Photo

Fantasy Flight Games: Bring back HeroQuest!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Zophar

Zophar

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:20 AM

To whom it may concern at FFG,

I've been playing board games / CCG / LCGs / etc for many years now, and lately I've been thinking about the board game that got me into it all... HeroQuest, circa 1991! I absolutely was blown away by a board game that had different scenarios, monster figures, but most important of all... the furniture! I loved it all! Even though by today's standards the rules were a little crude and undefined in some places, and it got way too easy as you leveled up, it was such a fun game and some of my best gaming memories are from that time.

So... since it was set in the WarHammer universe, and FFG has the rights to the Warhammer series... why not remake it? I can think of no better game to remake. No offense to Descent, but nothing beats Zargon raining down the forces of evil gargoyles, goblins, and femirs... and did I mention the FURNITURE? (If you do remake this, don't change the furniture into tokens! hehehe...)

OK, who agrees? What do we have to do to make our voices heard?

Brad "Zophar" Levicoff

#2 Pac_Man3D

Pac_Man3D

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:29 AM

Count me in. I enjoy Descent 2e, but Heroquest has the exploration aspect going for it, which adds an extra level of enjoyment - and the fact that the whole family can play it within minutes, with very little rules explanation for newbies. Update the board, miniatures, skill and combat rules (while retaining the simplicity) and this could be great.

#3 Sanjay

Sanjay

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:50 AM

Absolutely the best product idea I've heard in a long time.  It's beyond me how a wildly popular game like HeroQuest hasn't been reprinted yet.  Every gamer I know speaks to the greatness of this dungeon crawler classic.  Some even refer to it as the "Granddaddy of Dungeon Crawlers" in the same way people speak of Gary Gygax with regard to RPGs.

While you're at it...I'd love to see a collector's edition with kick-ass, prepainted minis.

Do it, FFG.  Do it soon.  I'd buy it in a second.

Edited by Sanjay, 31 October 2013 - 06:51 AM.

#4 darwich

darwich

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:36 PM

For everyone interested there is a kickstarter for this.

Click here

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS