A Last Errata?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ThenDoctor

ThenDoctor

• Members
  • 640 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:29 PM

With the recent annoncement that they're moving to a second edition do you think we'll get a last errata for all the supplements released thus far?

Personally I think we deserve one. I mean if they're moving editions that's fine, but there are some last things they still need to fix with their previous edition.

#2 Alex Cube

Alex Cube

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:58 PM

I'm pretty sure they wont, they've got five games already (RT,DW,BC,OW,DH2), keeping two more (DH and Ascension) because of just being nice is not something I expect of such company.

However I'd greatly appreciate if they did, after all DH 2e is listed as DH19..

#3 ThenDoctor

ThenDoctor

• Members
  • 640 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:47 PM

Just recieved an email stating it's not likely. Kind of insane considering with just how little the errata actually covers in terms of overall material in the 18 books out as of now.

• Plushy likes this

#4 Fgdsfg

Fgdsfg

Lrod-Iniquitsor

• Members
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:33 AM

Fantasy Flight Games - at least when it comes to the WH40kRP line - is notoriously terrible at keeping the Errata up to date.

If there's ever any strangeness that pops up, you're way better off just sending them a Rules Question for clarification.

They really should be keeping a Living Errata - online, like a Wiki - that is continuously updated as things change or Rules Questions are answered.

Right now someone needs to compile all the Errata'd stuff, hoping that people have actually written down their answers or thoughts, and then someone needs to manually update the .pdf, upload a new one, and make some kind of announcement. Or something along those lines.

And that clearly isn't working properly.

Real men earn their fun

Unified WH40kRP Ruleset Homebrew - Personal Notes
Talking Necrons. Dreadknights. Centurion Armour. Sororitas-murdering Grey Knights.
These things are dumb and do not exist. This is non-negotiable and undebatable.

#5 ThenDoctor

ThenDoctor

• Members
  • 640 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:57 AM

I mean they appreciate their lines, and the fact that they have the IP you can see that with the fact that they have 5 lines and are working on a 2nd edition to the first line, but that doesn't mean they should neglect a simple duty to at least correct basic typos and include the materials and tables in books they left out (like the Book of Judgement).

• Brother Orpheo likes this

#6 Cogniczar

Cogniczar

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:22 PM

I wouldn't mind maintaining a fan driven FAQ if I could get everyone to post the compiled additions in this thread.

#7 Fgdsfg

Fgdsfg

Lrod-Iniquitsor

• Members
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:01 PM

I mean they appreciate their lines, and the fact that they have the IP you can see that with the fact that they have 5 lines and are working on a 2nd edition to the first line, but that doesn't mean they should neglect a simple duty to at least correct basic typos and include the materials and tables in books they left out (like the Book of Judgement).

Oh, no doubt, I agree completely. My post was meant as a statement of facts and a commentary, not excusing FFG's apparent fire-and-forget policies.

Dark Heresy hasn't been Errata'd since 2009. More than four years down the line, since they haven't kept it up to date, it must appear as a monumental undertaking, especially if you take the latter lines and books into account.

But it only got that way because of their own neglect. I have no idea why they don't keep running internal documents with a compilation of changes and fixes, to quickly update erratas regularly. It's a bit ridiculous.

Now that they're dropping Dark Heresy 1st Edition, any incentive on their part disappears completely.

Real men earn their fun

Unified WH40kRP Ruleset Homebrew - Personal Notes
Talking Necrons. Dreadknights. Centurion Armour. Sororitas-murdering Grey Knights.
These things are dumb and do not exist. This is non-negotiable and undebatable.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS