Denver/Boulder/Ft.Collins, Colorado

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#41 Spike IT

Spike IT

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:51 PM

Good to hear from you Lee! Glad to see you're still around. I have a friend in town this week, but we have been playing X-Wing almost non-stop since he's been here and I've got him hooked. Too bad he doesn't live here.

If you come down this evening, my buddy and I will definitely be there. I'll have all my X-Wing as well.

Next Thursday I will be out of town, but I am only gone for the week to visit home and then I'll be back to my regular antics.

Jon

Last time I was down, talked about the 16th or 23rd as the next time would be there. Looks like it will be next week - tomorrow doesn't work. So I will see you guys in a week. Hopefully we can get a good crew to show up then!

Lee

Edited by Spike IT, 15 January 2014 - 11:52 PM.

#42 jjohnson111

jjohnson111

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:04 AM

Sounds good to me! Thanks for the heads up!

Jon

Rebel Alliance:                                                            Imperial Navy:

6 X-Wings | 4 Y-Wings | 4 B-Wings | 6 A-Wings|        | 7 TIE Fighter | 1 TIE Advanced | 7 TIE/In | 4 TIE Bomber |

2 E-Wings | 1 HWK-90 | 5 Z-95 | 1 YT-1300 |              | 2 TIE Defender | 4 TIE Phantom | 2 Firespray-31 |

1 GR-75 | 1 YT-2400 |                                                  | 2 Lamda Class Shuttle | 1 VT-49 Decimator |

#43 jjohnson111

jjohnson111

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:14 PM

Lee, a quick heads up that I hope reaches you in time: this evening I won't be able to play X-Wing.  Need to work on Netrunner and SWLCG this evening, and we are going to try to work out times to host the store championships that Atomic was offered.  

Also, I wasn't able to carry my X-Wing stuff on me either, so I won't have my ships, and I don't know of anyone else who will be there this evening for play. 

When will you be able to make it again?  Also, starting the week of 2/10, I will have Mondays off now due to a scheduling change at work.  I may be able to make it up to Haunted every now and then, but not every week.  

Jon

Rebel Alliance:                                                            Imperial Navy:

6 X-Wings | 4 Y-Wings | 4 B-Wings | 6 A-Wings|        | 7 TIE Fighter | 1 TIE Advanced | 7 TIE/In | 4 TIE Bomber |

2 E-Wings | 1 HWK-90 | 5 Z-95 | 1 YT-1300 |              | 2 TIE Defender | 4 TIE Phantom | 2 Firespray-31 |

1 GR-75 | 1 YT-2400 |                                                  | 2 Lamda Class Shuttle | 1 VT-49 Decimator |

#44 veritek83

veritek83

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:11 PM

So I just moved to Denver from the east coast- literally days after my regular gaming group realized how good X-Wing is.

Is there a regular X-Wing night anywhere in the Denver area- or even a bit further afield?

#45 jjohnson111

jjohnson111

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:44 AM

So I just moved to Denver from the east coast- literally days after my regular gaming group realized how good X-Wing is.

Is there a regular X-Wing night anywhere in the Denver area- or even a bit further afield?

Sure bud.  I can list a few for you, however I cannot tell you how many people regularly show up to events at these locations.

Currently I know of:

Mondays: Total Escape Games, Broomfield CO 6-9:30.  Pretty solid following out of this shop.  I went there one Monday evening after work and bumped into at least 3 other guys who were playing, but their leagues I hear start off stronger than that.  I walked in for just free play towards the end of their last season.  (http://www.totalesca...r=2014&month=01)

Dark Matter Games in Lakewood, CO Mondays 5-8pm.  Never played here before, but I know on Meetup I believe their is a group that plays out of this location.  Their website seems to be down, but I found their info from their facebook page. (https://www.facebook...190322544333196)

The Wizard's Chest, Denver, Cherry Creek Mall area. Days varies for the store here.  The try to do one Friday night event, and one Saturday night event.  Alan, the guy who typically arranges games here is super cool and nice.  I hear there is typically only one regular guy who can show up on Friday evenings, and one of their employees plays the game too.  I have gone a few times there, mainly for the Star Wars card game that FFG is doing, but I've played X-Wing once or twice too.  I intend to try to make it this Friday evening as for once I have the night free - as long as the snow won't impact my travel.  They have yet to post their February schedule, so we'll have to wait and see what is going on there. (http://www.wizardschest.com/)

Enchanted Grounds, Highlands Ranch, Denver, 1st Thursday each month. Never played here...but since Thursdays are one of my days off I might have to make this my stop for each first Thursday of the month so I can get an X-Wing fix.  (http://www.enchanted.../?page_id=20515).  

Heading further North:

Atomic Goblin Games (where I typically play out of) in Longmont, CO.  Wednesday evenings they will host X-Wing night from 5/6-close (9:00).  The guys here are super cool and I've been working on trying to get more people interested in the game.  I would imagine that on a good night, you could have anywhere from 2-5 people there as we start to get this to take off. (http://www.atomicgoblingames.com/)

The Haunted Game Cafe, Fort Collins, CO. Monday nights at 7 pm-10pm.  Typically I think only 2 people are regularly playing here.  One of them is Lee, who is SpikeIT in this thread, and he travels quite a bit for the game, just for the love of it (seriously).   (http://www.hauntedgamecafe.com/news/)

Gryphon Games: Fort Collins CO. Sundays, 6pm.  Lee has been running a group out of Gryphon on Sundays.  They are running a special Campaign mode, so it's a bit of a twist and a fresh breath of life into the game.  Don't know more than that though, as I haven't been able to make it up there.

I didn't touch anything south of Denver: mainly because I don't know what's going on down there.  I heard there was a pretty big following for X-Wing out of Petrie's in CO Springs, but the group has died down from what I understand.  Wave 3 didn't even bring many back.  The assumption is that people are just playing out of their homes.

There is a Colorado X-Wing facebook page where info is posted: https://www.facebook...51442054999006/

Lastly, since the 2014 Store Championship season has begun:

Atomic Goblin has announced their's on Feb 23rd.  It's a Sunday, there is an event created in the Facebook X-Wing group. Check it out.

Total Escape has also been approved for a Store Champ and it is doing theirs on March 8th. They have details as well in the Facebook page.

The other two stores that I know of who were approved are:

Enchanted Grounds

Wizards Chest

I haven't heard back from them, but I know Alan is going to get in contact with me when he has approval.  I need to call the gents back at Enchanted to get their info.

Anyhow, I hope this helps.  If you ever want to meet up for some games and it works for my schedule, I could possibly make it happen. Thursday/Fridays are my best days.

Jon

Edited by jjohnson111, 20 June 2014 - 10:26 PM.

#46 veritek83

veritek83

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:57 PM

Wow, great rundown of the local shops.  Didn't realize how close The Wizard's Chest is to me.  Looks like they've got something set up for Friday.  I think I'll try and make that and check out a couple of the other stores.

Thanks!

#47 spacemonkeymafia

spacemonkeymafia

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:38 AM

Nice list, Jon!

Also coming up is Genghis Con Feb 13-16.  There is an Xwing tourney Friday night (2/14) and I'm running a casual Furball earlier Friday afternoon.

http://www.denvergamers.org/

#48 veritek83

veritek83

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:42 PM

Crap, I'm outta town that weekend.  Looks like a great lineup of games.

#49 Spike IT

Spike IT

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:57 PM

Nice list, Jon!

Also coming up is Genghis Con Feb 13-16.  There is an Xwing tourney Friday night (2/14) and I'm running a casual Furball earlier Friday afternoon.

Can't make it for the afternoon furball (wife wont let me take kiddo out of school) but Sean and I are playing the Ghengis Con main event. Are you in that one?

Lee

#50 spacemonkeymafia

spacemonkeymafia

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:17 AM

Nice list, Jon!

Can't make it for the afternoon furball (wife wont let me take kiddo out of school) but Sean and I are playing the Ghengis Con main event. Are you in that one?

Lee

Hey Lee, no worries... I couldn't run anything Saturday and I knew Friday night was the tourney so had to settle for afternoon.  I know that will hurt attendance but hopefully I can get enough to make it "furball-like." For anyone interested:

25 player Furball event on Friday February 14th: Noon to 4pm

X-Wing 1/270 Star Wars Space Combat ( 3017 )
Royal Guard Flight School: Finals (note: think "final exam," not "final tournament round")

Make your favorite TIE Interceptor ship and participate in a free-for-all dogfight of up to 25 players. Players will need one TIE Interceptor Ship, Saber Squadron Pilot card, Upgrade cards, and Maneuver Dial. Ships and cards not generally provided, but a limited number of loaners will be available on a first come, first serve basis. Suitable for all experience levels. Rules will be taught.

Miniatures Annex Room 2, Table AN215

Radisson Hotel, Aurora CO - For more info, see www.denvergamers.org

Regarding the tourney that night, I'm in. Should be fun and I hope to see you and Sean there :-)

#51 jjohnson111

jjohnson111

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:52 AM

Just a reminder of two things:

This week starts X-Wing open play at Atomic Goblin Games on Wednesday evenings starting at 6. 

We currently have season 2 and 3 kits available, but we have not ironed out any details for any form of league play. My assumption is that we may get things rolling, get some people there, then start planning out how to best make use of the kits. 

Lets show the store that we are serious about getting a playgroup going there!! I will try to be there Wednesday evening but will not make it until at least 7. 

Keep in mind this will be a good way to get in practice before out Store Championship on Feb 23rd!

Also, I am assuming most people here are on Facebook, and have found the Colorado X-Wing page.  If not, I invite you to join us there for news as well : https://www.facebook...51442054999006/

Hope to see some people there tonight! I am playing it by ear with weather and how the day goes, but the earliest I will be there myself will be 7-ish.  The owner and a few others have been interested in playing, so don't be shy and show up!

#52 spacemonkeymafia

spacemonkeymafia

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:00 AM

I'll be out at Atomic Goblin this Wednesday night (3/5). Is their group still active?

#53 jjohnson111

jjohnson111

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:53 AM

Yep, we are still there.  Typically averaging about 2-4 players per week.  I think this week at least 3 of us should be there - myself and one of the other regulars were thinking about playing a scenario or two possibly.

I normally arrive around 7ish due to work and getting home and such, this week shouldn't be any different for me.  

Hope to see you there!

#54 spacemonkeymafia

spacemonkeymafia

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:43 AM

I ran a "Death Race" type custom scenario at Genghis Con- 1 small ship per person on a track-like map.  I can bring that if there is any interest.  How late does Atomic usually stay open?

#55 jjohnson111

jjohnson111

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:03 PM

Typically closes around 9, but depending on what else is going on Jamie sometimes hangs around, but don't count on it.

#56 spacemonkeymafia

spacemonkeymafia

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:24 PM

Hi all, I'm going to be coming out to Atomic again this Wednesday (3/26).  Let me know if others are planning to join.  I'll put my death race map in the car in case people are interested in trying it out.

#57 Spike IT

Spike IT

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:54 PM

Hi all, I'm going to be coming out to Atomic again this Wednesday (3/26).  Let me know if others are planning to join.  I'll put my death race map in the car in case people are interested in trying it out.

Sorry missed you this week.  This was one of the weeks I was not able to make it.  Hoping to be there next Wednesday.

#58 Ailowynn

Ailowynn

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:38 PM

Anyone planning on going to the Goblin this week?

#59 jjohnson111

jjohnson111

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:32 PM

Work has begun to pick up for me with spring coming around, and tonight was a good example of the summer to come, at least for the next few weeks.  We started our closing hours of 7 today, and I wasn't home until 8.  Granted, that won't happen all summer, but likely my participation will be dropping until at least August for the most part.  I will still be around and may stop in once in a while on Wednesday nights, but earliest I will be walking in will be 8 sadly.  Enough time for 1 game though maybe!

This week will not see me, nor next as I will be out of town.  Sorry!  

Jon

#60 AncientWar

AncientWar

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:19 AM

New X-Wing miniatures player in Northern Colorado area. Interested in regular group play in Loveland, Greeley, or Ft. Collins.  My base store is The Nerd Store in Greeley. I'm an older gamer but enjoy matches with all age groups. Also play Android: Netrunner LCG.  I've joined the Colorado X-Wing group on Facebook recently as well. Looking forward to meeting other players. - Dave

Edited by AncientWar, 05 April 2014 - 08:21 AM.

---

AncientWar - Dave

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”  ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS