• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#61 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:05 AM

Great news! Every update makes the game better and better!

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#62 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:35 PM

Pardon me if this is a silly question Nomad_Carl, but is an iPhone version in the works, like with Prologue, or is the full game just too big for an iPhone? I've never had much interest in the iPad - but if it meant I could get more Talisman games in, well...

#63 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:49 AM

I would buy the IPad or Android versions, but for me phone screens are generally too small to play Talisman DE!

#64 Nomad_Carl

Nomad_Carl

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:28 AM

Pardon me if this is a silly question Nomad_Carl, but is an iPhone version in the works, like with Prologue, or is the full game just too big for an iPhone? I've never had much interest in the iPad - but if it meant I could get more Talisman games in, well...

It's not a silly question at all!

We are planning on doing a version for phones, but there's a lot of text on-screen so we need to find an elegant way to present everything. At the moment, the game does work on phones but it's not very playable due to the small text size. Once we've fixed that problem then we will release it. It will be a couple of months I think.

Carl

#65 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:46 PM

It's not a silly question at all!

We are planning on doing a version for phones, but there's a lot of text on-screen so we need to find an elegant way to present everything. At the moment, the game does work on phones but it's not very playable due to the small text size. Once we've fixed that problem then we will release it. It will be a couple of months I think.

Carl

Wow! I didn't think it would even be happening, and here you're telling me it's just a matter of months.

Carry on with yo' bad self! I'll be ready to buy when the time comes. :)

[EDIT: Also, I don't know what's up with my funky text in this post...]

Edited by I. J. Thompson, 25 April 2014 - 05:47 PM.

#66 tarasis

tarasis

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 04:26 AM

I understand exactly why it's not there (spells) but it was a little disappointing that async gaming wasn't supported.

#67 VicRattlehed

VicRattlehed

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:16 AM

Hello Carl ,

I was wondering if you have plans to bring Talisman DE to other formats as well such as ps4 etc ..

#68 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:54 AM

I would love DE on PS3

#69 Nomad_Carl

Nomad_Carl

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:52 AM

Hello Carl ,

I was wondering if you have plans to bring Talisman DE to other formats as well such as ps4 etc .

Android is up next. There are no current plans for a console version, but that doesn't mean it won't happen eventually!

#70 Artaterxes

Artaterxes

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:28 AM

The digital edition is a really good product...I'm proud of the Nomad team :)

#71 VicRattlehed

VicRattlehed

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:42 AM

Hello Carl ,

I was wondering if you have plans to bring Talisman DE to other formats as well such as ps4 etc .

Android is up next. There are no current plans for a console version, but that doesn't mean it won't happen eventually!

Thanks . The game seems amazing ! Can't wait to get my hands on it . Keep up the good work

P.S

Is it going to find it's way to blackberry playbook as well ?

#72 Nomad_Carl

Nomad_Carl

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:20 AM

Hello Carl ,

Thanks . The game seems amazing ! Can't wait to get my hands on it . Keep up the good work

P.S

Is it going to find it's way to blackberry playbook as well ?

Blackberry Playbook is very unlikely. We released Prologue for that platform and it didn't sell very well.

#73 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:09 AM

If this game was released for OSX or PS3/4 I'd probably play every other night.  :)

• VicRattlehed likes this

#74 The Hunter

The Hunter

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:42 AM

Bought the iPad version.
Noticed it is more faithful to the rules than Prologue.
But noticed a couple of things that contradict what has been discussed at the forum (but will stick by those rules as the DE is made by Games Workshop):
The Priest can destroy the Spirit at the Crags, but not sure if he could get a spell as I had my full complement at the time.
At the Vampire's Tower, I had the Poltergeist but could not discard it instead of losing a life. I did have about five other followers at the time though.

Just one bug at the Village.
If visiting the blacksmith, then you change you mind and wish to visit the mystic instead, tapping on the mystic sends you back to the blacksmith.
If an AI opponent tries this, it loops about half a dozen times until the AI decides to acquire and object.

But, a very good game that would be useful for beginners before they take on the actual board game.

#75 Bolithio

Bolithio

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:31 PM

Got DE for for Idap. After about a dozen games, I have found the overall experience to be good... A few things I noticed, not sure if they are rules that I have wrong but...

Apparently you can only use the Mercenary for offense... I have been unable to pay him to help when being attacked.

Apparently you can steal a mule as the thief when at village or market. In the 'real' game, we have always thought the thief can only take Objects from the purchase deck. 

AI. The AI is pretty good, but I have noticed some weird loops they get in, such as the elf going back and forth between forest spaces that have items the AI apparently doesn't want - leaving them there over and over again.

I also have encountered a few bugs where the game freezes, or seems to get bogged down during more complex card interactions. The solution has been to back out of the program and force close, then to restart the app and resume game.

My only other criticism is the grind at the end - It seems like it takes sooo long to either be killed by the crown or to kill all the players.

#76 The Hunter

The Hunter

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:02 PM

According to the Thief's character card, he can steal ANY object from the Purchase deck, even if the item is unavailable to buy.

Another issue I had was trying to cast Immobility on the Sentinel at the start of a battle, but I could only queue the spell and could not cast it until the next player's turn, where I could cast it on any character or creature on the board. I cast the spell on the Sentinel, but when it got to my turn, the spell's effect wore off.

#77 Bolithio

Bolithio

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:30 AM

Right, but is the mule an object?

Also, how do you take a follower from a character you land on with the sorceress? I could not figure it out.

#78 The Hunter

The Hunter

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:49 AM

Looks like I misquoted here.
His character cards says that ge can take ONE CARD of his choice for free.

The Sorceress has an ability to beguile followers from any characters she encounters.
You need to select Encounter Character, then choose Beguile rather than Battle.

Edited by The Hunter, 17 May 2014 - 05:51 AM.

#79 Artaterxes

Artaterxes

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:19 AM

Note that "beguile" and "take follower" are separate abilities. Beguile gives you a 1/6-1/2 chance of taking an object depending on the alignment of your target. Take follower simply swipes a follower like the thief swipes an object. Relevant options will show up when you encounter a character.

The thief can take any card from the purchase deck, mules included.

#80 Bolithio

Bolithio

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:50 AM

When I land on a character with the sorceress, I have two options: encounter space or encounter character. If I encounter character, it gives me three options: attack in battle, attack in psychic combat, or beguile. I could not for the life of me find a way to take a follower....

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS