Victory Points when Capturing Commanders

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 malgio

malgio

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:50 PM

Hi everyone, I've had a question for a while and was hoping to get an answer within the forum. As per usual, it is an interpretation issue:

In some scenarios, you get victory points for every unit you eliminate. Then, you get points for capturing enemy commanders (say 3 points). My question is the following: if you capture a commander, should you also include the 1 point for eliminating an enemy unit?

At first, my opinion was no. But then, I came across Ned Stark's ability, in which you can capture a commander without eliminating the unit. If you eliminate the unit afterwards, then you would get the extra point, which, to me, doesn't make sense. 

So, what are everyone's opinions?

Thanks!

Also... I was wondering if Ned's ability limits all damage to the commander, or if the rest of the unit can be harmed if you get enough hits on them.

#2 Gunshy

Gunshy

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:27 PM

although you eliminate the commander, the "Unit" as per the definition of the game hasn't been destroyed so you wouldn't get the credit until you kill the other figures in the unit.

also the card very clearly states that "All hits must be absorbed by the targeted unit's commander"

so no hits would carry over to the remaining units.

hope that helped

Edited by Gunshy, 23 August 2013 - 04:17 PM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS