Pyromancy discussion

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#21 BrotharTearer

BrotharTearer

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:50 PM

Low altitude orbit of a planet pushing Thought Sending for insane range on the 'I don't care who I contact' application of the power and sharing your most dirty Forbidden Lore that gives insanity and corruption point to ordinary people and the planet will go insane eventually.

In any case, it was about arbitrary narrative, not mechanics, as you yourself admitted when you realised there's no rules for setting large fires that spread.

Besides, the turning a whole planet insane is actually taken directly from the BC book's fluff of "The Warband of Sektoth" on page 341, about the Thousand Sons Sorcerer Sektoth the False Whisperer.

• Fgdsfg likes this

#22 bogi_khaosa

bogi_khaosa

• Members
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:28 PM

This is quite silly.

#23 Fgdsfg

Fgdsfg

Lrod-Iniquitsor

• Members
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:30 PM

[...]

In any case, it was about arbitrary narrative, not mechanics, as you yourself admitted when you realised there's no rules for setting large fires that spread.

[...]

Ten points to the brother with the meathook and the fancy clothing!

Real men earn their fun

Unified WH40kRP Ruleset Homebrew - Personal Notes
Talking Necrons. Dreadknights. Centurion Armour. Sororitas-murdering Grey Knights.
These things are dumb and do not exist. This is non-negotiable and undebatable.

#24 BrotharTearer

BrotharTearer

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:19 PM

This is quite silly.

Because it's actually possible to turn a large mass of population insane using actual rules?

With PR 6 and standing in the middle of a hive city (which can contain I don't know how many people), you have a 12 km diameter to your Unfettered indiscriminately application of Thought Sending (use a Warp Staff for no phenomena risk), making it virtually impossible to resist for anyone. Keep sending out horrendous Forbidden Lore with the thought sending and it won't take long to make everyone in range insane. Sure, it's not a planet, but it's enough as a start (especially if the now insane people spreads it further themselves in however way they might turn to worship of Chaos).

Edited by BrotharTearer, 02 November 2013 - 10:19 PM.

#25 Fgdsfg

Fgdsfg

Lrod-Iniquitsor

• Members
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:22 AM

This is quite silly.

Because it's actually possible to turn a large mass of population insane using actual rules?

With PR 6 and standing in the middle of a hive city (which can contain I don't know how many people), you have a 12 km diameter to your Unfettered indiscriminately application of Thought Sending (use a Warp Staff for no phenomena risk), making it virtually impossible to resist for anyone. Keep sending out horrendous Forbidden Lore with the thought sending and it won't take long to make everyone in range insane. Sure, it's not a planet, but it's enough as a start (especially if the now insane people spreads it further themselves in however way they might turn to worship of Chaos).

A completely legit way to spend a week or therabouts as a disciple of chaos for sure.

Not even sarcastic.

Real men earn their fun

Talking Necrons. Dreadknights. Centurion Armour. Sororitas-murdering Grey Knights.

#26 bogi_khaosa

bogi_khaosa

• Members
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:52 PM

Whatever makes you happy, go for it.

#27 Athanatosz

Athanatosz

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:32 AM

very easy and stupid way to saying to local pdf, arbitres, imerial guards, and alikes: Hey im a heretic please shoot mi in the face.....

"I am determined to prove a villain

And hate the idle pleasures of these days."

KING RICHARD III

#28 Cifer

Cifer

• Members
  • 2,792 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:26 AM

It's not like you have to stand right next to them...

#29 Keffisch

Keffisch

• Members
  • 525 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:55 AM

Woe to the Heretic if any loyalist has Psyniscience though.. :)

Fun ensues.

#30 Athanatosz

Athanatosz

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:30 AM

as hive words does not have any faithful citizens to report it or any psykers to discover it...

KING RICHARD III

#31 BrotharTearer

BrotharTearer

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:52 PM

as hive words does not have any faithful citizens to report it or any psykers to discover it...

Sure, they can do that. Assuming they've not been tainted before they're able to do anything about it. ;)

Edited by BrotharTearer, 05 November 2013 - 05:53 PM.

#32 Athanatosz

Athanatosz

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:55 PM

so hearing a bunch of alien words count as tainting? lol...maybe if you explain it them it worth a try bit just shouting it in to the air make no difference.... 

KING RICHARD III

#33 Fgdsfg

Fgdsfg

Lrod-Iniquitsor

• Members
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:13 AM

so hearing a bunch of alien words count as tainting? lol...maybe if you explain it them it worth a try bit just shouting it in to the air make no difference.... 

If you mean "alien" in the meaning of "xenos", then no. If you mean "alien" in the meaning of.. well.. "alien", such as chaos whispering.. yes, most definitely.

Even mentioning the names of the ruinous powers can corrupt. Just shouting "Khorne", for example, can make the blood pump faster and raise tempers. "Nurgle" can be followed by a putrid smell and make milk curdle, and so on.

Continously whispering the darknesses of chaos into the hearts and minds of the faithful.. yes, definitely tainting.

Real men earn their fun

#34 Regis Eisen

Regis Eisen

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:57 AM

For added fun, have a silent running ship in orbit with a corrupted astropathic chamber, so that your range is in VU rather than meters, and you can, in fact, corrupt a world all at once.

#35 Athanatosz

Athanatosz

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:37 PM

i doubt it could work in this way in a reasonable champing setting...  you start chanting lets say citizens start gaining corruption like 1 point per minute ( considering how heretic gain it is still incredibly fast)  ... panic spread  arbitators response team let say charge in 10 minutes or nay let say 30 minutes... heretic purged some citizen get quarantined some flee away

some of them get purged other in working camps or in crusade to be purged and some of the fleeing start to think about what they heard...

KING RICHARD III

#36 BrotharTearer

BrotharTearer

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:28 AM

"Let's quarantine that hive block guys!"

I'd argue you're underestimating how effective it would actually be on the ignorant masses of the Imperium, who are so easily impressionable and corruptable.

#37 Athanatosz

Athanatosz

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:12 AM

well i think we ended up on the perspective argument like how something or some one can be "effective" "ignorant" "impressionable"  "fast response" "surely purged" and such... I admit it can go both ways i'm only saying I prefer 1 better than the other... as we pretty well hijacked the tread from it original purpose I call it a tie...  

KING RICHARD III

#38 BrotharTearer

BrotharTearer

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:29 AM

Considering my example is pretty tame when comparing it to actual 40k fluff and lore I'd say it's far from a tie. ;)

#39 Zenoth16

Zenoth16

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:08 PM

Please gentlemen, lets drag the poor mare away and bury it. It is thoroughly beaten and is letting off a most foul stench.

• Amroth likes this

#40 htsmithium

htsmithium

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:04 PM

well in the end I'd say pyromansy wins, I'll explain.

take a guy with the "one with the flame power" and go to a systems star

use fire bolt. even though it should only travel  75-100 meterish. destabilizing that much of the star should cause something similar to this.

http://movieclips.co...-at-earths-end/

it's about halfway into the clip

ding dong mala mortuus est,

quem veteres strigam

impii strigam

ding dong impiorum strigam mortuus est.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS