Photo

Who would you least want to use in a game with just one investigator?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Mud Turkey 13

Mud Turkey 13

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:01 AM

This question came up in my topic about who you would most want to use if you were playing with one investigator.  So, thinking just the opposite...

Who would be the worst investigator to use in a game if you could only have that one investigator?

#2 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,588 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:06 AM

Any investigator whose speed maxes at 3. And then, whoever starts with the fewest clues among those.

• Julia likes this

#3 subochre

subochre

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:56 PM

Hahaha, your music isn't any use to you now, Patrice!  Nothing can save you except your absurd rate of clue generation

• Tibs likes this

#4 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:08 PM

And I always hate to play Vincent. He's... so hopeless

• Krysmopompas likes this
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#5 Dr.Faust

Dr.Faust

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:37 PM

Yeah, Vincent just has no hope of redeeming himself. Everyone, and I mean, everyone has their uses, but I would never pick Vincent unless someone threatened to burn all of my boards and game components.

• Julia likes this

#6 Mud Turkey 13

Mud Turkey 13

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:28 PM

Poor Vincent. 

#7 El Mariachi

El Mariachi

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:01 PM

Agreed, Vincent. Awful rules and worse artwork!

• Krysmopompas likes this

#8 Dr.Faust

Dr.Faust

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 04:54 AM

It's like--Vincent is the game's dumpstat. XD And yeah, his art is weird--I feel bad since I know the artist is likely someone on DA that Fantasy Flight went to and asked for a pic but...really, Fantasy? Couldn't just take one for the team and get another artist for Vincent, huh?

#9 stevetattersall1975

stevetattersall1975

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:04 AM

I don't really want to play with any single investigator. It just skews the game.

#10 jgt7771

jgt7771

Saving the world from cosmic evil since 2006

• Members
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:33 PM

Charlie, Vincent, or George. Never seem to get them right, even with other players...but alone? I might as well get Diana's cloak and join the other side!
What was that noise?

#11 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:54 PM

Hi Jgt, welcome back :)

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]

#12 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:24 PM

so, where have you been, my friend?

The Professor

http://crafthulhu.squarespace.com

#13 jgt7771

jgt7771

Saving the world from cosmic evil since 2006

• Members
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:19 PM

Thanks guys. Still not completely back, like a Yog cultist, but gimme a few months and I'll materialize fully corporeal.
What was that noise?

#14 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:40 AM

Thanks guys. Still not completely back, like a Yog cultist, but gimme a few months and I'll materialize fully corporeal.

Love to hear that! Hugs :)

#15 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:37 AM

Welcome back ~ get well soon!  Arkham needs you!

The Professor

http://crafthulhu.squarespace.com

#16 Avi_dreader

Avi_dreader

Evil Rules Lawyer From Hell

• Members
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:34 PM

Hahaha, your music isn't any use to you now, Patrice!  Nothing can save you except your absurd rate of clue generation

I originally misread this as rat generator.  This is what I get from skimming while half asleep.  Arcane insight into the rat generator :'D Manifest rat!  Manifest rat!  Manifest rat!  Suddenly I dislike Patrice slightly less...

Ah hello Jgt, I see you've crept back into the internet ether too.

#17 Schwaig

Schwaig

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:27 PM

Yeah, Vincent just has no hope of redeeming himself. Everyone, and I mean, everyone has their uses, but I would never pick Vincent unless someone threatened to burn all of my boards and game components.

In my opinion the only possible use of Vincent is if you want to get some exhibition items from the Pharaoh. But even then you may go better with Lily. And it is not really likely that one would go for a bunch of exhibition stuff in a solo game I guess.

• Dr.Faust likes this

#18 Dr.Faust

Dr.Faust

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:50 AM

In my opinion the only possible use of Vincent is if you want to get some exhibition items from the Pharaoh. But even then you may go better with Lily. And it is not really likely that one would go for a bunch of exhibition stuff in a solo game I guess.

That is a good point, yeah. But that would be the ONLY situation, unless you were using created content that hit Stamina alot.

I think Vincent was created solely for the purpose to be the 'Carolyn Fern' for Stamina. Unfortunately, that means he really isn't going to see much action UNLESS paired with Agnes. But since that means he's not soloing, that also means that the situation doesn't count in this instance.

Yes, Vincent, on his own, is the worst choice.

#19 Fake Ghost Pirate

Fake Ghost Pirate

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:43 PM

Charlie Kane.

.....But then again, wouldn't the almighty Patrice Hathaway be useless in a solo game?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS