• 332 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:42 AM

When will the weekly updates start?

#22 BeyondFandom

BeyondFandom

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:48 AM

How will this affect our 1e supplements? Will new supplements be made, will there be support documents for the update or should they function fine with the new 2e stuff?

#23 Tom Cruise

Tom Cruise

• Members
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:59 AM

1e supplements have limited compatibility, mechanics wise, because a lot of things have changed. It'd be an easy enough job to convert some things over though, it's still fundamentally the same set of mechanics.

#24 Kniightt

Kniightt

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:35 AM

Will the Enemy Beyond section be upgraded to the level of 1e's from beyond section? (Daemonettes, Bloodletters, Horrors, etc.)

Edited by Kniightt, 16 August 2013 - 06:41 AM.

#25 Fgdsfg

Fgdsfg

Lrod-Iniquitsor

• Members
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:31 PM

How will this affect our 1e supplements? Will new supplements be made, will there be support documents for the update or should they function fine with the new 2e stuff?

It won't affect 1st Ed. supplements at all; there is no compatability with 2nd Ed.

Real men earn their fun

Unified WH40kRP Ruleset Homebrew - Personal Notes
Talking Necrons. Dreadknights. Centurion Armour. Sororitas-murdering Grey Knights.
These things are dumb and do not exist. This is non-negotiable and undebatable.

#26 Kniightt

Kniightt

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:55 AM

It won't affect 1st Ed. supplements at all; there is no compatability with 2nd Ed.

Well, some of the content can be made compatible with a little work.

Edited by Kniightt, 17 August 2013 - 08:56 AM.

#27 Tom Cruise

Tom Cruise

• Members
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:57 AM

Most gear can, honestly. It's only weapons that require some work, and that's largely just adding AP costs and tweaking the AP and damage a little to fit more in line with 2e's stuff (although in light of the errata, statlines are pretty similar between the editions now anyway).

#28 GauntZero

GauntZero

• Members
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:05 AM

It would be great if they could give an official support-pdf with conversions of at least weapon and armour from the 1st Edition.

I think this would also help the acceptance of the new Edition a lot.

Systems like SHadowrun even give Character-converters for free...

Respect your brothers and you will also be respected.

#29 Tom Cruise

Tom Cruise

• Members
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:13 AM

A conversion of every piece of gear is a LOT more work than some quick rules to convert over characters. I think that, honestly, if there's anything you need THAT badly in your games, it takes a token amount of effort to convert it. Most gear ports over directly with little effort, it's only weapons that take some work. And that's a tiny amount of work.

#30 GauntZero

GauntZero

• Members
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:26 PM

It is not so much work at all.

You just need a general key to use.

Weapons usually come in categories, which can be transferred realted to blueprints and just slightly changed.

The only weapons which need more effort are exoti weapons.

I converted ALL WH40k RPG weapons into another system to play with within a few days.

If FFG would agree, even I would do the basic work for a conversion, if they just then took it and published it here officially :D

So its not so much about the work included, more about the political aspect, if this is wanted at all.

Respect your brothers and you will also be respected.

#31 Tenebrae

Tenebrae

• Members
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:19 AM

It would be great if they could give an official support-pdf with conversions of at least weapon and armour from the 1st Edition.

I think this would also help the acceptance of the new Edition a lot.

Systems like SHadowrun even give Character-converters for free...

Most systems (that I have played) provide a guide for converting characters when a new edition comes out.

It is considered polite.

#32 Tom Cruise

Tom Cruise

• Members
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:18 AM

They nearly always end up with broken characters that don't quite fit into the new system properly though, or lose all trace of being the character they started as.

Honestly the best conversion guide is this; rebuild your character from scratch at an equivalent XP level.

#33 Elior

Elior

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:12 PM

The more we adjust and perfect the current beta, the more it becomes not so backwards compatible so what is the point of using OW rules at all?

#34 Tom Cruise

Tom Cruise

• Members
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:26 PM

Appeasing angry fans.

#35 Elior

Elior

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:06 PM

I would rather have a superior system than a hodge podge samey system.

#36 Tom Cruise

Tom Cruise

• Members
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:55 PM

Dark Heresy honestly needs a complete rewrite from the ground up with a clear mission statement, instead of this bipolar, duct-taped bundle of subsystems we have now.

But, of course, the second that happens everyone's old 40kRPG books will instantly immolate on their shelves and become useless piles of ash, apparently.

• MILLANDSON, yggZ and cps like this

#37 AtoMaki

AtoMaki

• Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:21 AM

Okay, I have a big question: does the Desperado's special ability affect psychic powers or not? For example, the Desperado psyker casts Sunburst (half action) and hits his target. He casts Sunburst again against the same target. Does he gain the +20 to the Focus Power test because of the special ability of his role? 

#38 MagnusPihl

MagnusPihl

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:11 AM

Okay, I have a big question: does the Desperado's special ability affect psychic powers or not? For example, the Desperado psyker casts Sunburst (half action) and hits his target. He casts Sunburst again against the same target. Does he gain the +20 to the Focus Power test because of the special ability of his role? 

Maybe I'm missing something... how do you cast Sunburst twice? Is it not an attack action? Can you not only do one attack action per round?

#39 AtoMaki

AtoMaki

• Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:21 AM

Maybe I'm missing something... how do you cast Sunburst twice? Is it not an attack action? Can you not only do one attack action per round?

Ah, and here comes the answer! Thanks!

#40 Santiago

Santiago

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 04:37 PM

The Desperado special ability is actually to be used with Two Weapon Fighting...

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS