Denver/Boulder/Ft.Collins, Colorado

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#1 jjohnson111

jjohnson111

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:42 PM

I want to get something going again for X-Wing, especially now that Wave 3 is close to hitting.  I currently play out of Atomic Goblin out of Longmont, and have been playing and enjoying the SWLCG there for the past couple months now on Wednesday nights - I would like to drum up interest for X-Wing out of that shop or another one people could agree upon.  

At Atomic, Wednesday nights happens to be Board Game night and that evening would work well for myself, and I'd be happy to do every other week.  Saturdays are my other good day as I currently have that off from work as well.  

Is there anyone in the area that is interested in getting something going again? Is there a day we could agree upon? Next Wednesday at Atomic they are also demoing the new Edge of Empire RPG as well - in case anyone would be more interested in that, just wanted to throw it out there.

Anyhow back to the topic - X-Wing? Wed/Sat night somewhere?? Lets do this!

-Jon

Rebel Alliance:                                                            Imperial Navy:

6 X-Wings | 4 Y-Wings | 4 B-Wings | 6 A-Wings|        | 7 TIE Fighter | 1 TIE Advanced | 7 TIE/In | 4 TIE Bomber |

2 E-Wings | 1 HWK-90 | 5 Z-95 | 1 YT-1300 |              | 2 TIE Defender | 4 TIE Phantom | 2 Firespray-31 |

1 GR-75 | 1 YT-2400 |                                                  | 2 Lamda Class Shuttle | 1 VT-49 Decimator |

#2 M00t

M00t

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:40 AM

I just heard there is a regular group the 1st and 3rd Thursday evenings at Enchanted Grounds in Highlands Ranch. Quite a ways from Longmont, but thought I'd mention it.

#3 Spike IT

Spike IT

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:16 AM

With the horrific flooding going on here in Colorado right now (especially in Longmont), does Atomic Goblin even exist any more?

Up in Fort Collins we play on Monday nights at Haunted Game Cafe. It is a small but pretty loyal gathering - anywhere from 2 to 6 or so. We run from 7 until 10, so you usually have time for a couple games in a night. Hopefully all the the Colorado FLGS will be getting in wave 3 ships this week. I think we will see some more players hanging out and playing once we get access to the new ships. That's at least what happened after wave 2 came out.

For myself, I am always looking for a game. And I am willing to travel a reasonable amount to play. Maybe not driving down to Longmont from Fort Collins every week but I am willing to come down some times as long as I know people will be playing.

Lee

#4 jjohnson111

jjohnson111

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:50 PM

Thanks for the replies guys! 

Atomic is still standing - I've seen a few updates from Jamie on his facebook page that he was finally able to make it back into the shop finally over the weekend.  

I actually reside in Boulder - so I'm not too far from Highlands and I may try to make one of those, and Fort Collins is also an hour in the opposite direction, and I've wanted to stop by Haunted as well - so I'll try to make a Monday night in the near future! 

My work schedule will be changing as of next week so I will be out @ 6 instead of 7, making it a lot easier to get in an X-Wing game night.  

Currently Jamie looks like he wants to get a Thursday night mini's night for both Star Trek and Star Wars out of his location, just to mention (not in stone yet) but we have had a core group of guys for the Star Wars LCG consistently for about 4 or 5 months now on Wednesday nights, and we're talking about having a tourney sometime soon in case anyone either North or South of us would be interested! Just wanted to give a heads up!

Again, thanks for the responses! Lot of help! 

Jon

Rebel Alliance:                                                            Imperial Navy:

6 X-Wings | 4 Y-Wings | 4 B-Wings | 6 A-Wings|        | 7 TIE Fighter | 1 TIE Advanced | 7 TIE/In | 4 TIE Bomber |

2 E-Wings | 1 HWK-90 | 5 Z-95 | 1 YT-1300 |              | 2 TIE Defender | 4 TIE Phantom | 2 Firespray-31 |

1 GR-75 | 1 YT-2400 |                                                  | 2 Lamda Class Shuttle | 1 VT-49 Decimator |

#5 Spike IT

Spike IT

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:00 PM

I would come down to Longmont from Fort Collins on the occasional Wed/Thurs night for some X-Wing games - just confirm which night it will be.  I have called Atomic a couple of times to find out if anyone is playing on Wednesday nights to make it worth my while before driving down but was told don't bother because no one seemed to be there those nights. 

And if they will run a weekend tournament....it is almost a definite my son and I will be there.

Hope we can see you up at Haunted Game Cafe on an upcoming Monday night.

Lee

#6 Spike IT

Spike IT

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:28 PM

So what night will x-wing be played at Atomic this week - Wednesday or Thursday? Thinking of coming down this week if the schedule allows.

Lee

#7 jjohnson111

jjohnson111

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:31 PM

Lee

I am honestly not sure.  I haven't been at the shop to play in almost 3 weeks now.  2 weeks ago we of course had the flood, last week I was in Vegas for a work event, so I wasn't able to make it in that week either.  

I know LCG is played Wednesday nights. I am planning on playing that tomorrow as a new force pack dropped last week and I want to try the new cards.  Thursday is the night they have suggested as being mini's night with Star Trek also out now, but I'm not sure how far along that has come.

Jon

#8 spacemonkeymafia

spacemonkeymafia

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:43 PM

Hmm, Longmont is closer than Ft Collins (I'm in Thornton).  It's also closer than Co Springs where there is (was?) a pretty solid group playing.  Unfortunately, with 2 small kids, I can realistically only hit this maybe once a month.  I'd prefer weekends so that I could get the most play time but if there was a casual tournament or a group that wanted to get together, I'd be interested.  Like Lee, I'm in no position to work out a night with the missus, drive out there, only find one player who has time to hit one quick game and then takes off... If that player(s) was Lone Lee and cub though, I'd make the trip up as its likely half-way between us (or nearest we'll get) and you guys are good fun ;-) 

I'll be in Longmont Saturday October 5th to help a friend move.  I might be able to swing something later that afternoon if people are interested.  I know that doesn't jive with the Wednesday/Thursday idea but it sounds like we might need to talk to Atomic to confirm what night he is ok with.  If it's just the 3-4 of us, it may not matter what time/day we use.  Let me know!

-Christian

#9 Spike IT

Spike IT

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:27 PM

Hey Christian!

Good to hear from you. I think Sean and I could make it down to Longmont next Saturday afternoon if you will be able to get together. Let me know a time and we will see what we can do. Hopefully some others could make it as well and we could get a small group together to play.

I would to hear how the Thursday night group was at Atomic. I talked to somewhere there on Tuesday and they said this past Thursday was hopefully going to be the restart of their X-wing group, combined with Attack Wing and Magic on the same night. If even a couple people showed up, I will probably head down there to play next week. So hopefully someone can post about how the attendance was.

Lee

#10 Ailowynn

Ailowynn

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:09 PM

I've been trying to get a game to work out at the Atomic Goblin as well, but it seems like no one's ever there when I am (Thursdays at 6:30, at least on days that I don't have to work). Weird. Anyway, if yall go to the Goblin I might see you there sometime (not this week, but I ought to be free next).

#11 coyotius

coyotius

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:02 PM

I actually reside in Boulder - so I'm not too far from Highlands and I may try to make one of those, and Fort Collins is also an hour in the opposite direction, and I've wanted to stop by Haunted as well - so I'll try to make a Monday night in the near future! 

I work in Boulder on the weekends and might be open to playing a quick game on my lunch hour.  Maybe at Karliquin's since I'm almost next door to it.  I have a mat and ships I can loan (both factions).

Hmm, Longmont is closer than Ft Collins (I'm in Thornton). 

I'm in Thornton too and I played at TEG last Monday (and this upcoming Monday) in their casual league which starts at 6PM (search Colorado X-Wing on Facebook).  I'd be open to playing at my house once we had an initial meet-up.  My daughter plays too.  :)  For Thornton games Friday nights are best.

Either of you guys can PM if interested...I need a little heads up for games.

#12 Spike IT

Spike IT

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:53 PM

Aiolwynn - if you will be at Atomic on 10/10 (next Thursday, since you said you can't be there this coming Thursday), I will come down from Fort Collins to play. The store is open until 9 that night so hopefully we could get in a couple games.

Jon - Can you be at Atomic next Thursday as well to play?

Coyotius - What is TEG? I looked up the group on Facebook and see some members but nothing about where to play. I looked up game stores in Thornton but couldn't find a place with a name like that. I sent a request to join the group so I will see what happens from it. But it would be nice to find some more people to play against.

Christian - There is info on another Thornton-ite who plays. Hopefully that gives you someone/someplace you can play on a regular basis. Send me more info on your availability for playing next Saturday after helping your friend move. Would like to get together if we can. Need all the practice I can get with the wave 3 ships

Do any of you know about any tournaments or weekend play groups for X-Wing? Would definitely attend if possible.

Lee

#13 coyotius

coyotius

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:07 AM

Coyotius - What is TEG? I looked up the group on Facebook and see some members but nothing about where to play. I looked up game stores in Thornton but couldn't find a place with a name like that. I sent a request to join the group so I will see what happens from it. But it would be nice to find some more people to play against.

Hi Lee, TEG = Total Escape Games on Main & 120th in Broomfield. 

I saw that you just got accepted into the FB group so I'd just post that you're looking for a game in your area.  I wish Ft. Collins wasn't so far as it seems like there's a thriving gaming community up there.

#14 Ailowynn

Ailowynn

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:32 PM

Aiolwynn - if you will be at Atomic on 10/10 (next Thursday, since you said you can't be there this coming Thursday), I will come down from Fort Collins to play. The store is open until 9 that night so hopefully we could get in a couple games.

Hopefully I'll be able to. I'll know for sure by Tuesday, so I can post a yes or no then.

EDIT: make that Thursday

Edited by Ailowynn, 02 October 2013 - 08:37 PM.

#15 spacemonkeymafia

spacemonkeymafia

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:40 AM

So sad about TEG... I used to live 2 blocks from it but now I'm way out in Thornton :D 

Coyotius- it'd be great to meet up as well.  We can try it at TEG but it'll have to be next week at the earliest.  I'll work on my schedule for Monday 10/7 and let you know through this thread and PM you if I'm definitely able to go.  Unlike Longmont, Ft. Collins, or the Springs, I can make it there and actually get home at a respectable time on the weekdays.

Lee- I'll work on getting some clearance for Saturday afternoon.  It'd be great to get in a game.  I'll confirm as soon as I know, hopefully by/before Friday.

#16 coyotius

coyotius

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:20 PM

Right on spacemonkey.  I'm headed over there tonight for the second week of the league.  It's pretty much drop-in/drop-out so anyone who wants to play is welcome...runs from 6PM to whenever.  It would be nice to know a gamer over in my neck of the woods, so let me know. 

Mike

#17 spacemonkeymafia

spacemonkeymafia

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:14 PM

Aight, Coyotius, I'll be at TEG Monday Oct 7.  If this changes, I'll pm you. 

Still working to see if Saturday works out in Longmont, Lee. 

#18 jjohnson111

jjohnson111

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:28 PM

Jon - Can you be at Atomic next Thursday as well to play?

I can be, more than likely around 7-ish.  Work lets out at 6 and I'll have to bike home or bike to the shop one way or another which will take about an hour-ish.  So if that's cool, then I'll show up next Thursday.

Aight, Coyotius, I'll be at TEG Monday Oct 7.  If this changes, I'll pm you. 

Still working to see if Saturday works out in Longmont, Lee. 

I spoke to Jamie tonight while I was there playing the LCG and he suggested Saturdays may be hard on us at Atomic.  On Saturdays he has Pokemon going on, and he said there were about 40 kids there or so to play on Saturday.  Not to mention last Sat he held a tourney for Star Trek's new mini's game too, so it was quite packed.  He remarked that all the Trekkies said they wished the kids were not around.  He fears he would not have space for X-Wing on a Saturday for the near future.

Weekends will be hard for me, especially with all the flooding unfortunately.  Work will be requiring me to work both Sat/Sun. Bummer.

I've been trying to get a game to work out at the Atomic Goblin as well, but it seems like no one's ever there when I am (Thursdays at 6:30, at least on days that I don't have to work). Weird. Anyway, if yall go to the Goblin I might see you there sometime (not this week, but I ought to be free next).

Now that I've had feedback from this thread, I spoke to Jamie again tonight about playing X-Wing.  He suggests any night that works for us, works for him.  Right now Saturdays are crazy busy with Pokemon and a zillion kids around, but I believe he said he does have the game night kits.  

So what we need to do is pick a day that would work best for everyone, and currently it seems like Thursday evenings could possibly work out well for many of us - and then we just need to show up and game!

#19 Exar

Exar

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:39 AM

Regarding what we talked about last night Jon, I think I'll be picking the game up. I'll see if I can swing by on the 10 to watch or perhaps borrow / have my own and play some. 

Paul

#20 Spike IT

Spike IT

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:34 PM

Sounds like the 10th is going to work for some people. I will head to Atomic from Fort Collins after I get done with work. Should be there sometime between 630-7.

Christian - Let me know if we are going to be trying to meet there on Saturday for a couple pick-up games. If we do I will have Sean and a friend in tow. If anyone else wants to meet us as well, the more the merrier...as long as Atomic has space for some pickup play of X-Wing in addition to their Pokemon league.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS