Descent: Lieutenant Packs

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#61 rugal

rugal

• Members
  • 648 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:18 AM

In other hand, EDGE used us, french people, to have late, unexplicated, bugs, and they always says they are not at fault.

And whining against FFG is just because they are jalous and unable to read english and to read so.

frustrated maybe

#62 rugal

rugal

• Members
  • 648 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:11 PM

Status update : in the boat !

can't wait !

#63 Robin

Robin

• Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:20 PM

In other hand, EDGE used us, french people, to have late, unexplicated, bugs, and they always says they are not at fault.

And whining against FFG is just because they are jalous and unable to read english and to read so.

frustrated maybe

I rather tend to consider that whining is a French cultural trait (which can have agreable exceptions).
I hardly see any topic on the French forum where people don't moan, whine and attack edge - including "in advance" attacks about their translations, delays, etc.
*rant mode on* If I were edge, I would stop business and let those perpetualy unsatisfied spoiled kids cry for real because there will be no more French versions of FFG's games. :angry:  *rant mode off*

Edited by Robin, 19 September 2013 - 01:20 PM.

An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered.
G. K. Chesterton

#64 rugal

rugal

• Members
  • 648 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:34 PM

they would be, but by another one (If only it could be Asmodee)

#65 Robin

Robin

• Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:02 PM

On topic again: I am not sure that I will rush upon all those lieutenant minis.
I am hesitating about adding mechanics to the game (each one makes it more complex and less accessible for new gamers)...

Edited by Robin, 19 September 2013 - 03:20 PM.

An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered.
G. K. Chesterton

#66 rugal

rugal

• Members
  • 648 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:12 AM

I'm not, and since only the overlord will have real new mechanics, i don't see the problem.

The more possibilities there is, the better is the game.

I don't usually play with new gamers, and if there is, they will have to play the game as I propose.

#67 Robin

Robin

• Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:37 AM

To each one his own.
I hope that D2 will not become as cumbersome as D1.
At least we have the choice to add additional mechanics or not.
G. K. Chesterton

#68 rugal

rugal

• Members
  • 648 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:53 PM

Looks like we will have all lieutenant more faster than I suspected

Bol'goreth has been annouced (just now i'm writing this)

and Ariad too is on the factory !

Really happy !

Can't wait, as usual

• Kunzite likes this

#69 rugal

rugal

• Members
  • 648 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:09 PM

and more

now, Ariad, Queen Ariad, Raythen and Serena

The big GOOD news is for Raythen and Serana : two figures for 14$ and a hero sheet for each ! So happy and surprised

the BAD news : Ariad and Queen ariad are in two separated box, so goodbye the transformation from one to another during a campaign. Really sad :(

#70 Ringskipper

Ringskipper

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:23 PM

*OMG* I am so excited for these! Ariad is my favorite lieutenant, so I'm stoked to use her (and her Queen Ariad form). I'm okay with them being two separate agents.

Raythen and Serena as heroes blows me away. I love it so much.

• Lilikin likes this

#71 Steve-O

Steve-O

• Members
  • 4,655 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:16 PM

Wowzers.  They aren't wasting any time on those LT packs.

I would've been happy with just one figure each for Serena and Raythen, but two ain't bad either.

• Lilikin likes this

#72 Kunzite

Kunzite

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:25 PM

The ally and the LT both have different art, so I am guessing that is why they are doing it that way. I have played Raythen in the final as my LT. He's good. I like him allot.

"Bide your time and hold out hope."

~Count of Monte Cristo

NotesFromTheOverlord.tumblr.com

#73 Silverhelm

Silverhelm

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:49 PM

You know the only ones I really want is Valyndra, and that troll. To me side quests deserve there center pieces. Ill probably get Ariad too.

Edited by Silverhelm, 08 October 2013 - 08:51 PM.

#74 JSM3050

JSM3050

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:15 AM

I've already pre-ordered as many of these as I can from my local game store (along with Trollfens). Honestly, I think my favorite part is making the allies from Labyrinth of Ruin playable. If FFG does a Lieutenant/Hero version of each character from here on out, it'll really expand on the options available to both sides.

Whoever it was in production/design that came up with this idea needs a gold star and a cookie (at the least).

• Lilikin likes this

#75 Lilikin

Lilikin

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:30 AM

Could not agree more with that comment JSM I said a while ago that to sell this game FFG needed to sell it to the Overlord as they are in my experience normally the one who buys the games and these packs are really doing that with a tiny bit of sweetness for the players they must have been listening to me..........

My consultancy fee is pretty cheap FFG.......

Edited by Lilikin, 09 October 2013 - 01:33 AM.

• Cursain and Kunzite like this
Wait lassie what's that noise? A few people telling FFG on a forum how to make their own games, well lassie that told them

I have three more ships than you so my opinion is twice as valid!!

#76 Cursain

Cursain

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:18 AM

Could not agree more with that comment JSM I said a while ago that to sell this game FFG needed to sell it to the Overlord as they are in my experience normally the one who buys the games and these packs are really doing that with a tiny bit of sweetness for the players they must have been listening to me..........

My consultancy fee is pretty cheap FFG.......

In my personal experience I completely agree with this assessment, and my pocket book does too.

-Cursain

#77 griton

griton

• Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:44 AM

Links for those who missed them:

Bol'Goreth: http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=4403

Ariad, Queen Ariad, Serena, and Raythen: http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=4404

#78 Kunzite

Kunzite

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:31 AM

Ok, now that is see this...

Bol'Goreth looks fun. Play the infector deck with him = <3

Ariad gives cursed monsters stealthy... *toss head into table* wooooow.... that's amazing... That makes deep elves so broken...

Queen Ariad seems more my cup of tea. I do love my trap cards.

Serena and Raythen... I am kind of excited that my heroes have the option to play them as heroes themselves instead of just weak allies. Despite the brown defiance dice, Raythen's character looks awesome! 14 health for a scout?! Get some armor on him and he will be a hero the OL will have trouble with!

"Bide your time and hold out hope."

~Count of Monte Cristo

NotesFromTheOverlord.tumblr.com

#79 Silverhelm

Silverhelm

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:55 PM

I'm generous ill give two cookies! And a package of Oreos if designer will help those poor misunderstood zombies! You know you want to....finally my order for Trollfens shipped!

#80 Cursain

Cursain

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

Ariad gives cursed monsters stealthy... *toss head into table* wooooow.... that's amazing... That makes deep elves so broken...

How so?  Deep elves don't have the cursed trait (skull)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS