Talisman - Digital Edition

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#41 Uvatha

Uvatha

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:41 PM

I agree with Talismanamsilat I played a online muti-player today with him it was going well until it had sinc issues and looped out. I would be ok if the game success was at least 80% but 10% is very bad indeed. He is totally right it is early access but one would think early access meant some bugs and a better game completion, you have to understand most of us want to play against other players not ai (which has issues as well). I personally have never completed a online game all the way through but I have not been keeping record or how many games I've attempted.

I think a big thumbs up to Nomad games but in the meantime we need the muti-player sinc fixed so we can at least finish a game :).

#42 Uvatha

Uvatha

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:35 PM

Update today :).

Played three games not one completed still has sinc+game issues. Sad :(.

#43 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:19 AM

Couldn't even start an online 3 player private game. Froze on 1 second. We all tried being host!

#44 GrimGuvna

GrimGuvna

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:14 PM

Aye tis a shame all these bugs but I think Nomad games did the right thing by putting it out on early access so they can rectify these virtual heeby jeebies before final version is released.

The crazy sorceress was engaged in epic combat with the monk on the CoC and what did she do?  Try to beguile the goodly friartuck every round and failing miserably despite having a craft advantage to engage friar tuck in psychic combat.  Silly AI.

Despite these bugs Im having a blast online, just as much fun if not more than Battlefield and COD.

Keep it going Nomad dudes, doing a fine job.

#45 klexx

klexx

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:01 PM

Loving this digital edition, i think i prefer it this way, looking forward to more fantasy flight games in digital , maybe Runebound? Or Descent?

#46 chemical22

chemical22

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:00 PM

Just purchased it.  Played 2 and a half games with the AI, and so far I am 1-1.

My experience:

1. I found a few minor bugs. Each game probably experiences 2-3 of them.  None were game breaking. I can recall one was with the preservation spell which for the life of me, It would not let me cast.  Another couple instances where the game got confused and gave me no option to continue... just hung up like it was waiting for me to do something (I ended up quitting and continuing the saved game, which worked fine).  I've had a few unexpected quits. 

I also think it gets confused a bit (or at least I do) when play is happening and I'm looking at cards in play or character information.  This may be more of a flaw with the UI design than an actual bug.

2. It feels very much like the board game, and I really enjoy that aspect.  They have captured that perfectly.

3. I like the added leveling and goal mechanics.   I feel like they need more goals - maybe that will come with time.

4. I was not a fan of the graphics... board doesnt have the charm of the original game and the characters look too crude as cut out photo images of the pieces.  This presentation needed to be a bit more high end.

5.  Overall the user interface is average... It's not as slick as it could be, and is confusing in some areas.  But to its credit, I've also seen much worse.

Overall.. I'll give it a 3 out of 5 stars right now.  Considering buying the reaper expansion as I've been told that really improves play.

Edited by chemical22, 30 January 2014 - 12:04 PM.

#47 Artaterxes

Artaterxes

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:56 PM

Digital Edition is definitely going in the right direction, combining rules purity with elegant and smooth interface and graphics. Just gotta get the bugs out and clean up / make clearer the text, maybe add the music from Prologue, and it'll be amazing!

#48 VladVoivode

VladVoivode

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:05 AM

I really love this digital edition and yes, I would absolutely recommend getting The Reaper expansion as it adds more adventure cards and of course good old Thanatos himself.

I've asked on the Steam forums last week when/if a big box expansion is in the works and I have yet to receive a reply.

I really hope FFG will do more games digitally. Elder Signs: Omens is also released digitally and I like it too. But the games I would really love to see digitally are Runebound - which I think would EASILY lend itself to a digital format, Descent, but with a very robust scenario generator and a competent AI to test scenariois against, and possible Runewars, although with Age of Wonders III coming out which is a classic franchise, FFG might be taking a larger risk competing against it.

Also, I had the bizarre idea of playing physical Talisman but adding in some random adventure cards face down on the board. The adventure deck would be shuffled and each player in turn would add a card face down in the outer and middle regions. You would still draw cards as normal but also have to encounter the face down card as well. What do you guys think of this?

#49 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:38 PM

New update today fixing a lot of stuff! They recently added languages too!

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#50 Pasko75

Pasko75

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:12 PM

Its great! I find it cool to be able to play the game in French. It will be so good when all expansions becomes available.

#51 sanityismyvanity

sanityismyvanity

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:49 PM

Today is official release day! Exorcist and Runestone DLC are also available today.

• talismanisland likes this

#52 Vandal Thorne

Vandal Thorne

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:03 PM

Warlock quest bug. So a friend of mine and I were playing and we got into a situation where we were essentially in an infinite loop. I was the wizard on the crown of command and my friend was playing the dwarf. He had the runesword and alot of strength and craft but because he had the warlock quest for taking 1 life from another player, he was locked out of the inner ring with no way to hurt my wizard. I was hurting him with the command spell but he kept regenerating by killing enemies. Perhaps the rule that one cannot enter the inner region while on a warlock quest should be voided once there are only 2 players left in the game?

#53 pirateclem

pirateclem

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:21 AM

Just wanted to resurect this thread and give a bit of a shout out to the developers.  I was not aware that this game was out, downloaded the base game last night and enjoyed the heck out of it.  Enough that I went for the season pass to support the developers as well as get the additional content.  Really fun.  I played local only and I think ran into one bug where I cast a spell and I don't think it worked, otherwise play was very solid.  AI was pretty tough and most all AI decissions were pretty good.  Maybe two bone-head moves but maybe not.  Once AI saved me from losing a life but may have needed to cycle a spell too...dunno.

Regardless; I would say a very solid and fun game.  It felt alot like the board game and I honestly had alot of fun.  There was that tense feeling of "one more turn".   Well done, I am really looking forward to more content.  Anyone have any idea on the release of the next expansion for the DE?

I'm thinking about trying out an online multiplayer tonight.  If you guys have not checked out the DE version yet, you should!

Edited by pirateclem, 15 April 2014 - 08:22 AM.

#54 DomaGB

DomaGB

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:35 PM

Yeah I won a copy recently, but haven't had a chance to play it yet...I like video games, I like Talisman, just haven't been too inspired to jump in yet.

RoboRally, then Talisman. That's the way it is... ;)

#55 BatHead

BatHead

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:54 PM

The next expansion should be either Frostmarch or Blood Moon, I think.

#56 WombatMan

WombatMan

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:43 PM

I just checked the Nomad Games website.  It says The Frostmarch is the next expansion to be released.  All it says is expansion pack COMING SOON.  Last time I checked with them, sometime in March this year, they said The Frostmarch is scheduled for release in April / May this year.  So it is expected to be released in the next month or so.  They also said that each expansion should be released about 3 to 4 months after the last expansion.

#57 Nomad_Carl

Nomad_Carl

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:30 AM

Thanks for your kind words! It's much appreciated.

The next expansion is Frostmarch and we're hoping to release it towards the end of May.

Carl

Just wanted to resurect this thread and give a bit of a shout out to the developers.  I was not aware that this game was out, downloaded the base game last night and enjoyed the heck out of it.  Enough that I went for the season pass to support the developers as well as get the additional content.  Really fun.  I played local only and I think ran into one bug where I cast a spell and I don't think it worked, otherwise play was very solid.  AI was pretty tough and most all AI decissions were pretty good.  Maybe two bone-head moves but maybe not.  Once AI saved me from losing a life but may have needed to cycle a spell too...dunno.

Regardless; I would say a very solid and fun game.  It felt alot like the board game and I honestly had alot of fun.  There was that tense feeling of "one more turn".   Well done, I am really looking forward to more content.  Anyone have any idea on the release of the next expansion for the DE?

I'm thinking about trying out an online multiplayer tonight.  If you guys have not checked out the DE version yet, you should!

#58 TheMetal1

TheMetal1

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:58 PM

Thank you for making this.  I got the DE shortly after it came out  and got the multiple game pack to distro to friends on steam.  It is an excellent translation of the board game and loads of fun.  I've gotten in more Talisman because of the DE and it's allowed me to explore a lot of different characters.  I've got all the expansion in the dead tree & plastic version and will continue to do so because of the the DE.   

AI is OK and prologue is fun in it's own right.  The biggest challenge though is that I have yet to complete a multi-player game because it crashes. Very frustrating after investing so much time in it with my online friends.

That being said, I'm sticking with it and going with the season pass. Why?  

1.   I because every time we played the experience got better and our games though ending abruptly, got longer.

2.  The games so far is superb and I have full faith that the bugs will be fixed - sooner than later.

3.  I am determined to win the Crown of Command in multi-player!

Edited by TheMetal1, 21 April 2014 - 07:59 PM.

#59 Thels

Thels

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:30 AM

Yeah, if it wasn't for the unfortunate instability of the online multiplayer game, this game would be great! Hopefully, the online multiplayer game gets it's stability issues sorted out soon, before too many players lose interest over everbreaking games...

#60 Nomad_Carl

Nomad_Carl

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:27 AM

We are working on the online stability right now, thanks for your patience so far.

We've been concurrently working on the iPad version which has highlighted some online issues which exist in the PC version too, so we hope to release an update soon with some improvements. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS