Eljared/Elhazzard question

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 alyssmajere

alyssmajere

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:58 PM

I was reading about Eljared and this being Elhazzared. I am wondering if they are of the same person and also what you guys think about this being? I wanted to incorporate her in my campaign so any ideas would be greatful. 

#2 Nurddude

Nurddude

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:59 AM

There are many different theories on Eljared being Elhazzared. I (personally) like the idea that the being are the same, and  there is much evidence scattered throughout the books/artwork that goes either way.

As for incorporating her, she is a manipulative mastermind who's goals are to remove Imperium's control over the world. She would probably be staying in the shadows, do to the fact that 1) She is assumed dead, and 2) Imperium would stop at nothing to make sure of that fact. She could be incorporated  be a hidden benefactor who gives the Characters various mission that help with her further her goals, and when the Characters learn of her identity and/or her goal, the must decide what actions to take.

#3 Xeldrakka

Xeldrakka

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:34 PM

Where can we find more information on these theories? And for that matter, where can we find more information on Elhazzared? The only referrence I've seen to her is Rah naming the unshaped entity in the machine at the end of Beyond The Dreams.

I like the lore to the world and am looking to start GMing a group soon, but at times it feels a bit overwhelming. Lots of enemies, lots of world altering events and big time names, and yet no real end game or movement. Seems like the only guy whose ambitions are stated is the leader of the Imperium. We've got lots of other big names though, but no real advice on how to encorporate them into a campaign.

I'd love to hear some thoughts on the lore, or at least find a place such a conversation is occuring.

He conqueres twice, who conqueres himself first.

#4 VoidCabbage

VoidCabbage

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:42 AM

Xeldrakka, you should check out the other official Anima forums over at http://cipher-studios.com/AnimaBB/. It gets a lot more traffic than this forum and I believe there is a currently active thread on the 'Mysteries of Gaia'. Just keep in mind that certain things (Lucanor's true obejctive, Eljared's true objective, etc) are left purposely untold so that the GM may fill in what fits best for their game.

#5 Xeldrakka

Xeldrakka

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:24 AM

Forgive my ignorance, but which character is Lucanor? I'm still pretty new to this, so not all of the big name NPCs have stuck in my head. He isn't the filthy rich tech pusher with some of the dark coins, right?

#6 Rudeboygraves

Rudeboygraves

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:00 AM

Lucanor is the prince of Lucrecio, the last living member of the Giovanni family (the line of Emperors), father killer, creator and leader of Wiessenchast, and one of the most brilliant minds in Gaia.

#7 Xeldrakka

Xeldrakka

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:40 PM

Okay.. that's who I thought he was. Totally forgot he was a Giovanni though. Also, isn't his brilliance due, in part, to the fact he has a few of the Black Coins?

#8 VoidCabbage

VoidCabbage

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:39 PM

He came across those coins only fairly recently. It was due to his own personal brilliance that he was able to escape a labyrinth prison by age nine, got his doctorate in Philosphy and Science by age 12-13, and created the greatest spy ring in the world (Wissenschaft).

Edited by VoidCabbage, 11 October 2013 - 04:39 PM.

#9 cdcace

cdcace

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:10 PM

Just to make things Clear, Lucanor didn't create Wissenschaft on his own. He is a co-founder of Wissenchaft along with Loctus Khan Schwarzwald. Can't forget that master mind, I for one love that character and have had him incorporated in many a games. Although due to his name being hard to remember for all the players, we simply call him Richard.

Although Eljared/Elhazzard being the same person makes it cool for a story point, and Gaia definitely does hint at it,

"Eljared is merely one of the many aliases that she has used over the years, as she herself stated, a “word play” on her real name." Gaia Volume 1 pg 282

#10 Xeldrakka

Xeldrakka

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

Just to make things Clear, Lucanor didn't create Wissenschaft on his own. He is a co-founder of Wissenchaft along with Loctus Khan Schwarzwald. Can't forget that master mind, I for one love that character and have had him incorporated in many a games. Although due to his name being hard to remember for all the players, we simply call him Richard.

Although Eljared/Elhazzard being the same person makes it cool for a story point, and Gaia definitely does hint at it,

"Eljared is merely one of the many aliases that she has used over the years, as she herself stated, a “word play” on her real name." Gaia Volume 1 pg 282

Completely unfamiliar with Mr Schwarzwald, but I do recall that line about Eljared's name.

#11 cdcace

cdcace

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:39 PM

Completely unfamiliar with Mr Schwarzwald, but I do recall that line about Eljared's name.

How can you not know of him, OMG you need to learn of him. He is the first person to use the process, being the one who invited it, he saw best to test it on himself. Look him up Page 285 Gaia Volume 1.

#12 Nurddude

Nurddude

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:42 PM

I agree with cdcace. Scharzwald has to be one of the biggest (and most interesting) NPC in Gaia.

#13 Pelmir

Pelmir

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:14 PM

Okay.. that's who I thought he was. Totally forgot he was a Giovanni though. Also, isn't his brilliance due, in part, to the fact he has a few of the Black Coins?

It was Elijhared who gave them to him (something I read on the spanish forum)

In Gaia II there is the story of the breach of the heavens (I don't really remember the english name) and we can do the hypothesis that Elijhared isn't dead, BUT I think AS himself said that she will not interfere with Gaia history no more.

#14 Nurddude

Nurddude

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

There was a rather large and hefty discussion on her in the official forums, and many veteran players agreed that AS purposefully left her fate up to each GM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS