Denver/Boulder/Ft.Collins, Colorado

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#21 Ailowynn

Ailowynn

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:09 PM

Well, I don't think I can make it on the tenth. But for whoever is going...keep going, maybe I'll see you there the next week, or sometime thereafter. (And I can try and post up a yes or no for the 17th if you want, but I won't know for certain for a week or so).

#22 Spike IT

Spike IT

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:52 PM

Still planning to head to Atomic tomorrow night.  Hope to see some of you there.  I may not make it every week, but I will keep coming down as long as there are people to play.

Lee

#23 jjohnson111

jjohnson111

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:54 PM

I will be there as well.  I won't be there until 7ish roughly as I will be out of work at 6, have to bike home, then drive to the store (20 minutes or so from my house).  My schedule has switched in the coming weeks to have Thursdays off though, so I will be there at 6 in coming weeks.  

I have gotten LCG moved to Thursday nights as well (as it worked out with everyone's schedule better) so I may bounce back and forth week to week, or every game or something, but I know of at least one guy in our LCG group (he responded earlier in this thread) is planning on picking up X-Wing.

I will be forward and just suggest I have never actually played the game against anyone besides myself as of yet - but I do own at least 1 of every ship and understand the rules.  I just need to learn the strategy of the game.  So I may not be a fun opponent at first, but I'll get there!

Jon

#24 jjohnson111

jjohnson111

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:03 PM

What I might do if people are interested is start a Facebook group, or, there is a Closed X-Wing group that a friend invited me to the other day, I could invite others and we could make events for each week where you could post that you're coming or not so that people travelling distance would know by Thursday whether or not to show? Would that be helpful?

#25 Exar

Exar

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:55 AM

I have gotten LCG moved to Thursday nights as well (as it worked out with everyone's schedule better) so I may bounce back and forth week to week, or every game or something, but I know of at least one guy in our LCG group (he responded earlier in this thread) is planning on picking up X-Wing.

I bought the game on amazon...where has all my money gone...thanks a lot!

Now if only there were wave 1 ships around.

#26 Ailowynn

Ailowynn

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:35 PM

I can make it next Thursday--anyone else that could plan on that?

#27 Spike IT

Spike IT

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:10 PM

I am planning to be there. Can you confirm you will be as well? A couple of people who would normally play will not be playing his week. I don't want to waste time coming down to Longmont from Fort Collins if no one is going to be playing.

Edited by Spike IT, 17 October 2013 - 12:12 PM.

#28 spacemonkeymafia

spacemonkeymafia

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:53 AM

I'm going to be at Total Escape tonight (10/21) in Broomfield.  5:30p to close likely. They run a league night there and should have descent sized group. Last Monday saw about 8 players or so.

#29 coyotius

coyotius

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:42 PM

What I might do if people are interested is start a Facebook group, or, there is a Closed X-Wing group that a friend invited me to the other day, I could invite others and we could make events for each week where you could post that you're coming or not so that people travelling distance would know by Thursday whether or not to show? Would that be helpful?

JJ, there's a FB group already, Colorado X-Wing...is that the one you're referring to?

https://www.facebook...51442054999006/

I'm going to be at Total Escape tonight (10/21) in Broomfield.  5:30p to close likely. They run a league night there and should have descent sized group. Last Monday saw about 8 players or so.

Cool...I was about to ask if you were going to make it tonight.  Maybe a 2 v 2 game would be fun.

Edited by coyotius, 21 October 2013 - 05:05 PM.

#30 jjohnson111

jjohnson111

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:10 PM

JJ, there's a FB group already, Colorado X-Wing...is that the one you're referring to?

https://www.facebook...51442054999006/

I was just invited to that the other week - so I now know about it. I would have created one for the people of this thread, but there isn't much use since that closed group exists already.

Jon

#31 Spike IT

Spike IT

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:16 PM

I will be at Atomic Goblin tonight.  Hope to see a few of you there.  Sorry for the late reply - been a busy week.  More so than usual. 

Lee

#32 Ailowynn

Ailowynn

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:17 PM

Alright. I'll be there.

#33 Spike IT

Spike IT

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:04 AM

With Worlds now over, I will be coming down to Atomic Goblin from Fort Collins probably every couple or 3 weeks.  Looks like the next time I can get down there will be next Thursday.  Hopefully we can get a decent group playing.  The Furballs at Worlds and the 300-point game I played with a friend on Monday were both a lot of fun.  Hopefully we can get some new players in and play some different formats to keep the game fresh and exciting. 

Lee

#34 jjohnson111

jjohnson111

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:14 AM

With Worlds now over, I will be coming down to Atomic Goblin from Fort Collins probably every couple or 3 weeks.  Looks like the next time I can get down there will be next Thursday.  Hopefully we can get a decent group playing.  The Furballs at Worlds and the 300-point game I played with a friend on Monday were both a lot of fun.  Hopefully we can get some new players in and play some different formats to keep the game fresh and exciting. 

Lee

Furball was a blast, I totally agree.  I went in last night and played X-Wing with Paul for an hour or so just to try flying a few different ships.  I share your same thoughts Lee, with World's over I want to learn X-Wing better so I can fly with more confidence in my squads.  

I was thinking next of next Thursday talking to Paul (who is in this thread somewhere and may see this) of doing at least a 2v2 with myself, Jake, Dave, and Paul, that way we can get Dave/Jake into the game and help them to understand the phases and rules etc.  If you and your son want to come down we can do a 3v3!

I also did talk to Jamie @ Atomic last night - he did sign up for a store championship kit for X-Wing. So cross your fingers!

See you soon!

Jon

Edited by jjohnson111, 14 November 2013 - 11:17 AM.

#35 jjohnson111

jjohnson111

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:32 PM

Lee, do you guys have a good following up at Haunted on Monday's? I am on vacation but have a friend coming in tomorrow from out of town.  I might be able to interest him in X-Wing, and might drive up if you guys will have some players there to fly against in Ft. Collins if you want! 

I believe also Atomic was offered a Store Championship from FFG as well, but we are confirming that and will know additional details soon!

Jon

#36 Futant420

Futant420

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:02 AM

Hi guys! Is Atomic still doing a Wednesday night thing? I normally do the TEG league on Monday's, but would really like to get more games in during the week. Thanks!

#37 Spike IT

Spike IT

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:40 AM

Hi guys. Sorry been a bit scarce lately at Atomic. Can come down either this Thursday or next to play - just let me know which is best either way and I can be there. Jon - sorry I missed your post about Haunted!! :( We have 4-6 that show up most Mondays. Tonight it was 5 because my wife came and played. We did a 5 player 50 point anything goes, but played on too big of a table (4x6').. Still fun but game took too long to complete. Sundays at Gryphon is actually getting a decent turnout. We are starting a 6 week campaign there beginning this Sunday at 6. We didn't meet last week because of the holidays but thinking we may have 10-12 playing in the campaign starting this week. The campaign idea is to improve pilot skill as the pilots gain experience, so if they survive a mission (only dying on a crit roll if shot down, otherwise they eject and are recovered). So eventually (if you fly enough missions and your pilots don't die) you could have PS9 skill pilots that cost the base cost of the ship. I want to fly an 8 ship AP Tie swarm, all with PS9 skill!

And cool if Atomic put in for a Store Championship. I know Haunted definitely did and believe Gryphon did as well. Maybe between them we will get at least 1 Store Championship tourney in Northern Colorado,

Lee

Edited by Spike IT, 31 December 2013 - 12:45 AM.

#38 jjohnson111

jjohnson111

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:11 PM

Hi guys! Is Atomic still doing a Wednesday night thing? I normally do the TEG league on Monday's, but would really like to get more games in during the week. Thanks!

Atomic doesn't do Wed night, as far as I know.  There is nothing going on on Wednesday nights, so I am sure it would be welcome if you want to come play, but Thursdays have been their miniature night (along with Magic and Star Wars the Card Game) so people have been there playing X-Wing and Attack Wing.  I would suggest Thursday being the good night to come if you can.

Hi guys. Sorry been a bit scarce lately at Atomic. Can come down either this Thursday or next to play - just let me know which is best either way and I can be there. Jon - sorry I missed your post about Haunted!! :( We have 4-6 that show up most Mondays. Tonight it was 5 because my wife came and played. We did a 5 player 50 point anything goes, but played on too big of a table (4x6').. Still fun but game took too long to complete. Sundays at Gryphon is actually getting a decent turnout. We are starting a 6 week campaign there beginning this Sunday at 6. We didn't meet last week because of the holidays but thinking we may have 10-12 playing in the campaign starting this week. The campaign idea is to improve pilot skill as the pilots gain experience, so if they survive a mission (only dying on a crit roll if shot down, otherwise they eject and are recovered). So eventually (if you fly enough missions and your pilots don't die) you could have PS9 skill pilots that cost the base cost of the ship. I want to fly an 8 ship AP Tie swarm, all with PS9 skill!

And cool if Atomic put in for a Store Championship. I know Haunted definitely did and believe Gryphon did as well. Maybe between them we will get at least 1 Store Championship tourney in Northern Colorado,

Lee

Good to hear from you Lee! Glad to see you're still around.  I have a friend in town this week, but we have been playing X-Wing almost non-stop since he's been here and I've got him hooked.  Too bad he doesn't live here.  

If you come down this evening, my buddy and I will definitely be there. I'll have all my X-Wing as well.  

Next Thursday I will be out of town, but I am only gone for the week to visit home and then I'll be back to my regular antics. 

Jon

#39 Spike IT

Spike IT

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:04 PM

I will be there then. Should be there by 630ish.. See you tonight!!!

Edited by Spike IT, 02 January 2014 - 03:59 PM.

#40 Futant420

Futant420

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:02 PM

I dunno why I thought it was Wed :/  but thanks for the clariication!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS