Dark Heresy Equipment Book?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 derpkhan

derpkhan

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:06 PM

What are the chances of FFG releasing an equipment book for the WH40k range? I know there's a second edition of Dark Heresy on the way but I still think an equipment book would be neat. I know spreadsheets for this kinda thing exist but a full printed book with images would be much better!

#2 Lynata

Lynata

• Members
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:46 PM

The Inquisitor's Handbook has an index that includes not only the guns from its own content but also the guns from the core rulebook.

I know that later books added much more stuff to the list, but IH was supposed to be Dark Heresy's equipment book - even though it became "outdated".

Or are you looking for a book that covers every single one of FFG's 40k RPGs? That would be tricky, as a lot of stuff has different profiles depending on the game you are looking at. This is not a unified ruleset. Although I suppose they could solve this by having the book feature tables that cover each of the available games ...

• derpkhan likes this
current 40k RPG character: Aura Vashaan, Astromancer Witch-Priestess
previous characters: Captain Elias (Celestial Lions Chapter -- debriefed), Comrade-Trooper Dasha Malenko (1207th Valhallan Ice Warriors -- KIA), Sister Elana (Order of the Sacred Rose -- assassinated), Leftenant Darion Baylesworth (Rogue Trader Artemisia -- retired), Taleera "Raven" Nephran (Hive Ganger & Inquisitorial Assassin -- mindwiped)

#3 Saldre

Saldre

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:47 PM

Try the Macharian Handbook, I find its an amazing resource and it works quite well for what you're looking for. 

Edited by Saldre, 08 August 2013 - 06:47 PM.

• derpkhan likes this

#4 Lynata

Lynata

• Members
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:05 PM

Right, fan resources are always an option, too!

Here's a link to what Saldre mentioned.

current 40k RPG character: Aura Vashaan, Astromancer Witch-Priestess
previous characters: Captain Elias (Celestial Lions Chapter -- debriefed), Comrade-Trooper Dasha Malenko (1207th Valhallan Ice Warriors -- KIA), Sister Elana (Order of the Sacred Rose -- assassinated), Leftenant Darion Baylesworth (Rogue Trader Artemisia -- retired), Taleera "Raven" Nephran (Hive Ganger & Inquisitorial Assassin -- mindwiped)

#5 derpkhan

derpkhan

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:05 AM

The Inquisitor's Handbook has an index that includes not only the guns from its own content but also the guns from the core rulebook.

I know that later books added much more stuff to the list, but IH was supposed to be Dark Heresy's equipment book - even though it became "outdated".

Or are you looking for a book that covers every single one of FFG's 40k RPGs? That would be tricky, as a lot of stuff has different profiles depending on the game you are looking at. This is not a unified ruleset. Although I suppose they could solve this by having the book feature tables that cover each of the available games ...

That would be the kind of thing I was hoping for. I do want to get the Handbook but my players are new to RPGs and I don't want to overwhelm them.

Try the Macharian Handbook, I find its an amazing resource and it works quite well for what you're looking for. 

Very awesome! Thanks.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS