Photo

Portland, OR LCG Wednesdays--looking for LotR players.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 JonofPDX

JonofPDX

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:38 AM

Hi guys. I am over at Guardian Games is Portland, OR every Wednesday to run and teach Lotr LCG. Would love anyone in the Portland area to stop in! It's been pretty hit and miss so far (had a couple people stop by one night, nobody another) so I'm trying to drum up a little interest.

If you're new to the game and think you'd benefit from a "learning game" then stop in Wed after 6. Experienced players looking to get your game on also welcome as there isn't always someone to teach and I'd love to get a game going.

Hope to see some of you tonight or in the future--Jon

#2 gamestar10

gamestar10

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:51 PM

Sadly I'm down in Roseburg with 2 regular players. We're close to running some game nights at our local shop, as well. It's hard to find LotR fans interested in the game at least as far as deck-building is concerned. Another with new players is the number of expansions; it's daunting for them to think how much of an investment it is to get current.

#3 soullos

soullos

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:03 AM

Argh, I wish I had a day off on Wednesday. I go to Guardian Games to pick up my LotR cards and I always wondered if anyone plays there. I might be able to squeeze it in my schedule before work, depends on the time though.

Edited by soullos, 03 September 2013 - 08:04 AM.

#4 MockTurtle

MockTurtle

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:14 PM

I'd love to meet up.  I'm in NE Portland.  I also have a game night on Tuesdays where anyone in the area would be more than welcome.  We play any variety of games, but LOTR was my motivation to find new players.

I've all the expansions and what not and this is my go to game.  If we get a chance to get together let me know what deck/scenario you'd like to play and I'm happy to build mine around that.  

I love the solo play but it can be a bit restrictive when experimenting with new ideas.

Edited by MockTurtle, 24 November 2013 - 12:16 PM.

#5 MockTurtle

MockTurtle

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:17 PM

Also check out "Stumptown Felloship" on the Facebooks.  It's an open group for anyone in the area.

#6 soullos

soullos

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:04 PM

Awesome, requested to join the Facebook group. Tuesdays are usually my days off so that works well with my schedule. Hoping to drop in at some point in the future. :) I also own all the cards released so far, but I rarely play so I might be a bit rusty and noobish haha.

Edited by soullos, 26 November 2013 - 06:30 PM.

#7 JScotland81

JScotland81

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:35 AM

You guys still looking for players?  I'm new to the game, but I dig it a lot.  So-so grasp of the rules, but I forget stuff constantly.  Thursdays and weekends are the days I have off. 

#8 Catastrophic09

Catastrophic09

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:34 PM

I'm a few hours away but come to PDX occasionally, does anyone know if GG or any gamestore will be hosting the upcoming Fellowship Event with the Fog on the Barrow Downs? I would love to be a part of that, it looks so fun! :)

Edit: Ok it sounds like Guardian Games will be hosting the Fellowship Event! woohoo!! Check out my post for more info or contact them if you want.

Edited by Catastrophic09, 25 June 2014 - 04:18 PM.

#9 hone

hone

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:51 AM

Do people still meetup at GG on Wed? I'm not from Portland, but happen to be visiting for a few weeks and wouldn't mind getting some games in.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS