Riverside, CA Looking for More!!

• Please log in to reply
271 replies to this topic

#1 Wookie Hunter

Wookie Hunter

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:57 AM

If youre in or around the Riverside area let me know.  I have a group wanting to play more often and trying to get a weekly game going.

X-Wing Imperials:  8 Tie Fighter's, 2 Tie Advanced, 4 Tie Interceptor's, 4 Royal Guard Tie Interceptor's, 2 Firespray 31's, 2 Shuttle's, 5 Tie Bomber's, 1 Tie Defender, 1 Tie Phantom

X-Wing Rebels:  7 X-Wing's, 2 Y-Wing's, 4 A-Wing's, 2 YT-1300's, 4 B-Wing's, 3 Hawk 290's, 1 Rebel Transport, 1 Corellian Corvette

Dust Tactics:  Koshka Premium Starter Set

#2 TheKestrel

TheKestrel

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:27 PM

Hey Wookie, I'm in LA proper... not much going on here, but I'm thinking if I can't get more of my friends into it (got 3 so far but scheduling is difficult for most of them) I may start trying to recruit some players at Game Empire in Pasadena.

Obviously that's still quite a ways from Riverside, but who knows, maybe we'll meet up someday.

#3 Wookie Hunter

Wookie Hunter

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:47 AM

Yeah its a once a month kinda thing.  Ill try to get to Pasadena but not sure when.  Any idea when that shop has X-Wing day or at least times when people show to play it.

X-Wing Imperials:  8 Tie Fighter's, 2 Tie Advanced, 4 Tie Interceptor's, 4 Royal Guard Tie Interceptor's, 2 Firespray 31's, 2 Shuttle's, 5 Tie Bomber's, 1 Tie Defender, 1 Tie Phantom

X-Wing Rebels:  7 X-Wing's, 2 Y-Wing's, 4 A-Wing's, 2 YT-1300's, 4 B-Wing's, 3 Hawk 290's, 1 Rebel Transport, 1 Corellian Corvette

#4 CaliAlpha

CaliAlpha

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:05 PM

I am just recently new to forum. I wanting to play Star Wars X-Wing game but do not have much money for the base set. I been buying the figures individually at the moment and want to get into the full game. I live close to pasadena, I leave a few cities east of it. I am currently residing in Duarte. The city between Monriva and Irwindale; by the 210 freeway heading east and west as well as the 605; north and south. I willing to meet new people and have never been to Game Empire in Pasadena. I would actually like to have something setup a weekly or daily thing.

Current LCG collection

/////Star Wars: The Card Game\\\\\/////Android: Netrunner\\\\\/////Warhammer 40k: Conquest\\\\\/////LoTR\\\\\

#5 Wookie Hunter

Wookie Hunter

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:03 PM

Have you even been to Gameology in Montclair?  That is the furthest I can reasonably go and they have X-Wing every 3rd Saturday.  If you want we can show up there some Friday and have some fun.  Ive got plenty of ships for you to use if you dont have any.

#6 CaliAlpha

CaliAlpha

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:58 PM

Have you even been to Gameology in Montclair?  That is the furthest I can reasonably go and they have X-Wing every 3rd Saturday.  If you want we can show up there some Friday and have some fun.  Ive got plenty of ships for you to use if you dont have any.

Hmmm never been there before. I have actually never gone to any of these stores before or types of stores because I wasn't into board games until now. I might be able to make it down there maybe on a saturday because looking at the website they have open boardgame nights from 12pm-9pm. I have only got into boardgames because of kickstarter and wanting to get into X Wing since I just started reading the Star Wars X-Wing Rogue Squadrons book series. The dog fights!

Current LCG collection

/////Star Wars: The Card Game\\\\\/////Android: Netrunner\\\\\/////Warhammer 40k: Conquest\\\\\/////LoTR\\\\\

#7 TheKestrel

TheKestrel

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:28 AM

I don't think Game Empire Pasadena has a regular night for X-Wing.  It seems like maybe there used to be one, or at least a few players, but not in several months.  Regardless, I'm sure there's room to set it up every few weeks.  I'll try to find out what the best night would be when they're not running giant 40k tourneys or whatever.  Beginner night might be good, too... I'm sure people would be interested in the game.

#8 CaliAlpha

CaliAlpha

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:58 PM

I don't think Game Empire Pasadena has a regular night for X-Wing.  It seems like maybe there used to be one, or at least a few players, but not in several months.  Regardless, I'm sure there's room to set it up every few weeks.  I'll try to find out what the best night would be when they're not running giant 40k tourneys or whatever.  Beginner night might be good, too... I'm sure people would be interested in the game.

Probably setup on when they have there open board game nights. I recently just been buying the ships. Amazon recently in the past several days had a stock. Being sold by Amazon or fulliment by Amazon. Of course they sold out quick. Think yesterday or today I bought the Y-Wing and X-Wing with prime. If there is a beginner night I would be happy to bring my board game and teach players.

Current LCG collection

#9 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:25 PM

I'm out of state at the moment, but I'll be back in the 951 late next month. I usually play Magic at GMI, a great little store off of Clay and Limonite. They have plenty of tables that people use for regular war gaming, so that would probably be the ideal place to meet up at. For you Angelinos, it's not too far off the 60. There are also numerous gaming/hobby shops out in Anaheim and Orange County, which is probably a nice middle ground if we just want to put together a once a month type of deal for all of SoCal.

I'm definitely down for some X-Wing action, so I'll check back in again once I'm back in town.
It's not easy being green.

#10 Wookie Hunter

Wookie Hunter

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:59 PM

I go to GMI also but they dont support the game much. They sell them but dont get players to show up.

Edited by Wookie Hunter, 18 August 2013 - 11:59 PM.

#11 Deltmi

Deltmi

• Members
  • 533 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:12 AM

I've bought all my ships from either The Realm Games and Comics (Brea) or Dice House Games (Fullerton). I talked to both owners, and they said they don't have dedicated x-wing nights. However, they will have x-wing events for the Wave 3 release. You can always play during open games nights, though. If anyone's interested in meeting up at either of those 2 places let me know.

Rebel Alliance: 5 [X-Wing], 2 [Y-Wing], 2 [A-Wing], 3 [B-Wing], 2 [HWK-290], 1 [YT-1300], 1 [GR75 Transport], 1 [CR90 Corvette], 4 [Z-95], 2 [E-Wing]

Empire: 8 [Tie Fighter], 3 [Tie Advanced], 3 [Tie Interceptor], 3 [Tie Bomber], 1 [Firespray-31], 1 [Lambda Shuttle], 1 [Imperial Aces], 2 [Tie Phantom], 2 [Tie Defender]

#12 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:57 PM

The owners of GMI are pretty amenable. I don't know about getting them to support the game, per se, but I'm sure we'd have no problem organizing our own X-Wing nights or tournaments.

#13 TheKestrel

TheKestrel

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:55 PM

Brea/Fullerton is a slight trek for me, but I could probably make it for a good solid day of gaming sometime.

#14 CaliAlpha

CaliAlpha

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:32 PM

Did a X Wing play with a friend last wednesday at Game Empire in Pasadena. Since now I have money, I bought the core set and already buying another one plus other stuff. I am planning to go tomorrow to Game Empire and wednesday for there events. Can't wait for wave 3 to come out!

Current LCG collection

#15 Deltmi

Deltmi

• Members
  • 533 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:48 PM

Wookie, where do u play in Riverside? I'm near Chino Hills so I'm not that far from Riverside. Plus, I went to UCR so I'm pretty familiar with Riverside.

Rebel Alliance: 5 [X-Wing], 2 [Y-Wing], 2 [A-Wing], 3 [B-Wing], 2 [HWK-290], 1 [YT-1300], 1 [GR75 Transport], 1 [CR90 Corvette], 4 [Z-95], 2 [E-Wing]

Empire: 8 [Tie Fighter], 3 [Tie Advanced], 3 [Tie Interceptor], 3 [Tie Bomber], 1 [Firespray-31], 1 [Lambda Shuttle], 1 [Imperial Aces], 2 [Tie Phantom], 2 [Tie Defender]

#16 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:32 PM

Brea/Fullerton is a slight trek for me, but I could probably make it for a good solid day of gaming sometime.

There's a crap ton of stores in the greater OC area, but I'm a big fan of Brookhurst Hobbies myself. I'd be willing to drive out there sometime next month for a little gaming action... you know, if you think you can handle my attitude. :D

Edited by WonderWAAAGH, 19 August 2013 - 05:37 PM.

#17 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:22 PM

Alright, I'll be back in town the first weekend of September. If anyone's intersted in playing, give me a rough time and place and I'll be there.

#18 VeryBadCheese

VeryBadCheese

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:01 PM

I moved to Riverside a little over two months ago. I've dying to get some game in. Just don't know where.

#19 Deltmi

Deltmi

• Members
  • 533 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:15 PM

I moved to Riverside a little over two months ago. I've dying to get some game in. Just don't know where.

If you're willing to drive, Brookhurst Hoobies in Garden Grove has x-wing play on Sundays from 3:30-7:30pm.

#20 TheKestrel

TheKestrel

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:46 PM

Did a X Wing play with a friend last wednesday at Game Empire in Pasadena. Since now I have money, I bought the core set and already buying another one plus other stuff. I am planning to go tomorrow to Game Empire and wednesday for there events. Can't wait for wave 3 to come out!

Wednesdays are tough for me, but let me know if you do this other nights.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS