9 replies to this topic

#1 jabberwoky

jabberwoky

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:29 PM

Pg. 77, Book of Judgement

Karrikian Lock-Arm

A character with a Karrikian Lock-Arm is treated as having Unnatural Strength (x3) for the purposes of grappling or restraining a target. In addition, the user gains a +20 bonus to Strength when making melee attacks using the arm.

----------------

If I have a Karrikian Lock-Arm on my dominant hand, do I gain a +20 to my strength when wielding a one-handed weapon in that hand? 

Or does the +20 to my strength only count when making a melee attack when grappling an opponent?

#2 Morangias

Morangias

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:11 AM

Since it simply says "melee attacks", I see no reason why you shouldn't apply the bonus to a weapon attack as long as it's made with that hand.

There is no truth in flesh, only betrayal.

There is no strenght in flesh, only weakness.
There is no constancy in flesh, only decay.
There is no certainty in flesh but death.

#3 Fgdsfg

Fgdsfg

Lrod-Iniquitsor

• Members
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:45 PM

Due to the way it's written, get two of them and get yourself a 2h-weapon.

Real men earn their fun

Unified WH40kRP Ruleset Homebrew - Personal Notes
Talking Necrons. Dreadknights. Centurion Armour. Sororitas-murdering Grey Knights.
These things are dumb and do not exist. This is non-negotiable and undebatable.

#4 jabberwoky

jabberwoky

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:52 PM

By RAW, wouldn't having two of them be somewhat overpowered?  Especially with someone wiith the Two-Weapon Wielder (Melee) feat?

#5 Fgdsfg

Fgdsfg

Lrod-Iniquitsor

• Members
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:46 AM

I'm not saying that it's not "overpowered", I'm just interpreting the way it's written, and the way it's written, it'd result in +40 Strength while wielding two-handed weapons (or even when wielding a 1h weapon with both hands, I guess).

Real men earn their fun

Talking Necrons. Dreadknights. Centurion Armour. Sororitas-murdering Grey Knights.

#6 jabberwoky

jabberwoky

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:53 PM

I believe the person would only gain a +20 to their strength.  Unlike in D&D, wielding a one-handed weapon in two hands doesn't incease the damage output.  Having two lock-arms would simply qualify you for the bonus for a two-handed weapon.

But then another question comes up, how does one acquire these lovely bionics?  The Book of Judgement lists their effectiveness, but does not list their availability or cost.

Edited by jabberwoky, 27 August 2013 - 12:54 PM.

#7 Fgdsfg

Fgdsfg

Lrod-Iniquitsor

• Members
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:42 PM

I believe the person would only gain a +20 to their strength.  Unlike in D&D, wielding a one-handed weapon in two hands doesn't incease the damage output.  Having two lock-arms would simply qualify you for the bonus for a two-handed weapon.

I'm not considering whether it's overpowered or not, I'm just reading the rules as written, and the way it's written, there's nothing preventing you from using two arms for a 1-handed weapon (usually), no matter whether it applies any other bonuses or not (..and it actually should, but yeah, it doesn't).

But then another question comes up, how does one acquire these lovely bionics?  The Book of Judgement lists their effectiveness, but does not list their availability or cost.

No-one knows. There's no table for the bionics in Book of Judgement, and Fantasy Flight Games are notoriously terrible when it comes to Errata, for some reason. The last Dark Heresy Errata is from 2009(!).

Now that they've started dropping the 1st Edition WH40kRP line, it's unlikely you'll ever see any updates of it again, unfortunately.

Real men earn their fun

#8 Jargal

Jargal

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:51 PM

http://community.fan...rices-official/

BoJ cybernetics prices.

#9 Fgdsfg

Fgdsfg

Lrod-Iniquitsor

• Members
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:17 AM

BoJ cybernetics prices.

See, this really gets me. They answer questions, routinely, yet they don't update the Errata, ever. Why don't they update the Errata as questions crop up and official answers are given?

Bah.

Real men earn their fun

#10 jabberwoky

jabberwoky

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:41 AM

BoJ cybernetics prices.

Many thanks Jargal.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS