Next Force Set?

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 FiendishDevil

FiendishDevil

• Members
  • 385 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:08 AM

Has there been any mention or rumors on the theme for the next set of Force Packs?

Endor? Tatooine? Dagobah? Cloud City? Death Star? Dare I ask...Naboo?

I can sort of see them doing maybe a "Rise of the Empire", "Fall of the Republic", or "The Jedi Purge" themed set next...

Or maybe "The Kessel Run" themed set? Would like to see me some Maw Installation stuff :)

#2 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:11 AM

Not yet. Announcement is expected this month if it is to start in November after Balance of the Force drops in October.

#3 FiendishDevil

FiendishDevil

• Members
  • 385 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:17 AM

Mmm..

So FP5 August. FP6 September. Balance in Oct. I can't remember if FFG normally takes a month break between cycles?

#4 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:20 AM

They do sometimes so it is possible no announcement till September and start in December.

#5 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:38 PM

My hope: Endor. I want to see the Tribal Support objective set get some...well, support.

• Corrinmana and spalanzani like this

#6 scarletnite

scarletnite

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:49 PM

This kind of delay has happened before in Game of Thrones. IDEALLY and NORMALLY, FFG tries to have cycles run back to back, such that 1 ends and then next month a new one begins. But a year and half ago, there was a 4-month delay between cycles, with very little support FFG over that time frame. It was a sad, lonely set of months... 

Check out the The Smuggler's Den podcast, a Star Wars LCG fan podcast. Our Facebook page. Or email us at smugglersdenpodcast at gmail dot com 

#7 Sephirex

Sephirex

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:54 PM

This kind of delay has happened before in Game of Thrones. IDEALLY and NORMALLY, FFG tries to have cycles run back to back, such that 1 ends and then next month a new one begins. But a year and half ago, there was a 4-month delay between cycles, with very little support FFG over that time frame. It was a sad, lonely set of months... 

Stop it.  You're scaring me.

• GroggyGolem likes this

#8 Magni

Magni

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:07 PM

They are probably prepping for gencon/worlds, I don't think we will see anything from Endor, it would be weird to go from 1 battle to the next I hope we see more a open ended cycle.  I want Black Sun, i want Lukes time in his Dojo on Tatooine making his 2nd lightsaber, I want Biggs, Porkins,

+++ Engagement: Resolve Strikes +++

magni strikes with greedo for 2 unit damage to Han Solo and 1 Blast Damage.

#9 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:53 PM

What delay ? August just started. We have product announced all the way to October. November is 3 months from August so if the next cycle is to start right after Balance of the Force it will be announced this month. There is no delay at this time. We have two more force packs then Balance of the Force. So the next 3 months are already mapped out.

• Brendoncarr likes this

#10 Leia Hourglass

Leia Hourglass

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:09 PM

It'd be better if they just made one pack based on one event or location. Endor pack, Black Sun, Coruscant Senate, etc. Make them slightly bigger. 60 cards a pack once every two months.

#11 Saej

Saej

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:43 PM

It'd be better if they just made one pack based on one event or location. Endor pack, Black Sun, Coruscant Senate, etc. Make them slightly bigger. 60 cards a pack once every two months.

They already do 60 cards per pack...

• Toqtamish likes this

#12 Sephirex

Sephirex

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:45 PM

What delay ? August just started. We have product announced all the way to October. November is 3 months from August so if the next cycle is to start right after Balance of the Force it will be announced this month. There is no delay at this time. We have two more force packs then Balance of the Force. So the next 3 months are already mapped out.

October is a guess only for Balance of the Force, and we have product for September only because the July Force pack missed its intended shelf date.  The force pack well was originally intended to dry up in August.   They could possibly have delayed the release intentionally to ensure there's no month without a release, but it's definitely been a little wonky.

Edited by Sephirex, 02 August 2013 - 06:49 PM.

#13 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:44 PM

October is a guess only for Balance of the Force, and we have product for September only because the July Force pack missed its intended shelf date.  The force pack well was originally intended to dry up in August.   They could possibly have delayed the release intentionally to ensure there's no month without a release, but it's definitely been a little wonky.

They delayed the release as soon as they noticed two things in one month. Most of us saw that coming a mile away.

October is 3 months from July. To keep things flowing we see balance then. It is possible given previous history they take a break after a deluxe expansion. If we see no announcement this month then we know next cycle will start in December after a 1 month break.

After collecting 5 LCGs since 2009 I pretty much have FFG figured out.

#14 cephalgia

cephalgia

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:45 PM

October is a guess only for Balance of the Force.

FFG confirmed Multiplayer for Worlds - Balance of the Force has to be October.

#15 The Gas

The Gas

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:33 PM

October is a guess only for Balance of the Force.

FFG confirmed Multiplayer for Worlds - Balance of the Force has to be October.

Oooh, good to know. :)

#16 Teokrata

Teokrata

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:57 AM

"RETURN OF THE JEDI" I think :)

#17 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:03 PM

Return of the Jedi would be cool.

Welcome to the machine!

#18 Leia Hourglass

Leia Hourglass

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:25 PM

How about a theme based around Jedi and then Sith?

#19 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:36 AM

My money is on Endor cycle.

#20 bobafett012

bobafett012

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:04 AM

My money is on Endor cycle.

I too believe that endor is next up.

my thinking is somewhere on the lines of what we got in the core set.   they gave us boba fett, han solo which both factions were expanded on, and then we have 1 set of ewoks which i think is where they will go next.  lots of good stuff for both sides with endor.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS