High quality scans of promo AOs?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Zapranoth

Zapranoth

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:49 PM

Does anyone have high res scans of the promotional ancient ones, that they could direct me to?

The ones Tibs uploaded are awesome.  :)  But to print them myself it'd be great if I could get  higher res files than the ones on boardgamegeek.

#2 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,114 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:31 PM

Not so sure I get the point... isn't this in a quality good enough to be printed?

Anyhow, images are quite easy to find on the net, so, in case you're not happy with the BGG definition you could recreate the AO ex novo via SE

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#3 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,561 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:34 AM

The files I uploaded have the prints between 150 and 200 dpi, I think. Standard "high quality" is 300 dpi. But the problem with scanning a printout at that high res, or higher, is that you get a deleterious Moiré pattern. You really have to know how to remove that to take advantage of such high quality.

#4 Zapranoth

Zapranoth

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:36 AM

That tells me what I need to know!  Thank you both for your advice.  I'll give them a try.

#5 Tox

Tox

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:16 AM

I recreated them, translating them in the process, through Strange Eons. Wasn't too difficult.

• Julia likes this

#6 Zapranoth

Zapranoth

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:30 PM

Tox, how did you print them, and did you like the result?

#7 Tox

Tox

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:46 AM

I printed them directly through Strange Eons. The result is great, they would look exactly like the normal ones (I have laminated all of them), except my printer's ink is not exactly top quality :P So overall they are a bit darker than the normal ones.

Advantages of doing it with Strange Eons: you can use any high-resolution images you find on the net. I changed "new" Cthulhu's because I didn't really like the official one. And when you print, it's exactly the right dimension.

• Julia likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS