Pyromancy discussion

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#41 Tenebrae

Tenebrae

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:29 PM

use fire bolt. even though it should only travel  75-100 meterish. destabilizing that much of the star should cause something similar to this.

http://movieclips.co...-at-earths-end/

I'm sorry, but how exactly do you propose to destabilize "that much" of a star? Via some fairly minor psychic power?

Are we to understand that you suggest an anomaly on the 100 meters scale would be a relevant de-stabilization of a star?

Do you have any concept of how huge a star is?

• Fgdsfg likes this

#42 bogi_khaosa

bogi_khaosa

• Members
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:42 PM

Minor necro!

I just realized something obvious.

Unlike practically every other zap-type power, pyrokinetic attacks do not emanate from the psyker, but from the source of flame.

So it is actually very good for attacking from behind, making attacks from secret, etc. Assuming there is a flame around in the appropriate area. Which is quite situationally, but they should be everywhere in a feudal world city..

#43 Annaamarth

Annaamarth

• Members
  • 410 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:00 PM

Or riots.  Don't forget riots.  Or many warzones (any location where promethium is used as a weapon commonly).  Malfian underhive slums, where the only lighting comes from the burning of trash.  Active volcanoes (I'd say magma counts as a source of flame).

RIP AND TEAR THROUGH THE TIDE OF BLOOD WITH BATTLESUIT PILOT. SUPLEX HIVE TYRANTS. DO WHATEVER, YOU'RE PILOTING A HUGE-ASS MECHA.

-Errant, on how Rogue Trader ought to be played

#44 bogi_khaosa

bogi_khaosa

• Members
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:04 PM

Carry a flamer with you.

Or start fires with your Manifest Flame all over the place.

Edited by bogi_khaosa, 12 December 2013 - 08:05 PM.

#45 Drachdhar

Drachdhar

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:30 PM

Btw... Since someone said that Pyro powers have the Flame quality... They dont. Blasting a Horde with pyro powers will not do more dmg than blasting it with doombolt or what have you.

And setting things on fire is not that awesome in BC where high TB monsters/NPCs are not that uncommon. It does 1d10 dmg ignoring armor and not TB. An average "speesh mahreen" will not take alot of dmg from being on fire, and since there is no fatigue loss either in BC... Pyromancy as written in BC is underwhelming, despite the Free Action cast time, especially when one considers Force Storm OPness... or a decent melee artist(my Berzerker downed the C'tan Shard in one round, still had half the dmg rolls left to roll).

#46 Drachdhar

Drachdhar

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:31 PM

Oh yeh, never forget how easy it is to add that flame retardent upgrade to an armor either... (Something all Power Armors "should" have from the start)

#47 bogi_khaosa

bogi_khaosa

• Members
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:20 AM

Btw... Since someone said that Pyro powers have the Flame quality... They dont. Blasting a Horde with pyro powers will not do more dmg than blasting it with doombolt or what have you.

Yeah they do. Well, they set targets on fire, which is functionally the same thing.

Flame quality has no relation to Horde damage anyway. You're thinking of Spray,

And third, characters in BC do take Fatigue damage from being on fire.

Edited by bogi_khaosa, 10 January 2014 - 03:21 AM.

#48 Drachdhar

Drachdhar

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:00 AM

Is that in the errata, fatigue dmg, didnt see it in the core rules... Might have skimmed over it though, did see it when I checked OW though.

And yeh, that bit about Spray did hit my mind before falling asleep as well.

Still, putting enemies aflame wont do much good anyway... at least not when it counts, ie against dangerous stuff.

#49 bogi_khaosa

bogi_khaosa

• Members
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:32 AM

Is that in the errata, fatigue dmg, didnt see it in the core rules... Might have skimmed over it though, did see it when I checked OW though.

It's in the core rules, I double-checked.

Flame is like the most over-powered quality in the game because it majes it impossible to engage in actions unless you have  a really high Willpower.

Edited by bogi_khaosa, 10 January 2014 - 10:33 AM.

#50 Drachdhar

Drachdhar

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:30 PM

Which can get silly when you say have a speeesh mahreen with TB 10 who cant take dmg from it... Which is silly in and of itself.

#51 bogi_khaosa

bogi_khaosa

• Members
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:55 PM

A space marine with TB 10 will take damage from it because it will Zealous Hatred on a 10 (meaning he'll die in about 3 minutes).

Edited by bogi_khaosa, 16 January 2014 - 01:57 PM.

#52 BrotharTearer

BrotharTearer

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:50 PM

And before that he'll go unconscious due to Fatigue.

#53 bogi_khaosa

bogi_khaosa

• Members
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:28 AM

Ignore post.

Edited by bogi_khaosa, 17 January 2014 - 03:30 AM.

• Tenebrae likes this

#54 Drachdhar

Drachdhar

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:49 PM

Not that a Space Marine in PA should even take dmg from being on Fire. PAs are basically flame retardent and without actual fuel the fire would go out or not catch at all. Unless its a really really hot fire, like Heldrake spit :P

#55 Routa-maa

Routa-maa

• Members
  • 480 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:58 AM

Even in PA, if you're sprayed with Promethium, that burns hotter than now a days napalm, I think you get hot in that tin can of yours.

"Burn baby burn, Disco Inferno" :lol:

PS. Salamander would propably feel like home.

Edited by Routa-maa, 07 February 2014 - 02:58 AM.

Muutokselle annamme Elämän, Elämälle annamme Muutoksen.

#56 Drachdhar

Drachdhar

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:15 PM

Promethium being fuel... ;)

#57 BrotharTearer

BrotharTearer

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:44 AM

Promethium being fuel... ;)

And is what's burning. It's not the armour itself that's burning, and causing damage.

#58 bogi_khaosa

bogi_khaosa

• Members
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:43 PM

Promethium is supergasoline. It's sticky.

#59 Zenoth16

Zenoth16

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:11 AM

I remember hearing some where that the Imperial Guards primary way of killing Traitor Astartes was massive amounts of Las fire until the Astartes cooked in thier armor. If lasguns can do that fire should still be a threat.

#60 bogi_khaosa

bogi_khaosa

• Members
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:27 PM

That's usually how I describe lasguns injuring people through power armour. I don't think they literally punch holes in it.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS