GrimJester

GrimJester

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 02:24 AM

Ugh, so, how is it? Who has played it? Does a 5th player increase the game longer than expected? Is a player more likely to get knocked out than in a 4 player? Early elimination is my only criticism of Wiz-War.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS